PDA

View Full Version : Official opening of THE VENUE

Patexpat
June 4th, 2009, 12:22
Being lucky enough to be invited to the official opening, all I can say is that I had a great evening out. There was an extensive hot and cold buffet, free drinks, a prize draw and three excellent shows.

Guests seemed to be mainly friends of the owners and local gay businessmen, and the room stayed full until the end, no one sneaking off early tonight!

Oh yes ... and there WAS a special guest appearance by Lukas Ridgeston who arrived from the airport literally as the first show was on the stage. I understand Lukas will be around for the next couple of days and will be making an appearance on for sure this evening (Thursday).

All in all a 'good do' and best wishes to Ray, Darrel and Ken with this new venture.

June 4th, 2009, 21:39
Well sweeties we had a wonderful 'one night only' and it was a pity that we had to exclude all those of you who supported our creaking soft opening performances with your own money. But as you all know, when the chips are down we have to give priority as usual to the same old bunch of self-serving and self-satisfied queens who run the PGF. We're sure you understand and don't regret your investment of time and cash in support of our new enterprise.

And the good news is that when things settle down next week the end of every show will still be marked by continuing proof that age is no impediment to impudence when Mr Ray gives you his version of that old challenge to English syntax "Can't take my eyes off of you (sic)" to the accompaniment of chair legs scraping on tiles as the horrified patrons rush for the exits.

Bye for now, and we love you all.....

June 4th, 2009, 23:53
ive been twice and it was a good show. but it was the same show both times. have they added some new numbers? how many shows total do they have? i dont want to keep seeing the same thing over and over.

June 5th, 2009, 01:31
Well sweeties we had a wonderful 'one night only' and it was a pity that we had to exclude all those of you who supported our creaking soft opening performances with your own money. But as you all know, when the chips are down we have to give priority as usual to the same old bunch of self-serving and self-satisfied queens who run the PGF. We're sure you understand and don't regret your investment of time and cash in support of our new enterprise.

And the good news is that when things settle down next week the end of every show will still be marked by continuing proof that age is no impediment to impudence when Mr Ray gives you his version of that old challenge to English syntax "Can't take my eyes off of you (sic)" to the accompaniment of chair legs scraping on tiles as the horrified patrons rush for the exits.

Well Tally Ho.
I,like Patexpat, got an invitation and it was a good night. You, by your comments,were definately not on the invite list. Obviously a wise decision by the Owners. Hard sh-t. Thats the way the World works these days. Dont be so bitter. Lifes not worth it.
I also think your comment on "Words of wisdom for a newbie" would give the readers an insight to your character!

Bye for now, and we love you all.....your words(quote)

CoffeeBreak
June 5th, 2009, 13:05
Have spoken to a number of Thai's and farangs around town and none of them have ever heard of this place, let alone visited it.
Remember going to Jontium for many people is like living in New York and going to the Bronx,or living in London and visiting Brixton.
Lets face it who in their right mind goes to Jontium for a night out anyway?
So let me get this right:
the place is not a gog-go bar so no boys to take off.
(which is applicable to the whole complex)
All the "venue" has to offer is probably overpriced drinks and watching a bunch of unattractive males dressed in drag miming to tired old songs?
-Can see that elswhere in the habitable parts of Pattaya-
So am I right?
If not then persuade me why I or others should visit this backwater....
Thank you.

Patexpat
June 5th, 2009, 13:51
'is so Impressed with the very healthy way the Bar has been run, by the singing Manager, he is making a Partnership'

more misinformation .... it has ALWAYS been a business partnership.

CoffeeBreak
June 5th, 2009, 13:56
Have spoken to a number of Thai's and farangs around town and none of them have ever heard of this place, let alone visited it.
Remember going to Jontium for many people is like living in New York and going to the Bronx,or living in London and visiting Brixton.
So let me get this right:
the place is not a gog-go bar so no boys to take off.
(which is applicable to the whole complex)
All the "venue" has to offer is probably overpriced drinks and watching a bunch of unattractive males dressed in drag miming to tired old songs?
-Can see that elswhere in the habitable parts of Pattaya-
So am I right?
If not then persuade me why I or others should visit this backwater....
Thank you.

I think your having a little dig at the guyz who manage this Cabaret Bar with 12 bedrooms above, may be is not evey ones idea of a fun night out, but going by what I'm hearing many people are having fun nights there so far, who knows when the honeymoon is over, what way it will go, my Mole inside tells me, that The Money bags Financier who put up ALL the Money, is so Impressed with the very healthy way the Bar has been run, by the singing Manager, he is making a Partnership, in so much as giving them a very good Bonus plan on the Income taken, plus wages, in the same way as another well know Bar/Hotel and one of their advisors in Boyz Town has the same deal with his owners, even though I understand he has bought back some shares.

Even though it is on the other side of town, it would seem the main Man, Mr. Ken, a Pattaya resident, who has made well over 100 million pounds with his own Business interests, would know where to invest his money, in hard workers and letting them take some of the returns in their amazing efforts, so go and see what all the fuss is about, then make stupid comments about it, you will have much more credibility then, IтАЩm sure. Rather then this blather of silliness.

"who has made well over 100 million pounds with his own Business interests",

So someone who has that kind of money would want to be associated with what is essentially a bed and breakfast place plus having what some might say is a 3rd rate cabaret bar with it?

Where do all these 'fairy' tales come from?

