PDA

View Full Version : Owner wanted: Telephone Bar Bangkok

allieb
May 25th, 2009, 20:44
Rough calculations tell me that. If as the ad says profits are expected to be rising as before for 2008, then it should be around the 3,000,000 Baht mark.
Its already the end of May 2009 why aren't these numbers worked out yet?

What sort of monthly salary is offered ? It dosen't mention.

How is the profit divided,do the police get a share or is that in the running expenses ?

Asuming 50% clear thats 11 % on investment outlay, not so bad in this economic climate.

Main question is why is partner leaving in the first place? Whats gone wrong, or about to go wrong?

May 25th, 2009, 21:13
Telephone is not in an illegal vice trade. It has no reason to pay anything to the police.

May 25th, 2009, 21:35
Nice copy & paste from Sunbelt Asia (http://www.sunbeltasia.com/)

Telephone is not in an illegal vice trade. It has no reason to pay anything to the police.

A statement that proves you know Fuck All about doing business in Thailand.

May 25th, 2009, 21:40

Why don't you tell me something about it? I've run a business in Thailand for over 20 years. How many years have you done so?

May 25th, 2009, 21:46

Wrong, unless the business is actually owned by the police, if you wish to operate problem free anywhere in Thailand all entertainment establishments pay some kind of fee to the local 'friendly' BIB.

:cheers:

May 25th, 2009, 21:49

Wrong, unless the business is actually owned by the police, if you wish to operate problem free anywhere in Thailand all entertainment establishments pay some kind of fee to the local 'friendly' BIB.

So you have run a non-vice, legally operating entertainment venue in Thailand? Please tell us about it.

May 25th, 2009, 22:11
Every bar in Soi 4 pays towards the cost of two plain clothes cops who are in (or near) the soi every night.

...who presumably keep an eye on things in the soi. Totally different from sharing one's profits with the local cops as a bribe/cost-of-doing business, which was the original presumption.

May 25th, 2009, 22:40
...who presumably keep an eye on things in the soi. Totally different from sharing one's profits with the local cops as a bribe/cost-of-doing business, which was the original presumption.

Try not paying them and see what happens to your legitimate business!

May 25th, 2009, 22:51

Try not paying them and see what happens to your legitimate business!

Sounds like you have a lot of experience owning/running entertainment venues in Thailand. Why don't you tell us about it?

Perhaps you have even more than my 20 years' experience as a businessman in this country.

allieb
May 26th, 2009, 00:45
Beach Bunny

Don't be an asshole nothing goes well in thailand and in fact in many other parts of the world without crossing someones palm with silver. In other words protection money . And why dont you tell us of your sucessful ligit ventures :argue:

May 26th, 2009, 00:58
Allieb,

If I told you, the trolls would just come out bleating "empty boasts".

I can tell you, though, that the police do extort protection money from businesses that are operating outside, or on the fringes of, the law. That is where they make their money. Not from law-abiding businesses.

Paying a few hundred baht a day to have plainclothes police keep an eye out for trouble-makers in a nightlife area is not extortion. That is a service that the bar owners want...not one that is forced upon them. Many jewelry shops, etc., in the West also hire off-duty cops as security -- it is no more a protection racket there than it is here.

It is quite different from G.O.D. paying the police tens or hundreds of thousands of baht each month in order to operate beyond legal operating hours, or the Soi Twilight bars paying similar amounts to have shows and promote prostitution, both of which are clearly illegal.

I know it must be tempting for people who don't know better to claim smugly that the police always have their palms out, but that is not the case when you are running a business legally.

Believe what you want, though...some people are happier being ignorant.

May 26th, 2009, 03:27
Allieb,

I can tell you, though, that the police do extort protection money from businesses that are operating outside, or on the fringes of, the law. That is where they make their money. Not from law-abiding businesses.

Paying a few hundred baht a day to have plainclothes police keep an eye out for trouble-makers in a nightlife area is not extortion. That is a service that the bar owners want...not one that is forced upon them. Many jewelry shops, etc., in the West also hire off-duty cops as security -- it is no more a protection racket there than it is here.

It is quite different from G.O.D. paying the police tens or hundreds of thousands of baht each month in order to operate beyond legal operating hours, or the Soi Twilight bars paying similar amounts to have shows and promote prostitution, both of which are clearly illegal.

I know it must be tempting for people who don't know better to claim smugly that the police always have their palms out, but that is not the case when you are running a business legally.

The only thing I have gleaned from this thread is that you sure as hell do not know businesses in Thailand and your owned supposed business is on the lower end of any success ladder, thats of course if we were to believe any of your bullshit. Maybe you should ask that make believe RICH guy for advice.
Low self esteem is without doubt certainly part of your make up!!

