PDA

View Full Version : Who is the boss at FairProperty ?

June 13th, 2009, 06:23
Greetings. Can anyone help me with the name and / or phone number for the boss farang at Fair Property? The Thai staff in the office is either not able or unwilling to help me. Thanks in advance.

colmx
June 13th, 2009, 06:37
Sorry i can't help...
But hope you aren't trying to get money out of them as this thread doesn't bode well for you:
(But may have some advise)
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Fairprope ... 46043.html (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Fairproperties-Keeping-Money-Ren-t246043.html)

June 13th, 2009, 10:55
Fair Properties is one of the few sites that accurately describes where the properties are. I don't know if I would use them yet but they do give you the straight dope.

June 13th, 2009, 22:08
Thanks for the website info Colmx It is a real eye opener. Yes, they owe me money.

June 13th, 2009, 23:19
Interesting.

The Fair Properties website is owned by a company named Belgraver Aircraft Furniture Co Ltd (??!?!?!), located at the same address as the Fair Properties office.

The company is owned by a Dutchman named John Belgraver, and a Thai woman believed to be his wife, named Miss Pinang Srima.

Of course, no person who had any sense would find themselves owed money by a company if they didn't even know the basic facts about it.

June 14th, 2009, 00:53
Beach Bunny And of course anyone who had any decency wouldn't talk to a stranger as you did to me about having no sense.

June 14th, 2009, 00:57
You could at least thank me for the information. I'm the only who has been able to provide it. There's no pleasing some people...

pyro
June 15th, 2009, 21:17
Although the fine art of diplomacy seems to escape the Bunny, I have to say that his facts always seem to be in order. There have been a couple "assumptions" that have been a little off the mark, but he never stated them as fact, and IMO they were not unreasonable. At first I was just offended by his posts, but I actually look forward to them now. A little blunt reality can be a good thing.

allieb
June 16th, 2009, 00:29
Of course, no person who had any sense would find themselves owed money by a company if they didn't even know the basic facts about it.

I would agree with you on this one, but even if he knew the owners name it looks like from the other forum they are in money trouble. How do you get money from someone who doesn't have it ?

June 16th, 2009, 00:32
How do you get money from someone who doesn't have it ?

Take "appropriate" action - suddenly they may find it!

allieb
June 16th, 2009, 00:58

Take "appropriate" action - suddenly they may find it!

I was in the same boat in the UK last summer. The tennent im my flat was 3 months behind with the rent. I took appropriate action as you say and the end result was futher legal expenses of 1,000 pounds. I still didn't get my money only an eviction 2 months later. A court case to recover the rent will cost me a futher 3 or so thousand pounds in fees to recover 5 months rent in all at the time he was evicted. I have since learned he has declered himself bankrupt game set and match to him.

The point I'm making is that it's sometime better to cut your losses and move on.

Beachlover
June 16th, 2009, 04:44

This is what a lot of businesses seem to be asking now...

Sounds like a lot of people are being stuffed over by Fair Properties. Not sure how much you have due to you, but perhaps engaging a lawyer early on is the best way to go.

Sometimes in these situations, if you escalate the matter earlier on than you normally would, you can get a better/faster result. Especially if you know they've already stuffed over other customers.

With a company like this, it might not be that they don't have money... it's just a matter of who they pay first!

These guys probably have a lot of people to pay... the guys who are shouting (threatening) the loudest get paid first. The ones who are more relaxed about it - giving them the benefit of the doubt for some time - get put at the bottom of the list because they are "least urgent" to pay.