View Full Version : happy Bar to close for 3 months

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2009, 12:49
Possibly you mean Happy Boys in soi Yensabai (now soi 18) which runs below Sunnee between Pratumnak and 3rd road

Back on topic! Happy Bar will be closed for three months beginning 4 june. Owner on holiday; boys on leave.

Francois just posted this on another thread.
Be interesting to see if another bar takes up the idea of a lounge area upstairs that Happy Boys does so well. I think it was confirmed on Ting Tong the charge of 150 baht.

The first question is how many bars have an upstairs space they can utilize. Does Krazy?

francois
June 4th, 2009, 16:05
The first question is how many bars have an upstairs space they can utilize. Does Krazy?[/quote]

One of the Happy Boys recommended Rock Hard in Jomtien as an alternative to Happy Bar. Same same action.

lonelywombat
June 4th, 2009, 18:32
Friend of mine in Pattaya ATM emailed me to say that Villa Rouge[Kaos] was closed as well

he said several other bars has chains and padlocks

Sunee seemed deserted so went back to wildwestboys and Copa which were well attended.

If oogieman is still in Pattaya can he please take a pic of the blond boy at the Venue . Sounds interesting!

June 9th, 2009, 05:48
Is Happy Bar closed for good? Or just 3 months for renovation or owner's extended holiday or whatever? I remember I had so much fun there the last time I was there (and I had not even gone upstairs yet). So Rock Hard is an alternative eh?

June 9th, 2009, 05:55
Is our beloved Pattaya dying?

yedo111
June 9th, 2009, 07:11
Who cares if they're closing , theres always new ones opening....

I'll be in Pattaya in a few weeks , together with a lot of other Europeans ,
I'm sure it will be a alot of fun and cheap too....

thaiguest
June 9th, 2009, 12:44
Is Happy Bar closed for good? Or just 3 months for renovation or owner's extended holiday or whatever? I remember I had so much fun there the last time I was there (and I had not even gone upstairs yet). So Rock Hard is an alternative eh?
ROCK HARD can be seen as a toned down version of HAPPYand CRAZY DRAGON -jomtien being more 'up market' and sedate and of course more cultured.
CRAZY DRAGON, I think, is the original of the genre.
The theory is that the boys move around from podium to podium in an ordered fashion giving the customer the opportunity to view the talent objectively before making a choice.
That probably worked at the start but in reality the boys now flout the rules (in CRAZY and lately in HAPPY) frog-leaping others to get to a favoured client and sometimes crowding around a customer without any invitation at all.
Thus the whole point of the place goes out the window.
I have often (in CRAZY) waited in anticipation for a new boy to arrive at my seat only to find him having to by-pass me due to a former beau squatting before me exuding the message 'this farang is mine". This is seriously bad for business- the place has lost my custom, for one.
For the same reason HAPPY too was about to loose me.
And it's a pity; everything in CRAZY is ship-shape but the crew has run amok.