PDA

View Full Version : PayPal and Thai Bank Accounts

1PR4BKK
June 15th, 2009, 08:28
I would like to link my Thai bank account to a PayPal account. I have found that many of my customer like making payments using PayPal. It would be great to accept payments to a PayPal account linked to my Thai account when I am staying in Thailand for several months at a time. I do have a PayPal account linked to my USA account and would also like to sometimes transfer money to the Thai account via PayPal. I have an account with Kasikorn and tried shortly before I left Thailand a few weeks ago but for some reason I was having trouble getting PayPal to recognize a Thai bank account.

Has any successfully been able to link their Thai bank account to PayPal? If so, was a difficult process?

Also, it would be great to hear any pros and cons regarding PayPal and Thai bank accounts?

June 15th, 2009, 09:48
Check with Pay Pal, they will know. Since there is a Thai E-Bay I would think so.

Ron-Ca

June 15th, 2009, 09:58
Since there is a Thai E-Bay I would think so.

Not exactly.

There is shopping.co.th -- which is "in association with eBay" -- but there is no "Thai eBay" yet.

Patexpat
June 15th, 2009, 10:57
It is possible - I have a Thai PAYPAL account linked to my KASIKORN bank account. When I set my PAYPAL ccount up originally the limitation was that you can pay money IN to the Thai bank account, but not take money OUT. I think this is to discourage people from bypassing the 'taking money out of Thailand' currency regulations.

However I linked both of my Thai based credit cards to the PAYPAL account also, which then allows you to pay for things as well as accept money in to Thailand.

Have a had a couple of security issues early on with PAYPAL, as any transaction originating here seems to be assumed as being fraudulent, but now I very rarely have any problems.