PDA

View Full Version : Sex in the sticks?

May 31st, 2009, 02:56
Thailand seems to have lot's of interesting destinations which don't have gogo bars. Question is, what do you do for night life?

May 31st, 2009, 09:43
There isn't a city, town, or village in the entire country where hook-ups aren't available. Only lazy people depend on go-go bars.

quiet1
May 31st, 2009, 10:27
I guess I'm the odd one out here, but night life in general (or sex in particular) is not a priority when I travel, whether around Thailand or to another country. Unless I'm travelling for business, I usually seek out the tourist and cultural sights (or if it's a nice resort-type place, maybe spend some time lazing on a beach or by the pool) during the day, and sleep at night (alone) in my hotel to recharge for the next day's activities. Boring, I know, but I am what I am. :-)

(Do I need to surrender my rainbow flag now for such a sacrilegious post?)

May 31st, 2009, 17:11
I guess I'm the odd one out here, but night life in general (or sex in particular) is not a priority when I travel, whether around Thailand or to another country. Unless I'm travelling for business, I usually seek out the tourist and cultural sights (or if it's a nice resort-type place, maybe spend some time lazing on a beach or by the pool) during the day, and sleep at night (alone) in my hotel to recharge for the next day's activities. Boring, I know, but I am what I am. :-)

(Do I need to surrender my rainbow flag now for such a sacrilegious post?)

That's quite understandable.
Going without for a few nights on holiday is probably more acceptable for someone who normally lives in Thailand, compared with someone living in the west & spending 2~3 weeks a year in SE Asia.

May 31st, 2009, 19:21
"There isn't a city, town, or village in the entire country where hook-ups aren't available."

SO TRUE!!!!!!

June 1st, 2009, 00:56
Going without for a few nights on holiday is probably more acceptable for someone who normally lives in Thailand, compared with someone living in the west & spending 2~3 weeks a year in SE Asia.

Very true. I doubt I'm the only one in the West that sleeps alone all year and has no intention of spending our holidays on our own. I definitely sight-see when I travel but only in the afternoon...mornings are for sleeping after spending much of the night at a disco. Ah, I wish I had more vacation time.

Smiles
June 1st, 2009, 03:25
" ... mornings are for sleeping after spending much of the night at a disco ... "
Would that be a farang disco (with lots of Thai guys posing and cruising), or a Thai disco (wherein you will find it quite different, if only that you are one of the half dozen farang's there and no one's paying attention).
By the way, the latter is much more spontaneous ~ and inebriated ~'sanook'.

June 1st, 2009, 03:41
By the way, the latter is much more spontaneous ~ and inebriated ~'sanook'.

I'm up for that. I sometimes go to the local gay bars and dance alone much of the night -- maybe 2 or 3 others on the floor.

Around here people usually don't dance but stand there and watch. Not sure if it is the American version of 'face' or if they simply don't enjoy it. I think it's fun...and alcohol always helps me to not be self-conscious out there. :)