PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know a Cheap Hotel in Bangkok

Cees-Holland
June 17th, 2009, 04:13
Does any one know (and have experience with) relatively good and cheap hotels in Bangkok?

colmx
June 17th, 2009, 04:26
I stayed at the Vaboir Lodge on my last trip @ 700B per night

http://www.vaboirlodge.com/

Located in the city of Bangkok, Vaboir Lodge Royal Suite is Located on Ladprao 130 and Ramkhamhaeng 81, near by Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok International Airport) just 20 minutes drive and easily accessible to all major local and tourist destinations.

Quite handy for hitting the gay "student" night spots of ramkhamhaeng and Lamsari or Saunas like Muffil or Door...

But probably not good if you are looking to hit Silom

If you want to hit silom and are on a REAL budget you could try Honey House in Soi Ngam Duphli @4-500B per night(very gay - but its not the kind of place i'd take a guy i was trying to impress!)

June 17th, 2009, 04:54
Does any one know (and have experience with) relatively good and cheap hotels in Bangkok?

Posters would be able to assist you more if you let them know what your budget is as cheap to some could be expensive to another if you get my gist....

:cheers:

June 17th, 2009, 06:24
The Malaysia Hotel is around B800/night. It's got a pool, a coffee shop and lots of boys in residence in the car park.
About 40 Baht taxi to Silom.

Cees-Holland
June 17th, 2009, 13:59
Posters would be able to assist you more if you let them know what your budget is as cheap to some could be expensive to another if you get my gist....

Cheap would be around 600 Baht, I am really out to impress my guy (I did that 2 weeks ago :)

June 17th, 2009, 14:38

Cheap would be around 600 Baht, I am really out to impress my guy (I did that 2 weeks ago :)

I am sure he will be so impressed he will teach you a new thai word in appreciation. you will be back here soon aksing the meaning of kee niaow р╕Вр╕╡р╣Йр╣Ар╕лр╕Щр╕ р╕вр╕з

Cees-Holland
June 17th, 2009, 14:50
I am sure he will be so impressed he will teach you a new thai word in appreciation. you will be back here soon aksing the meaning of kee niaow р╕Вр╕╡р╣Йр╣Ар╕лр╕Щр╕ р╕вр╕з

Thanks for giving no information at all and thank you so much for giving your opinion/judgment while you don't know anything about the rest of the story.

June 17th, 2009, 15:09
no worries, glad to be of service

June 17th, 2009, 23:29
Located in the city of Bangkok, Vaboir Lodge Royal Suite is Located on Ladprao 130 and Ramkhamhaeng 81, near by Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok International Airport) just 20 minutes drive and easily accessible to all major local and tourist destinations.

I think we have different definitions of "easily accessible", as this hotel is in one of the most remote and traffic-choked corners in all of Bangkok city.

June 18th, 2009, 00:37
Thanks for giving no information at all and thank you so much for giving your opinion/judgment while you don't know anything about the rest of the story.

Don't let them get you down, just put the time wasters on Ignore. If that fails, there are other good forums such as Ting Tong.

The lowest I've paid in Bangkok is about 1100 baht at Om Yim, but there must be many cheaper options around. Indeed Om Yim are advertising 765 baht for a room without a window now. I've not seen the windowless rooms, but the rest of the place is nice enough & a 10 min walk gets you to the bars.

June 18th, 2009, 07:17
I am looking for a cheap hotel [800bht] close to the airport. i arrive midnight sept 4 and depart at 600am the next morning. also, are there any saunas close to the airport where i can get a quick "Taste" of the gay bkk experience? someone mentioned that some hotel [cant remember the name] is near airport and close to the college pick up places? any more info on that?
also, i will return 6 days later and have 2-3 nights in bkk, where is a good place close to saunas/cheap massages [<800 including tip]
thanks guys. :bom:

June 18th, 2009, 07:31
Close to the airport hotels, would be Thong Ta Resort and Spa, Silver Gold Hotel.

If your looking for something with a bit of privacy away from the bright lights, you might want to try something in Samut Sakhon or Dao Khanong, they have a hotel where I live, 500b a night, and pretty cool theming inside. Round Bed whose frame is concreted into the ground, so no squeaky bed frames. Chairs that are nothing more then giant hands, LCD wall mounted tv's and very good security. To Silom area, cost you about 100-150baht via meter taxi.

Another major plus, is the sheer amount of English speaking channels. HBO, Cinemax, True Movies, true vision for all the good tv shows from the states and UK. All the footy and racing channels, and a nice selection of Thai programming as well. Its a 30 minute ride to the airport from where I am at, so your centrally located between the airport and all the hotspots.

Cees-Holland
June 18th, 2009, 12:49
If your looking for something with a bit of privacy away from the bright lights, you might want to try something in Samut Sakhon or Dao Khanong, they have a hotel where I live, 500b a night, and pretty cool theming inside. Round Bed whose frame is concreted into the ground, so no squeaky bed frames. Chairs that are nothing more then giant hands, LCD wall mounted tv's and very good security

Sounds maybe something for me, do you have a name of this hotel so I can Google them?

June 18th, 2009, 14:30
Close to the airport hotels, would be Thong Ta Resort and Spa, Silver Gold Hotel.