June 5th, 2009, 14:26
Hey coffeebreak,

Comparing Jomtien (not Jomtium) to it being like Brixton for London or the Bronx for NYC shows what you know very little about Jomtien!
If anywhere is upmarket for Pattaya, it is Jomtien and Pratamnak areas, not South Pattaya or Sunee/Day night. In Jomtien, you have a gay beach, many gay owned and gay friendly restaurants (all the best ones anyway), and a normally pretty vibrant gay scene in the many bars, massage parlours and shops. Not only that, Jomtien beach is cruisy day and night, and so is Jomtien Complex.
There are no agogos which is probably a good thing but, I would be surprised if you can't off any waiters or boys from any of the gay bars - the difference is that they are wearing a little bit more than white underwear (why is it no bars buy the boys some different colour underwear?).

The Venue is a great addition to the many bars in Jomtien, and its show has got pretty good reviews. In fact quite a few people have commented on how the show was far better than anything else in Pattaya, and I tend to agree. The drinks there are very reasonably priced compared to Boyztown for sure.

If I were you, I would come for a stroll, have a few drinks, watch a show and you might get to enjoy it.
As you like your coffee, try it at The Venue, its Mokador Italian coffee which you can't get anywhere in Boyztown.

CoffeeBreak
June 5th, 2009, 14:33
Hey coffeebreak,

Comparing Jomtien (not Jomtium) to it being like Brixton for London or the Bronx for NYC shows what you know very little about Jomtien!
If anywhere is upmarket for Pattaya, it is Jomtien and Pratamnak areas, not South Pattaya or Sunee/Day night. In Jomtien, you have a gay beach, many gay owned and gay friendly restaurants (all the best ones anyway), and a normally pretty vibrant gay scene in the many bars, massage parlours and shops. Not only that, Jomtien beach is cruisy day and night, and so is Jomtien Complex.
There are no agogos which is probably a good thing but, I would be surprised if you can't off any waiters or boys from any of the gay bars - the difference is that they are wearing a little bit more than white underwear (why is it no bars buy the boys some different colour underwear?).

The Venue is a great addition to the many bars in Jomtien, and its show has got pretty good reviews. In fact quite a few people have commented on how the show was far better than anything else in Pattaya, and I tend to agree. The drinks there are very reasonably priced compared to Boyztown for sure.

If I were you, I would come for a stroll, have a few drinks, watch a show and you might get to enjoy it.
As you like your coffee, try it at The Venue, its Mokador Italian coffee which you can't get anywhere in Boyztown.

yes thank you jgg, I am sure having a gay beach and massage parlour etc makes it very up market(?!)
Anyway your posting is sensible and one day I may take up your suggestion and go to Jomtien.
Cheers!

:salute:

Brad the Impala
June 5th, 2009, 16:19
'is so Impressed with the very healthy way the Bar has been run, by the singing Manager, he is making a Partnership'

more misinformation .... it has ALWAYS been a business partnership.

Is it a bird, is it a plane, is it LMTU back again? Misinformation, gossip, rumour, innuendo. Bottoms up takes on the baton.

Patexpat
June 5th, 2009, 17:05
Just a quick supposition - my guess is that this new poster (bottoms up) didn't get an invite to the opening! ROFL :drunken:

June 5th, 2009, 17:28
Just a quick supposition - my guess is that this new poster (bottoms up) didn't get an invite to the opening! ROFL :drunken:

Can you see how childish you sound, do you think any one here is Impressed with a bunch of silly Queens prancing around in a bar in down Town Jomtiem.

We have better things to do, I'm sure the majority of guys reading here, would much rather go to an outside bar and see a Boy who we can take home, not watch a bunch of silly Girls prancing around a small black painted room all night, I have been told none of the Guys are handsome and most are lady boys, so each to there own, I know what I would rather be doing. You may be Impressed by sitting in a Bar trying to see a geriatric Stripper who donтАЩt even strip, on a stage with a Big Colum blocking the view, but IтАЩm sure not. Give it a rest mate. Try the KRAZY DRAGON much more fun, thats where ill be tonight. where you can get hands on with a real man, let alone see a real handsome man, shake his Crown Jewels, in some Comfort not the hard Coffee tables chairs they have there.

June 5th, 2009, 17:56

Even The Bronx and Brixton can have World Class Venues [Pun Intended]

Bronx - http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/nyybpk.htm - Visited by Millions of New Yorkers every Year

Brixton - http://www.o2academybrixton.co.uk/ - Europes Number One Rock Stage visited by Many Hundreds of Thousands of Londoners

June 5th, 2009, 19:19

Can you see how childish you sound, do you think any one here is Impressed with a bunch of silly Queens prancing around in a bar in down Town Jomtiem.

We have better things to do, I'm sure the majority of guys reading here, would much rather go to an outside bar and see a Boy who we can take home, not watch a bunch of silly Girls prancing around a small black painted room all night, I have been told none of the Guys are handsome and most are lady boys, so each to there own, I know what I would rather be doing. You may be Impressed by sitting in a Bar trying to see a geriatric Stripper who donтАЩt even strip, on a stage with a Big Colum blocking the view, but IтАЩm sure not. Give it a rest mate. Try the KRAZY DRAGON much more fun, thats where ill be tonight. where you can get hands on with a real man, let alone see a real handsome man, shake his Crown Jewels, in some Comfort not the hard Coffee tables chairs they have there.

Oh dear Massive Man Guy, you do seem impressed with playing with a cock for twenty baht in Krazy Dragon. ( No disrespect to you Mark) But its horses for courses. There are those that enjoy Jomtien and what it offers and those that enjoy the possible sleaze of Sunnee. Its called horses for courses.
Maybe if you had used a bit of nouse then you could have moved slightly left or right to not be in front of the Colum (sic). Or maybe that would have taken too much intelligence on your part!!!