PDA

View Full Version : Booking at Babylon

May 31st, 2009, 23:50
Babylon doesn't seem to reply to online reservation requests. Anyone that has stayed there, did you need to call them?

The small boutique hotel in Jomtien (Room Club) replied the next business day and I was confirmed the day after. Quite professional and doesn't reflect well on Babylon's level of service.

Perhaps I'll go with Tarntawan instead. They point out right on their website that they check their email. lol.

giggsy
June 1st, 2009, 01:17
just a quick question so we can help you with this.
are you the reincarnation of topjohn or brandon ?

June 1st, 2009, 01:54

The psychic told me that I was a confederate soldier at Fort Sumter and was shot in the the head. If you were the one that did me in then we have some unfinished business.

I realize that I could hire a travel agent for this stuff but then I'd have to ask around and get references for that as well. Too much hassle for a guy that goes on one trip per year.

If Babylon is too backward to have figured out computers then I don't want to stay there, frankly. At the prices that they charge I was expecting a bit more.

June 1st, 2009, 11:30
The small boutique hotel in Jomtien (Room Club) ...........

Small, smelly, dirty, run down.... it's a dump :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Might as well stay at Tui's - the same dump, but much cheaper :colors:

TrongpaiExpat
June 1st, 2009, 11:46
Babylon believe they are something special and behave accordingly. Anyway, they're not in a very convenient location hotelwise. As saunas go, Chakran is far better.

They are fully booked now, must be something special. They are also in the process of some room renovations, some new fancy rooms and that might be the reason for not getting a reply.

I disagree with it being an inconvenient location. There are motobikes stationed at the door always and for 20B your taken to MRT Lumpini. It's a short walk to many excellent restaurants and 50B taxi to the bars on Silom/Twilight. The hotel is very popular with Asian Tourists.

June 1st, 2009, 11:55
As saunas go, Chakran is far better.

Unless you want to have a chance in hell of scoring, that is...

TrongpaiExpat
June 1st, 2009, 15:18
There is no excuse for a hotel not to answer a message from a potential customer, its common courtesy. Its unlikey you want to book in the future if yu get no reply the first time. Hotels in Thailand often don't see email as something 'real'.

Like Jimmy at the Pinnacle. I agree but then all we have is the word of an anonymous poster who's posts are strangely reminiscent of former now inactive poster who asked similar questions.

Yes, Chakran is nice but most seem to be just posing, cruising and then more posing. Few, even the real good lookers, seem to hook up with each other. Then there's the annoying habit of wearing boxers and then speedo type underwear under the towel.

Sundays used to be nude night in the steam and downstairs area but not sure if that goes anymore? Then there was some action and hook ups but when they all dress to pose that's all you get.

So, Beach Bunny I asked you to tell us about where to go out in Bangkok, you ignored the question. I then asked you to tell us about what beaches in Southern Thailand are nice, you did not respond. Now, how about telling us about what saunas in Bangkok are worth the visit?

June 1st, 2009, 15:34
I would, if I wanted any of you lot showing up there.

June 1st, 2009, 16:35
I wouldn't bother staying at Babylon if I were you - very overrated. I had a room there a while ago, whilst there ok, they seem dowdy, dark colours, clean though. The only advantage is you get free entry to "Babylon" etc. There is not "much going on" in the showers and bathroom as many times it has been said so.

June 1st, 2009, 18:31
Babylon did get back to me this morning. Maybe the reservation guy only works on Mondays? 4 days for a response.

Regarding both places not being that great--sure, you might be right about both of them. First-time visitors are stuck using website photos and reviews of a whole lot of people that they don't know!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at a room at a few of the many places talked about on the forum while I'm there. I certainly won't spent 3k/night on a future trip if I find better values. I'm staying in the least expensive garden suite at Babylon.

They are both a little out of the way. I'm hoping that they'll also be quieter at night, a prime complaint from reviewers at the more central hotels--many with nearby discos.

Another email to Mr Dream to book my transport and the booking is a wrap. Good deal! Just need to compile a list of places to visit from here out.

June 1st, 2009, 18:54
Like Jimmy at the Pinnacle. I agree but then all we have is the word of an anonymous poster who's posts are strangely reminiscent of former now inactive poster who asked similar questions.

My name is Michael Lomker, my handle mlomker, my real photo is my avatar, and I've donated to this forum (the owner has my email). I'm not doing a good job at anonymity, am I? lol.

June 1st, 2009, 19:07
Small, smelly, dirty, run down.... it's a dump :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Might as well stay at Tui's - the same dump, but much cheaper :colors:

Yeah, might be. I've never stayed on a beach before so it sounded like it might be a worthwhile experience. They hired a much better photographer. lol.

allieb
June 1st, 2009, 19:21

You sound an awful lot like Boygenus who became Chao Na who stopped posting just around the time you were created

June 1st, 2009, 19:27
I wouldn't bother staying at Babylon if I were you - very overrated. I had a room there a while ago, whilst there ok, they seem dowdy, dark colours, clean though. The only advantage is you get free entry to "Babylon" etc. There is not "much going on" in the showers and bathroom as many times it has been said so.

