PDA

View Full Version : One blogger's view of the Copa show

jvt22222
June 12th, 2009, 21:16
This agogo-bar is located in Boyztown in soi Pattayaland, right opposite of Boyz Boyz Boyz-agogo bar. The offer daily carbaret-show at 0.40 a.m. after the show of BBB. But compared to the bbb show, it was not good.. the performers looked quite old and ugly.. and the coke was much overpriced (140 Baht for coke light.. lol).

(also with 43 photographs)

http://your-thailand.blogspot.com/2009/ ... aland.html (http://your-thailand.blogspot.com/2009/06/copa-showbar-in-soi-pattayaland.html)

June 12th, 2009, 21:46
It depends on what mood you are in, if you are in a cynical mood, you could say what a load of crap, as you would with a lot of shows. If you there for a light hearted bit of fun evening, then you will have fun and enjoy the show. The bottom line is it's up to you what you want to make of your evening.

Similarly, you could take the same attitude with other bars and their shows, if you want to be a miserable so and so all evening and start slagging off things, that's up to you. If you want a good time, then that is up to you. I suppose it depends on the "chemistry in your brain" init!

With regard to prices of drinks, well, this subject has been on here so many times - prices are comparable or even cheaper than Bangkok in these showbars.

You have a choice, up to you!

thrillbill
June 13th, 2009, 01:43
...Interesting, I find the "Tiffany's" side-kick show at BBB uneventful, especially when the smiling, lip sync show starts with the 40's-50's show tunes. The few shows there are for the gay tourist to see in Pattaya are all different...but lack an original, polished shine to them. But if it is your first time to see them, it is entertaining. (When I see the lip sync-dance show at DJ's, I never get tired of it, but that is of a different standard--)

June 13th, 2009, 03:14
...Interesting, I find the "Tiffany's" side-kick show at BBB uneventful, especially when the smiling, lip sync show starts with the 40's-50's show tunes. The few shows there are for the gay tourist to see in Pattaya are all different...but lack an original, polished shine to them. But if it is your first time to see them, it is entertaining. (When I see the lip sync-dance show at DJ's, I never get tired of it, but that is of a different standard--)

I agree with Thrillbill - if I want to see a ladyboy lip-synch show then I'll go to Tiffany or Alcazar and see it done properly. I would much rather see a more humourous "variety" type show.

Having said that, I'm afraid the Copa show is extremely tired and stale. If I see that f***ing Rolf Harris dog act one more time I'll scream and ditto the Tina Turner impersonation - I saw both in 2001 (when it was Throb) and they're STILL doing it 8 years later!

Topman show in Sunee Plaza is ..............different! It's so bad it's almost good in a disorganised amateurish way, and it surely illustrates perfectly that old joke "What time does the show start? Well, what time can you get here?"

:cheers:

colmx
June 13th, 2009, 06:30
Reading between the lines it seems like the blogger is a "straight" ladyboy lover rather than a gay man....

I think the Blogger is commenting on the age of the Katooey performers rather than the showboys...
The main Ladyboy in Copa show is from the Old Cockpit bar (40++?) I'm sure Geneman can clarify that... ?

In my opinion the BBB has higher production values, but Copa show has cuter boys

Personally after 9 years of visiting thailand i hardly like any shows:
No Thank you to:
-Boy sync dancing
-Katooey lipsync
-F*ck shows
-Chuk wow shows
-Farang on stage shows
-Katooey "comedy" (aka Beg the farang for money or embarass him into giving money instead Show=x-ray, Dave, Dude)
-Candle show or shower show(my 3rd least favourite)
-Snake dancing (2nd least favourite so infuriating)
-Baloon/Dart Show (least favourite - My BF calls it a Fart show!)

Yes Please to:
Gogo Boys (=boys shuffling in underwear)
Coyote Boys (= what usedto be gogoboys!)
Private shows (at home!)

June 13th, 2009, 06:41

I had been wondering what the best definition was. lol.

thrillbill
June 13th, 2009, 08:35

I had been wondering what the best definition was. lol.
To me "go-go boys" stand in a group (usually with a cell phone nestled between their buttocks) with white underwear just swaying back and forth looking bored unil eye contact is made with the seated customer, and an instant smile is flashed on... Coyote Boys look "alive" dancing around the bar, usually (I said USUALLY) looking more attractive.