PDA

View Full Version : waterfall

May 31st, 2009, 23:11
Waterfall !

May 31st, 2009, 23:13
waterfall

June 1st, 2009, 00:32
Beautiful. I haven't been to a waterfall like that.

June 3rd, 2009, 20:41
I've tried to get to see some of the waterfalls on various occasions. My luck, is that whenever I see signs for them, I'm already in the midst of a long trip, and can't afford the time to stop.

I know they have some great waterfalls by the Cambo border from what I hear. Almost makes me wonder if it would be worth putting together a full day trip riding around seeing the different waterfalls?

Great pics by the way. First that I have actually seen of any of the waterfalls in Thailand. Where abouts would this one be located??

June 3rd, 2009, 21:20
Great pics by the way. First that I have actually seen of any of the waterfalls in Thailand. Where abouts would this one be located??

I'm not a betting man but as the sign says 'Maeya Waterfall' I bet it is the Maeya Waterfall . :idea:

The waterfall is located in Doi Inthanon Mountain National Park, Chiang Mai and is one of the highest mountains in Thailand.

Yes !

It's quiet there not have seen 1 farang ! Only some Thai .

I love the nature , the quiet and the place was full whit butterfly's ! :clown:

Smiles
June 3rd, 2009, 22:32
Be warned about waterfall watching in Thailand. Many ~ like Baziel's above ~ are very beautiful in the rainy season (and a month on either side), but in general from December through April many of them will be but a trickle . . . a dried up rocky hill with less water running down than I piss out after 4 or 5 beers.
There are exceptions of course ~ the high mountains of northern Thailand for example ~ but do yourself a favour and don't get disappointed: best to stop at waterfalls in August thru November.

June 4th, 2009, 04:18
I seen the sign, just didn't know where it was, thought I would give the OP a chance to say how he came across it as well.

I do know from other forums that they charge entry to see some of the waterfalls, like the 200baht for falang, and 20baht for Thai prices lol. Wonder if this would be the case as well.

TOQ
June 4th, 2009, 05:58
I seen the sign, just didn't know where it was, thought I would give the OP a chance to say how he came across it as well.

I do know from other forums that they charge entry to see some of the waterfalls, like the 200baht for falang, and 20baht for Thai prices lol. Wonder if this would be the case as well.

The waterfalls where I am charge 200B for Farang, 40Baht for Thai and 20B parking fee. These rates are standard for the 4 or 5 waterfalls that I have been too. Same fees apply to the National parks too.

john

mahjongguy
June 4th, 2009, 08:02
The waterfalls where I am charge 200B for Farang, 40Baht for Thai and 20B parking fee. These rates are standard for the 4 or 5 waterfalls that I have been too. Same fees apply to the National parks too.

John, do you get charged 200 baht even when you show your Thai drivers license?

TOQ
June 4th, 2009, 08:37

John, do you get charged 200 baht even when you show your Thai drivers license?

Yes, up here it doesn't matter.. They told me I had to have a Thai ID card and that a drivers license would not work.

john

June 4th, 2009, 11:39
We did the Doi Inthanon falls last trip and this is one of the best Baz.
Maybe someday I'll stop being a cheapskate and become a Gold Member and post my pics.

But for now you're gonna have to settle for this....
[youtube:8iyf1e0x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=707VxB-ek4Q[/youtube:8iyf1e0x]

[edit - stoopid spelling mistakes]