PDA

View Full Version : bangkok visit

thaiguest
June 14th, 2009, 14:46
Just on a short trip to the city. Very quiet, not just in the gay bars but in the lady bars and regular bars also. No pushing and weaving through Patpong market. But it's not just Bangkok-it's all over the world, is it not?
Silom soi 4 is the exception. BALCONY and TELEPHONE bars very busy with some of the new trendy 'mongrel' bars having their share of straight couples. (slumming in a gay area makes for an adventurous holiday and great conversation at home:
" and we went to a tiger temple and a horror museum and- wait for it- A GAY STREET!").
Does anyone agree with me when I say that Mark (barman in the Balcony) is the most handsome man in all Bangkok?)
The Telephone bar has been renovated/trendyised. Some of the old customers are moaning about but it was heaving with people so I'm sure the owners can take a bit of moaning.
Had a happy hour in ADONIS SAUNA on Convent road (Sathorn end). A good choice of boys with all or most tastes catered for. I choose the cute looking Khun Beer. A boy of few words but many actions.
Soi Twilight quiet with everybody lamenting the demise of the gay farang species. Hard to say what the future holds as farangus homo siamis does not reproduce-unlike the straight couples on Soi 4.
The beer bars at the entrance to soi Twilight were busy though, catering for slow drinking, boy watching geeks like myself.
Ok. More tomorrow.

June 14th, 2009, 22:18
" and we went to a tiger temple and a horror museum and- wait for it- A GAY STREET!").

That's going on everywhere. Hottest boy I saw at the bar (a disco) last night came for the band and was dancing with his girl. I'll take eye candy where I can get it, though.

The beer bars at the entrance to soi Twilight were busy though, catering for slow drinking, boy watching geeks like myself.

Sounds like my kind of pastime. :bounce:

bing
June 14th, 2009, 22:31
No doubt the Thai guy you think is best looking is a fine fellow. Personally, I think the boy I am with at the moment is the best one almost every single time. It is nice to be the best looking guy in all Bangkok. I often compliment myself on such good taste in neat Thai guys.

krobbie
June 15th, 2009, 02:11
As well as the global travel downturn we now have the added drama of of A/H1N1 virus which seems to be doing a very good job globally from keeping people at home. This year is a real testing time for the small trader.

krobbie

June 15th, 2009, 11:15
Ok. More tomorrow.

Are you still hungover? :drunken:
Telephone had its 22nd birthday party last night. Dancing in the street and all the usual bar birthday paraphernalia. Soi 4 was very busy again.

TrongpaiExpat
June 15th, 2009, 13:29
Soi 4 was very busy again.

Soi 4 just keeps busy almost every night and weekends are crowded. It's hard to fine an empty table on weekends. Balcony is offering a 25% discount on food, for Balcony members, before 8pm I think, early bird specials. Several venues are now offering these early discounts.

Soi 4 keeps-a-goin whereas soi Twilight is boarding on death. Sex shows suspended for one month. The police is the reason I was told, not sure I buy that. I was also told the shows will resume.

The slow down on Twilight seems to been a mini boom for those soi 6 venues. Twinks is an interesting new venue, just down the soi from the Golden Cock. Drinks 120B. Sorry, don't know about the "other" price structures.

thrillbill
June 15th, 2009, 23:51
... (In general terms) a "gay' establishment will do better than most since many?most of the travelers are seasoned travelers and are familiar with the ups and downs of the politics here. Gays usually have more money to spend on entertainment than "STRAIGHTS" so these bars, clubs, and such in the gay areas do quite well compared to the regular parts of BKK> With soi Twilight, the novelty gets a bit "OLD" after you have been there a couple times.

June 16th, 2009, 00:05
... (In general terms) a "gay' establishment will do better than most since many?most of the travelers are seasoned travelers .....

Another way of looking at it could be that those coming here are more desperate - by "seasoned" you presumably mean old.

thaiguest
June 16th, 2009, 12:51
Soi 4 was very busy again.

Soi 4 just keeps busy almost every night and weekends are crowded. It's hard to fine an empty table on weekends. Balcony is offering a 25% discount on food, for Balcony members, before 8pm I think, early bird specials. Several venues are now offering these early discounts.

Soi 4 keeps-a-goin whereas soi Twilight is boarding on death. Sex shows suspended for one month. The police is the reason I was told, not sure I buy that. I was also told the shows will resume.

The slow down on Twilight seems to been a mini boom for those soi 6 venues. Twinks is an interesting new venue, just down the soi from the Golden Cock. Drinks 120B. Sorry, don't know about the "other" price structures.

Went to TWINKS on my second night. It's a place that hasn't fully worked itself out-part bar, part massage parlour with an unfinished air about it. It offers a very good selection of boys, many of whom are new on the scene-I think. The boy who took a shine to my custom (not to me) looked a bit on the young side. He swore to me he was 17 and would be 18 next birthday. He produced his ID card without hesitation and it showed him to be 16 going on 17 in three months. He looked at it the Thai way-now in his 17th. year therefore 17 years old.
After one drink there I went to two bars in Soi Twilight. Drinks were 230 and 250 baht. (100 baht in the Lady bars on Patpong-why?). Few customers in either bar.
Finished up in JUPITER beside the Suriwong hotel. The place was packed with Japanese customers. I got the last remaining seat. The boys here tend to be masculine rather than weight-lifter types and the lively floor show reflects this. Among the khun Nipon were a few ladies. They had two handsome boys beside them and feigned shock and horror (as 'real' ladies will do) whenever a bit of cock showed itself during the show.
Finished up as usual in the beer bar on the left of soi twilight. Had a few drinks with the handsome Mon and watched the bars disgorge their candy load.