May 26th, 2009, 04:56
That is a steal with the figure showing.

But I am quite sure a typo as been made, the rent can not be at 31500 baht, they forgot a digit

May 26th, 2009, 06:58
I looked into buying into a place in Soi 4 some years back and I can assure you that, at that time, the rent and the key moneys were considerably higher than those quoted.

The nonsense that beachbunny says about not paying the police, take it with a pinch of salt. Everyone pays so that they don't get hassled by the police; so that they can stay open a little later than their licence allows and so that someone comes running if there is any trouble. It's not a lot of money as I understand it but I was told no specific figure.

I was in Telephone last week and it was busy considering the economic climate. The Australian now running it is a nice old boy and has transformed the bar since it was in the hands of that loud American. A lot of the regulars left when he was in charge and followed the old owner to @Richards; well now most of them have returned to their old stomping ground and the Telephone bar has quite a nice atmosphere. I expect @Richards is cussing that Telephone is now busy again thanks to the man he sold his old bar to.

May 26th, 2009, 07:51
well I know from the mouth, I dont tell you who, that any bars in Soi 4 pays something to the BIB.
BTW the owners of the soi is a Chinese family/company, every evening ,they use their big car. driving into the soi, I have not seen other cars in the soi. I dont care i am a tourist, I just want to tell what I have been told. Maybe wrong maybe not wrong.
BTW there were problems about the Gay Pride because the BIB did not been got there craysy fee. The bars did not want the pay the fee, and that is why it have not been there for two eyars.
Just what I have been told, maybe not the throuth, but well, it looks not wrong to me.
Take care out there

May 26th, 2009, 08:29
The nonsense that beachbunny says about not paying the police, take it with a pinch of salt. Everyone pays so that they don't get hassled by the police; so that they can stay open a little later than their licence allows

That's just what I said, numb nuts: you pay the police to get away with illegalities. They do not come and extort legally operating businesses just for being there.

May 26th, 2009, 09:49
Thank you, fattman. My experience coincides with yours. I am still awaiting tales from the long Thai business careers of the others here who think they know everything.

May 26th, 2009, 12:47
rent i think 310000 baht a month = 4 blocks * 77500

a447
May 26th, 2009, 16:03

So, Beach Bunny has come up with yet another empty boast - he's been running a business in Thailand for over 20 years, but can't tell us what or where it is. Funny, considering it is supposed to be a legitimate business, not paying fees to the police.
C'mon BB, give us the lowdown on your business and we can go and check it out for ourselves. If it turns out that you HAVE indeed been running a business then you will gain the cred you crave.

If, as Allieb suggests, you give us the info about your business, then surely the "trolls" would NOT be able to accuse you of "empty boasts". They can only accuse you of that if you DON'T give them the info.

May 26th, 2009, 16:19
No, thanks. I don't particularly want any of you nut cases showing up on my doorstep. It doesn't bother me a bit for you to to go on disbelieving anything I say. I have nothing that I need to prove to the likes of you.

In any case, my company is not a retail or entertainment business, and caters only to corporate clients -- not individuals -- so there's nothing here that would be of interest or use to anyone here.

maisoui
May 26th, 2009, 16:22
What I see here is a cultural difference between people running businesses in Bangkok and Pattaya. They might as well be on different planets.

Frankly, I find much of what the Bunny says quite credible and I don't see why he should be challenged any more than any other poster to reveal his true identity.

May 26th, 2009, 16:34
The "cultural difference" is not Bangkok v. Pattaya.

It is legitimate business v. legitimate or semi-legitimate business.

The business owners who complain about the police "being on the take" are the ones doing something illegal (staying open late, not having proper licenses, not being fire regulation-compliant, employing underage staff, having sex shows, offering boys for "off", etc., etc.).

The rest of us have no such problems.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 26th, 2009, 16:40

does everything have to descend into a slanging match on here ! Honestly it's like being at home having dinner with the wife :argue:

Cut'n'paste is actively encouraged and one only has to look at the world's newspapers on the net to realize that is how the media now operates. One day there will no such thing as an original journalist who researches and writes a story.

And please, never insult the Thai police..you may need them one day.

However purchasing tickets to the annual Policeman's Ball is encouraged and a monthly payment plan is conveniently arranged..although I doubt a cell phone shop needs to buy tickets.

May 26th, 2009, 17:19
No, thanks. I don't particularly want any of you nut cases showing up on my doorstep. It doesn't bother me a bit for you to to go on disbelieving anything I say. I have nothing that I need to prove to the likes of you.

In any case, my company is not a retail or entertainment business, and caters only to corporate clients -- not individuals -- [color=#FF0000]so there's nothing here that would be of interest or use to anyone here.

