PDA

View Full Version : BKK airport

thrillbill
June 10th, 2009, 10:56
BKK airport: I need to meet a friend at arrival (international) and I can't remember a place to meet (if I miss him) when walking out. If I remember, one exits out of Gate C and has to turn right ...so is the one "pillar" in the arrival hall numbered "3"? I can say to meet there if we miss each other.

June 10th, 2009, 11:22
How about giving your friend your mo-buy number?

atri1666
June 10th, 2009, 12:25
It is not difficult to meet. Give him a door number where you will wait him (door 5 or 6) - every exit to the street has his own number. The pick ups are mostly at door 3 and it can be crowded.

thrillbill
June 10th, 2009, 16:43

Yes, he will have my cll phone no. but you have to remember that NOT all cell phones will work in Asia until one gets a new card. Example: Cell phones from North American will NOT work in Thailand until it is changed over - with a Tri band phone.

gra46
June 10th, 2009, 17:39

Yes, he will have my cll phone no. but you have to remember that NOT all cell phones will work in Asia until one gets a new card. Example: Cell phones from North American will NOT work in Thailand until it is changed over - with a Tri band phone.
Tell your phone company your travelling and get "ROAMING" then it will be ok just to call him on arrival ,then if you travel regular get a sim card from Thai and keep credit on it and it should be ok for 12 months ,i found True sim cards will stay alive for 12 months ...

June 11th, 2009, 04:54
For all international arrivals, they funnel into an area in the front of the airport. There are blue signs overhead that refer to an area called "the meeting point". This is also the area where the dividers that separate the international passengers, from the drivers and people waiting to greet their loved ones ends.

That would probably be your best bet, as they also have the gate 3 information desk there, as well an incoming flight board to let you know when your friends flight arrives. Thats where I have all my drivers meet their pickups, and seems to be preferred by most people awaiting family.

So simply, The meeting point, and there are signs leading to it as well from all the parking lot levels. Hope that helps you some mate.

thrillbill
June 11th, 2009, 15:04
Thanks for the info. (Funny how many times I have been out of that airport at the arrival exit and don't notice how it is set up---to busy thinking of the "taxi challenge" outside that meets me. )