Totally agree.

giggsy
June 1st, 2009, 19:30

You sound an awful lot like Boygenus who became Chao Na who stopped posting just around the time you were created

wow allieb i thought everyone had worked BB out ages ago
its our new poster mr lomker who was posting here a few months back as brandon..i'm not %100 but there are similarities

June 1st, 2009, 20:41
its our new poster mr lomker who was posting here a few months back as brandon..i'm not %100 but there are similarities

People that give up on this forum doesn't surprise me. There seems to be an equal mix of great people and pinheads.

TrongpaiExpat
June 1st, 2009, 21:06

My name is Michael Lomker, my handle mlomker, my real photo is my avatar, and I've donated to this forum (the owner has my email). I'm not doing a good job at anonymity, am I? lol.

My apologies. My name is Michael too and nice to meet you. The problem is that the trolls on this board keep changing names and the regulars (old timers) just get overly suspicious. It's not a closed club, welcome.

June 1st, 2009, 23:11

People that give up on this forum doesn't surprise me. There seems to be an equal mix of great people and pinheads.

You catch on quickly.

June 2nd, 2009, 01:47

Except Brandon was a complete tw@t 95% of the time & Mr Lomker seems to write sensibly at least 95% of the time (probably nearer 100%).

krobbie
June 2nd, 2009, 02:25
just a quick question so we can help you with this.

giggsy, he's certainly not topjohn who I know well.

In fact I think Michael Lomker is just who he purports to be. Welcome.

Persevere and you shall be variously rewarded with:
insults
great information
hostility
friendship
unfounded gossip
truth

If you can put up with this initial period you should be just fine. If your avatar is indeed your image ... those boys are going to eat you alive, lol. Have a ball. Oh, incidentally .... anyone who pays more than 1700 - 2000 baht on accommodation in Bangkok needs their bumps felt. I hope you feel Babylon is worth it. I'm doubtful ... but up to you.

Cheers
krobbie

June 2nd, 2009, 02:28
Mr Lomker seems to write sensibly at least 95% of the time (probably nearer 100%).

I'd settle for 95. You have to allow a bit for alcohol. :drunken:

latintopxxx
June 4th, 2009, 09:12
Absolutely nothing wrong with babs, super friendly and helpful staff, sure they may be a bit slow in responding to emails, thats why God gave us phones....call them!!
As for the rooms, the basic ones with shared toilet/shower facilities are just fine, large, clean, good aircon, quiet, wireless...what more could a queer want....oh i forget our hobby is whining and moaning.
A 100% gay venue opens up where you can fuck in the showers, have free access to the sauna where one can loll around a fantastic pool, with bar service at reasonable prices, lotsa eye candy, a sauna/cruise area packed wall to wall with fuckable arse of all shapes and colours and still we moan....wheres my handgun when I need it!!!
As for the shared toilet/shower facilities not being as cruisy some would like...what do you expect...gogo boys on demand, at all hours of the day....part of the fun is the hunt and the off chance that you will strike gold...does happen...fairly often actually.
All for a starting price of 2200bht....includes breakfast....in a quier residential area, 2 skips and a hop from the nightlife...or do we all want to be jammed into a small noisy room next to the thundering motorway...

June 4th, 2009, 19:44
anyone who pays more than 1700 - 2000 baht on accommodation in Bangkok needs their bumps felt

I know I'm overpaying. My philosophy is that I'd rather overpay on this first trip with a reasonable chance of getting quality. While I'm there I intend to drop in on some of the popular places that I see on the boards--I assume they'll let me take a peek in the rooms to see what it's like. I'll have a better idea of value if I come back for the 2010 trip. :)

I got one of the cheapest suites at Babylon, 3500 baht.

If your avatar is indeed your image

I was in better shape (http://mlomker.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452e54d69e2011570bea6ff970b-pi) two years ago but I'm hitting the gym every day...hope to be presentable come October.

do we all want to be jammed into a small noisy room next to the thundering motorway...

That's a fair part of my concern -- found a number of nice looking hotels (once again, judging by photos) right in Silom but being a couple stories above the discos there are frequent reports of not being able to sleep. I don't want to deal with that...being able to sleep at a hotel does seem relevant. lol.

atri1666
June 4th, 2009, 23:18
I got one of the cheapest suites at Babylon, 3500 baht.

Its not overpaid >> its wasted money
For the same money i booked the executive suite in the Siam Heritage Hotel in juli and there i can call it Suite
Have had once a look at the "suites" in babylon.... for me not more than 1800 baht for the best

June 4th, 2009, 23:39
the Siam Heritage Hotel in juli and there i can call it Suite

The first I've heard of it. Looks nice and well located. Did you have any guests while you were there?

I'm sure there are a lot of nice business hotels but I didn't look at many. I get to pretend to be straight 50 weeks of the year...don't want any hassles when on vacation.

atri1666
June 4th, 2009, 23:49
the Siam Heritage Hotel in juli and there i can call it Suite

The first I've heard of it. Looks nice and well located. Did you have any guests while you were there?

I'm sure there are a lot of nice business hotels but I didn't look at many. I get to pretend to be straight 50 weeks of the year...don't want any hassles when on vacation.

Already stayed there many times ( also The Tawana and Tarntawan) and i will be there with my boyfriend again in juli. Only few steps to the scene and about 60-80 baht to babylon. With decent behaviour no have had problems with additional guests.