Merciful heaven, Thank God for small mercies....... :cheers:

May 26th, 2009, 17:27
I remember talking to a previous owner of Telephone (the one who's now in Vientiane). He was quite definite about paying protection money to the police. It's the same the world over - anywhere there's sex, drugs and rock'n'roll the cops will have their hands out, no matter how legal the business. Telephone Bar has always been known as a place where there are money boys (sex), alcohol (drugs) and music (rock'n'roll) and of course there's a police "facilitator on the unofficial payroll. The same I'm sure is true of DJ Station.

gra46
May 26th, 2009, 18:47
[quote="Beach Bunny":2rhfnhe0]Telephone is not in an illegal vice trade. It has no reason to pay anything to the police.

Why don't you tell me something about it? I've run a business in Thailand for over 20 years. How many years have you done so?[/quote:2rhfnhe0]

why not NAME IT ???????

May 26th, 2009, 18:54
Because 1) you wouldn't know it; 2) I don't want you to know it.

Is that clear enough for you?

gra46
May 26th, 2009, 18:59
Because 1) you wouldn't know it; 2) I don't want you to know it.

Is that clear enough for you?

AND
3) Your a fucking LIAR
4) you hide who you were here in the PAST( you no balls only your fathers that sat on your chin)

May 26th, 2009, 19:14
Right. I'm a liar. And you are on ignore. Bye.

May 26th, 2009, 19:21
If the Telephone Bar which is in my opinion a very successful bar (based on the information provided here, i.e. profits etc) even though these past few years have seen other bars appear, namely Balcony, anyway Telephone is clearly very profitable indeed and they sell their "drinks" and food at reasonable prices. Doesn't that tell you something. Cheaper bar prices ultimately boost profits. The problem with running a bar in that area is you don't know "what you're up against" in many respects, i.e. once you've passed over your money to buy the bar, you're stuck with it and the potential "problems".

May 27th, 2009, 08:32
Like we all are gonna believe that Soi 4 Soi 2 pubs, discos and ALL the rest aren't just LEGITIMATE businesses, like all the rest, like the Boots or Colonel Sanders nearby. They are. Geez, was it 1987 the first time I walked into Telephone? That would be 22 years ... ;-). Hmmm. Such distortive offal could only drivel from the mouth or arsse (wretched anus) of the one-and-only tinily equipped, no brainer 'Big Guy' whose prolonged emetical stream of froth still regurgitates here to all appearances. Unfortunately :-(.

And the news comes fast, don't it, like what we in Texas are reminded of as 'juneteenth', in that the NEWS of one of the partners been driven into exile, the partner from which came the dry chicken that flakes in your mouth, among else, that news of the long anticipated departure IS 3-4 months old aLrEaDy. Glad we're finally hearing about it here! Of course that's why the 'top' (of the news) FM's always having the latest knowledge and information at his fingertips is why he's on his way to this year's already un-slated Sawatdee Awards. I vote ahead 'FM'!

And what wOuLd be the matter with all those cute boys who all seem to have a beer in their hands? Duhhhh. Ain't nothin wrong with that! No worries here.

I've already noticed a few of the old-gang regulars driven off going back over the past few months. The news must be getting out, like the lights.

Good we got the BIB at the soi watching out (heheheheheheh).

latintopxxx
May 27th, 2009, 10:53
Don't mean to be a complete bitch but.......a profit of BHT2,500,000 is around Euro 60,000, to be split amongst 2 partners!!
Unless the promised salary is substantial you gotta be nuts to put up with all the aggravation of running a business for a measely Euro 30K.
To mis-quote some famous model i wouldn't get out of bed for that...

May 27th, 2009, 13:15
...who presumably keep an eye on things in the soi. Totally different from sharing one's profits with the local cops as a bribe/cost-of-doing business, which was the original presumption.Correct me if I'm wrong but when Bugs Bunny was posting as one of his now banned nicknames and boasting of having run a successful business in Thailand for 20 years, didn't he also tell us that he believes that legitimate businesses in Thailand should be paying the local cops something unofficially for doing their official job for which they are paid a salary. Here in the First World (I'm in San Antonio now) if a nightclub or bar owner wants some security he can go to a security company and get it and it's all on the books. In the Third World (Thailand for example) can the owners of the bars in places like Soi 4 do the same thing? I think their only "option" is to pay the police to keep an eye on things (and they don't have an option not to pay). Most people in the West would regard that as corruption.

May 27th, 2009, 13:30
I have no idea who you are talking about or what they said, thus I cannot respond.

