PDA

View Full Version : Don Muang Airport to Pattaya

May 25th, 2009, 20:22
I will be flying into the old airport and need a car to pattaya. I've used Image Limos before and always found them excellent but it these recession times even bht 2700 that they quote me is high. Can i just pick up a meter taxi outside and what would/should i pay?

Thanks

Qwerty!

TrongpaiExpat
May 25th, 2009, 21:40
Mo Chit bus station is close. A taxi should be less than 100B in moderate traffic, making the total around 200B all the way to Pattaya. Even with luggage I would, get a taxi from the street near the bus stop, ground level, walk to the far end (north) and then cut across the parking lot to the street. Taxis linger at the bus stop. No airport surcharge. Buses leave for Pattaya every 30 min up to about 2300 hrs.

There are buses that go to Mo Chit from Don Muang, air 28,138,157,170,512,or 536 according to my Bangkok bus map. Fare I am guessing about 10B.

May 25th, 2009, 21:52
4 of us hailed one in the street on a very rainy day (10th may) opposite the old airport and accepted the 800 fare as we were drenched/tired and just wanted to get back to pattaya with no further hassle. probably would have taken a lot longer and been more expensive if we went the bus route.

May 25th, 2009, 21:58
Even with luggage I would, get a taxi from the street near the bus stop, ground level, walk to the far end (north) and then cut across the parking lot to the street. Taxis linger at the bus stop. No airport surcharge.

You would drag your luggage halfway to Kingdom Come in order to save 50 baht? Amazing.

May 29th, 2009, 21:13
2700Baht to Pattaya is insane. Are they flying you there or something lol? Don Muang to Patts, shouldn't cost you a dime over 1500 from any taxi standing outside.

Can be done for less of course with transport companies. Especially if you know the right people. :idea:

May 30th, 2009, 11:54
2700Baht to Pattaya is insane. Are they flying you there or something lol? Don Muang to Patts, shouldn't cost you a dime over 1500 from any taxi standing outside.

Can be done for less of course with transport companies. Especially if you know the right people. :idea:

Amazing for a newbie in the business - firstly knock the competition by saying their rates are insane.
Mr DT has a long way to go to learn about the transport business in Thailand. Image Limo is nearly 10 years old, and with thousands of very happy and regular customers, would never go and rubbish the competition.
At that level, there is very little anyway.

TrongpaiExpat
May 30th, 2009, 12:06

Amazing for a newbie in the business - firstly knock the competition by saying their rates are insane.
Mr DT has a long way to go to learn about the transport business in Thailand. Image Limo is nearly 10 years old, and with thousands of very happy and regular customers, would never go and rubbish the competition.
At that level, there is very little anyway.

Competition is good for the consumers. I am beginning to warm up to Mr. Dream.

May 30th, 2009, 12:21
Tronpaiexpat - you're missing the point.
There is nothing wrong with competition at all - as you rightly say it is good for consumers.
If you believe in your product and its quality, it is unnecessary to rubbish the competition.

TrongpaiExpat
May 30th, 2009, 13:16
[youtube:3js1vyb7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMo6o0BtFG8[/youtube:3js1vyb7]

May 30th, 2009, 20:08
I think that what Mr.DreamTransport meant was that it is insane for anyone for whom money is an issue to pay 2700 baht for a ride to Pattaya. I agree. For some, bus service works perfectly well. I stake the middle ground.

May 30th, 2009, 20:39
it is unnecessary to rubbish the competition.

Critiquing a competitor's price isn't the same as insulting the owner or accusing their drivers of having bad breath. I also consider the Image Limo prices to be outrageous. The 2700 baht fee isn't for a Mercedes, it looks like the same quality of cars that other private taxi companies use. I'm staying at Room-Club on my next trip and the hotel offered to send a car for 1600 and that appears to be the average price to Jomtien.

With a name like 'jomtiengayguide' do you have a financial relationship with Image?

bao-bao
May 30th, 2009, 20:57
Competition is good for the consumers. I am beginning to warm up to Mr. Dream.
As long as folks are adding comments on the competition, don't forget Mr. Toom - I've had a half dozen or so very timely and professional experiences with his company.

His service fee is 1,200 Baht including tolls and he can be reached by phone at 01-4827148 or 03-0178066. He (or whoever does his email) is prompt to reply if you email them at toom39@msn.com so it's arranged and confirmed before you leave home.

