PDA

View Full Version : They said it would never.....

June 10th, 2009, 11:47
....get off the ground. But the green plastic is being stripped off all 27 floors of View Talay 7 on the corner of Dongtan Beach and Jomtien Beach Road, and the handover of units to the owners is expected in November, or before. As the occupants of the Jomtien Towers mourn the loss of their prime beachfront position and the loss of billions in property values does anyone know the latest on the legal position? Is the case against VT7 still active, and, if so, will the Land Office register title to the individual units regardless?

Impulse
June 10th, 2009, 13:14
I was following this legal battle on thai visa forum,but it looks like they removed it or locked it,I cant find it. But the last few pages of post pretty much said it was ruled in vt7 favour. But honestly,they are not going to tear it down now.They would have to tear down vt 5 also as that was built too close to the sea also. Do you have a unit in vt7? If so,consider yourself lucky that it has gone your way. When I purchased my vt 5 unit they went to the Land office for me and saved my title till I arrived in Thailand a couple years later. mai pen rai.

June 10th, 2009, 13:38
where in the world could this happen I wonder

Um, just about anywhere?

June 10th, 2009, 19:31
Um, just about anywhere?

Buying a condo for view is speculative no matter where you live. They were going to put in a 30 story building across the street and obscure some of my view (I'm on the 24th floor). The economy has forced them to halve the height of that project but there was a lot hand wringing over it by some of my neighbors.

My philosophy was the American version of mai pen rai. I figured whatever I lost in view I'd gain in new restaurants, bars, etc. to service all of the new people living in the neighborhood.

June 10th, 2009, 22:27
Would you argue with the Man.... The man who just about owns Pattaya, I have met the guy who owns View Taly and he is quite a Ominous Man, larger than life you could say, who they call the Fat Man .....

No idea who you have or have not met, but you are incorrect over a few points.

The largest landowner in Pattaya, by far, is the Chavalittamrong family - nothing untoward about them at all, they just happen to have been given a considerable amount of land by a "grateful nation", in much the same way as the Duke of Marlborough was honoured (except rather more recently, and for rather different services).

You are, presumably, talking about Kamnan Poh / Somchai Khunpluem, who is anything but fat or large.

Somehow you remind me of someone ......

June 11th, 2009, 00:09
..... by the way, The fat man, is his nick name .....

According to who? His nickname, which is well known, is Kamnan Poh/Kamnan Pho. Has been for decades.

Your nickname, on the other hand, appears to have only recently been something else (and something else before that, and something else before that .....).

June 11th, 2009, 04:41
[quote="Bottoms Up":3jjgd8jd]Would you argue with the Man.... The man who just about owns Pattaya, I have met the guy who owns View Taly and he is quite a Ominous Man, larger than life you could say, who they call the Fat Man .....

No idea who you have or have not met, but you are incorrect over a few points.

The largest landowner in Pattaya, by far, is the Chavalittamrong family - nothing untoward about them at all, they just happen to have been given a considerable amount of land by a "grateful nation", in much the same way as the Duke of Marlborough was honoured (except rather more recently, and for rather different services).

You are, presumably, talking about Kamnan Poh / Somchai Khunpluem, who is anything but fat or large.

Somehow you remind me of someone ......[/quote:3jjgd8jd]

Same Same goes for the Lengkee family. For those that don't know who they are, all the LK properties and hotel belong to them, as well as a new condo complex on Soi Pratumnak and Soi 4. They also own all but one of the guesthouse and boutique hotels in that area.
I knew one of the daughters in the family, Candy, as she was the landlord for all the properties on Soi LK Metro, and met her brothers family, when I stayed off of Soi Pratumnak. In Pattaya, they have a pretty strong hold on many of the properties in the business areas. They are amongst the more prominent land owning families in Thailand, doubt the top slot though.

quiet1
June 11th, 2009, 10:39
Since we're discussing famous and/or influential landowers, would anyone care to explain who "Khun Oh" is?

June 11th, 2009, 11:22
Since we're discussing famous and/or influential landowers, would anyone care to explain who "Khun Oh" is?

If you mean "Sia Oh", it is best not to go there in a public forum.

Marsilius
June 11th, 2009, 15:31
Oh, dear...

June 13th, 2009, 12:02
As I posted before ...the project looks like it topped out.

But what gvies me pause is the tiptoeing around who is behind the project.

Is it really sensible to invest in something that you can't find out or talk about who is really behind the project?

????

June 13th, 2009, 22:23
Is it really sensible to invest in something that you can't find out or talk about who is really behind the project?

No.