PDA

View Full Version : Any hotel in Silom area with FREE in-room internet access??

May 28th, 2009, 07:04
Dear all,

I am sorry that I post another thread asking for you guys help. It will be my first time going to BKK so a lot of things to learn.

As for accommodation, could anyone kindly tell me is there any hotel in the Silom area that provides FREE in-room internet, regardless wireless or wired?? I need to use internet frequently so it will be handly for me if I can access the internet in my own room, no need going to the lobby or other places.

PS. I am not a rich bread (I wish I was), so hotel is preferably under 60 USD per night.

Thank you all!!

ned kelly-old
May 28th, 2009, 07:56
All Seasons on Sathorn opposite Soi Saladaeng intersection has free wireless internet. Being mid-way between Silom and Babylon ensures a number of like minded guests.
Can be booked on the Accor website with rates for a double approx 1500-1600 baht/night; quite good breakfast.

TOQ
May 28th, 2009, 08:02
You might consider the de Arni. I have stayed there a couple of times and found it to be quite nice. It is a new hotel and is located right across the street from the Tarntawan. You will get the best rates from www.agoda.com (http://www.agoda.com)

john

jimnbkk
May 28th, 2009, 09:05
The OmYim Lodge at the Chong Nonsi Skytrain stop has free wi-fi. Their rooms go for 900-1100. Next month and through the end of October they'll give u a 15% discount.

such a deal. They're frequently full, so book in advance. Website: http://www.omyimgroup.com/

Click on Rooms, and then click through the photos Aek has posted.

I know what I say is true, because Aek is with me right now in California visiting Yosemite Nat'l Park. We will journey North to San Francisco tomorrow, then Oregon. After Portlane, we head East, ending up in Virginia in time for him to return to Bangkok on the 22nd of June. It's his first visit to the USA, and we actually saw some snow today, so he got to throw his first ever snowball. And he threw it at me. but missed.

Davidjewel
May 28th, 2009, 20:28
Bandara Suites (formerly known as The Chin House) has free wifi in rooms. Bandara Suites is located on Saladang Soi 1. Just 2 minute walk (4 if you walk slow) to Silom, the subway line, and the sky train.

Brad the Impala
May 28th, 2009, 20:35
Bandara Suites (formerly known as The Chin House) has free wifi in rooms. Bandara Suites is located on Saladang Soi 1. Just 2 minute walk (4 if you walk slow) to Silom, the subway line, and the sky train.

If you get a very good internet room rate, as I did last time via Agoda, see the link on the front page of this site, you may find as I did, that wireless is not free, but is an additional cost on a daily or weekly basis.

May 29th, 2009, 18:41
Di Arnie has it but use the wired connection, they have cables at the front desk. Nice hotel 1280 Baht per night special. If you bring a friend in it is 500 Baht charge.

Ron

May 30th, 2009, 04:16
Di Arnie has it but use the wired connection, they have cables at the front desk. Nice hotel 1280 Baht per night special. If you bring a friend in it is 500 Baht charge.
Ron

The 500 Baht charge is a good reason to go elsewhere -why pay this if you are already paying for a double room?

It's the 21st century, even cheap guest houses offer wifi & don't discriminate against joiners with silly joiners fees.

TOQ
May 30th, 2009, 07:13

Ron

They have wireless as well. Just ask reception for the password. I wasn't aware of a joiners fee. I have always made the reservation for 2.

john

May 30th, 2009, 11:58
Baan Saladaeng has good rooms, 300 m from Silom and WIFI access in all the rooms.
It is also gay owned I think, if not very gay friendly.