Easy to reach on the phone, quick to respond to requests and changes of schedule and responsible, cautious drivers that have always known where they're going without a lot of explaining from me, which is nice. You'd have to ask them about the Don Muang thing.

bing
May 30th, 2009, 21:06
I have mentioned this before but if yuou travel for 23 or 25 hours to get to the Bangkok you don't want to have stress about getting to Pattaya. I contacted Howards Guest House about a month before arrival and asked them to make a taxi ready for me,, and a driver with a sign with my name on it. After exiting the customs area the driver took over my bags and i walked with him to the car. He knew where to go and where the hotel was located. Grabbing a taxi at the airport sometimes you have to be the navagator to get to where you wnat to go. It was 1200 baht and for the convenience, I was happy to pay. For me, this is way to get to Pattaya.

May 30th, 2009, 23:28
I wasn't even attempting to advertise my own business in this thread, I was simply stating that 2700baht for a ride from Don Muang seems extremely high to me.

I can give you 2 other companies besides myself that are nearly 1000baht cheaper, Mr.T being one of them and Mr.Toom the other. They have tons of companies advertising limos in Thailand, yet in all my time here, I have yet to see a limo. Maybe its a BMW, or Mercedes in some cases, or larger newer vehicles like SUV's and vans in others, but no company here has a true limo. I don't know why people just don't call them what they really are, cars.

I leave it up to the consumer to decide what companies are best for them to use. If someone doesn't mind spending 2700baht, then thats up to them. I just simply stated that price is way above what any company I know of is charging. Not even knocking Image, as I made no direct statement about them, only the price that was stated.

As to not having a website up yet, with the purchase of 2 new vehicles, proper insurance and registration, plus the amount of time involved in operating the company, I have yet to meet with my friend to take care of my website. Its tough to get a picture of your whole fleet of cars, while they are all out working everyday. But if you think that after I get my website done, I will be charging 2700baht for a ride from Don Muang to Pattaya, you are sorely mistaken.

Look at it from this viewpoint if you choose to. Since I do not have a website up yet, I rely on word of mouth, and customer referrals, as well as customer reviews on various forums for incoming business. I am busy and running near booked most of the time, as well as charging rates that are among the most competitive in my travel areas. So, that means I am dependent on how good of a job my drivers do, as well as the prices I charge, rather then just letting a website draw in customers. If anything, the fact that I haven't gotten the website up yet, means I have to do a better job then the guy next to me, and try to make sure my customers are that much happier.

[attachment=1:1v04qvww]avanza.jpeg[/attachment:1v04qvww]

[attachment=0:1v04qvww]thailand1 417.JPG[/attachment:1v04qvww]

There are a few of my vehicles. We have 2 of the black Avanzas as well. I am not knocking any company in this post, if you look at my statement and read it, I just said 2700baht was insane. Thats my personal feeling on the matter, as I know how much almost every company in BKK and Pattaya charge.

I don't need to knock any company, especially since many companies hire my cars to do pickups, and charge a commission fee on top of our rate. You would be surprised to know how many of us transport companies are affiliated through business dealings, or borrowing drivers to for transports. A good friend of mine that used to run a bar, used to write a review column about other bars. He never had anything bad to say about any bar he reviewed. When he was asked why, he simply said, the people will go into the bars and find out for themselves, I don't need to point out the bad in a place, the customers will do that and make those decisions on their own. I operate the same way in my business. So don't confuse my thinking a price is out of line, to attacking another company.

Cheers.

May 30th, 2009, 23:59
And we are 1200Baht btw from Don Muang To Pattaya, tolls and parking included, regardless of whether you get one of the brand new cars or larger vehicles, still the same price.

atri1666
May 31st, 2009, 01:28
I have used Image limo for 7-8 years and have never once been let down, always had a driver that can speak good English waiting for me at the airport and certainly never had to act as navigator. I think that Image Limo has many loyal customers such as myself who are prepared to pay a premium for safety and comfort after a 13 hour flight.
'So you pays your money and makes your choice'

Never used and never will use Image Limo >> i have done my choice over 20 years in LOS. I used in the last 20 years other companies and also never once been let down. Drivers always have been speaking good english and never have had any problem at the airports. I paid mostly up to 1200 baht/trip to pattaya and it is enough premium pay for safety after a long flight. Also always have had good cars - clean - some times even mercedes. So i made my choice not to waste lots of money to pay for a name only to pay for good service.
And even Bell travel is good enough to travel to and from the airport.

May 31st, 2009, 22:38
My one other trip by taxi did not not inspire confidence in the driver when he stopped for 15 minutes every 20 -25k to top up the brake fluid and let the brakes cool down.

Thanks for the interesting tale. I can understand sticking with a good company once you've found one. I'm definitely that way about my mechanic--costs as much as a dealership but quality is sometimes worth paying for.