If your looking for something with a bit of privacy away from the bright lights, you might want to try something in Samut Sakhon or Dao Khanong, they have a hotel where I live, 500b a night, and pretty cool theming inside. Round Bed whose frame is concreted into the ground, so no squeaky bed frames. Chairs that are nothing more then giant hands, LCD wall mounted tv's and very good security. To Silom area, cost you about 100-150baht via meter taxi.

Another major plus, is the sheer amount of English speaking channels. HBO, Cinemax, True Movies, true vision for all the good tv shows from the states and UK. All the footy and racing channels, and a nice selection of Thai programming as well. Its a 30 minute ride to the airport from where I am at, so your centrally located between the airport and all the hotspots.

Samut Sakhon, as a base for being a tourist in Bangkok? Are you completely out of your mind? It's 40-50km away! And Dao Khanong? Talk about an area with nothing going for it.

June 18th, 2009, 15:30
[quote="Mr.DreamTransport":12955n7s]Close to the airport hotels, would be Thong Ta Resort and Spa, Silver Gold Hotel.

Samut Sakhon, as a base for being a tourist in Bangkok? Are you completely out of your mind? It's 40-50km away! And Dao Khanong? Talk about an area with nothing going for it.[/quote:12955n7s]

but all the money you save on the cheap hotel room you can spend on taxi rides. and when you get bored with spending half of your holiday in the back of a taxi, you have the cable TV in the room, with movies repeated so often that you are sure to see every movie at least twice. as for "a nice selection of Thai programming", I cant imagine what that means.

June 18th, 2009, 16:13
Just go to www.hotelscombined.com (http://www.hotelscombined.com)

They offer almost 700 hotels from 440Baht...watch for additional taxes and fees from some referred companies, also you could get hotels a few Baht higher which included a full breakfast : As always though Cavet Empor

A Community Service from www.thevenuejomtien.com (http://www.thevenuejomtien.com)

June 19th, 2009, 06:07
They have Khao San a few minutes ride away from Dao Khanong, along with a few other areas. Silom is not too far from Dao Khanong either. He asked for a cheap hotel in BKK. I gave him the price and description of one. The name is Lek Mansion for the OP.

After visiting Khao San last night with some friends, they have a pretty fair amount of hotels over there as well, and quite a few bars in the area, some with some decent live music. From what I could tell, the scene there seemed to cater to everyone's orientations.

As far as nice selection of Thai programming, that means the channels that Thais watch the most, cartoons, Thai soaps, and True Film Asia, as I would imagine most people would want their guest to be comfortable as well as themselves while they are in the rooms.

Shopping, they have the biggest night market for less than a 60baht meter taxi ride away, less on a tuk tuk probably. So there are many things to do here, just a matter of preference. You can't really knock me for giving an honest suggestion here, I have nothing to gain, as I don't get a commission or have any part of the hotel.

As to longer stays, I had 3 friends just arrive here last night, and despite 2 of them wanting to keep their rooms for 2 weeks each, they wouldn't really cut any kind of deals. Since this is a smaller venue compared to the resort style hotels, they do have the ability to negotiate prices, and I was disappointed with their unwillingness to work any kind of discounts or deals for them.

And again, can't fault me for my answer, as it was a vague question, and I tried to give an outside the box answer from experience as I stayed at the hotel prior to getting my apartment. That would be like somebody knocking someone else for asking a question like "what islands can you visit in Thailand, that you have been to before?" A vague question, but despite anyones answer, this is one of those questions to which there is no wrong answer with the information the OP had when I posted TYVM.

pong
June 19th, 2009, 20:54
dag cees-zo af en toe kijk ik hier eens. Syd hierboven schreef in thai: khee niao=sticky shit, het thaise woord voor ''gierige vrek''.
het hangt natuurlijk maar helemaal vanaf hoe ''easy dat vriendje impressed is-maar kamers voor 600 bt doen dat meest niet voor de echte bisnisbojs, dan moet je toch wel met 6000 bt aankomen! Mijn eigen vriend woont overigens verweg in een kamer voor 800 bt/maand, WC+Bad erbuiten, gezamenlijk gebruik.
HET gebied (THE area) with CHEAP rooms-just look into any guidebook-is BANGLAMPHU, more commonly known as KHAOSARN road-but effectively the whole area round it and better NOT on that street! Rooms from 100 bt/and believe it or not-many in the 200 bt range are not that bad at all as so many posters here would want you to believe (never been of course-just parrotting). No AC-and much more important-NO Thai visitors (be it male or female). And quite far from the ''gay'' areas mentioned here for BKK-but there are some local bars+sauna very nearby+ the well known freelance pickup spot of Saranrom park. Also all other daytime servcies a normal tourist would want are much cheaper here as in Silom/Sukhumvit, like meals, massage, info on local transport, souvenirs+shopping etc. Sometimes you see some older farang with a rented/befriended boy in tow walking there-they never look very happy to me. In the past=over 10 yrs ago there was a kind of hidden small local gay scene-but that has all but vanished. Too many bekpekkers from <20 only out for cheap booze.
I really cannot believe why people would want to post that here-go to any of the dozens of run-of-the-mill common travel-fora, both in english or Dutch, like lonelyplanet/thorntree, thailandforum on thailand.startpagina etc. Misschien-als ik heel veel zin+tijd heb [=niet komende week] wil ik nog wel op via private message gestelde concrete vragen die NIET in gewone guidebooks etc staan ingaan-proberen kan altijd