Even in the West, though, it is exceedingly common to hire off-duty cops for security...completely legally. They are preferable to security guards who (in Thailand, at least) cannot carry firearms and have no authority of arrest (or any other legal authority, really) whatsoever.

In case the fact escaped you though, Curious, Thailand is not the West and different rules apply here. Anyone who cannot get their heads around that fact has no business whatsoever doing business here.

May 27th, 2009, 14:14
In case the fact escaped you though, Curious, Thailand is not the West and different rules apply here. Anyone who cannot get their heads around that fact has no business whatsoever doing business here.That has certainly not escaped me. Being a bank employee in Singapore is as close as I ever want to come to doing business in Asia, believe me. The whole corruption/nepotism thing as a way of doing business has no attraction for me.

a447
May 27th, 2009, 19:37
So, beach Bunny does not want anyone to know what his alleged "business" is in Thailand! I wonder why?
Let's see....I know, HE DOESN'T HAVE A BUSINESS IN THAILAND.
How did I and others come to this obvious conclusion?
a) BB is an arrant liar
b) BB made the mistake of boasting about something (his 20 year old business) which he stupidly forgot would be so easy to prove. Didn't he realise we would ask him for the name and/or address of his business? I mean, how obvious would that have been? It left him in the uncomfortable position of having to refuse to provide a simple address because, according to his warped logic,

c) he has the brain the size of a pea and so would be totally incapable of running a successful anything
d) we know his business acumen would not bode well for any kind of success. Some of you may remember this gem:

End result is the same: they're happy as punch that you emailed them in a huff to tell them to take their hotel room and shove it. I know I would be if I owned that hotel.

Beach Bunny comes across as just a bitter, lonely old man with a very nasty streak. He enjoys insulting strangers (as we all are on this board although he thinks he knows us:
Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to here.) who has imaginary rich friends and an imaginary endless supply of money.

I have friends who can buy and sell him, and while I may not have as much, I already have more than I can possibly spend in my lifetime.

Beach Bunny - you have spent far too much time out in the sun. If the above quote from you were true, you would be out and about enjoying yourself, not wasting your time on this board every day. 500 hundred posts in just over 4 months?? It borders on the ridiculous.

BTW gra46, I'm sure BB has not put you on his ignore list, although I'm also sure you would not find that earth-shattering and could probably survive such a blow. In fact, he hasn't put anyone on his ignore list. If he did, he would have no reason to remain on this board and life, as he knows it, would come to an end!

May 27th, 2009, 20:16
You think I'm going to reveal my true identity and details of my ongoing business concerns here, just to prove something to a semi-literate, anonymous cunt? Hahaha...right. Let me make it even clearer for you: I DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOU, NOR DO I GIVE A RAT'S ASS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE A WORD I SAY.

Khor tose
May 27th, 2009, 20:19
Beach Bunny comes across as just a bitter, lonely old man with a very nasty streak. "You would be out and about enjoying yourself, not wasting your time on this board every day. 500 hundred posts in just over 4 months?? It borders on the ridiculous.

BB, I will not say I agree with the rest of a447's statement, but the lines I quoted above I do believe represent very valid points. Now
pleasssssssssssssse don't give me that crap about how your just in it for laughs. That "just in it for laughs" is Bull Shit, and was Homi's favorite. A little originality please. May I suggest a good physical and a check on your testosterone levels. Bitter lonely old man syndrome is often caused by a low level of this steroid and you may benefit from a doctor's intervention. A fine mind (you are sharp) is a terrible thing to waste, and just think of the positive things you could do if you were not so bitter.

May 27th, 2009, 21:49
Well it is good to conclude from this thread that the rampant police corruption evident in the Silom Sois is little more than a couple Rent-A-Cops around to "keep an eye" on things. It really sounds like a good idea to me, I'm sorry that so many westerners have difficulty with it. In my almost 20 yrs in Bangkok I can also say that I have never felt extra security was even needed, anywhere in BKK for that matter.

If they keep under 20's out of the soi (AGAIN, NOT that I think at all that there has ever been a problem at in Silom) and let 'em know when to turn out the lights, then, again, sounds like a GOOD IDEA to me! ;-)

The price fails my simple test for viability of an investment of that type.

latintopxxx
May 29th, 2009, 00:16
Bunny.....por favor!!!!...shaddap!!!!......stop taking the bait.......retreat...U not gonna win this slinging match.

Impulse
May 29th, 2009, 11:13
Beach Bunny is bitter? I think anyone would be if they listened to the crap music he listens to: Striesand,captain and teneil,bet Midler,Barry Manillow,and throw in some show tunes to boot,tee hee. :queen:

May 29th, 2009, 11:35
Beach Bunny is bitter? I think anyone would be if they listened to the crap music he listens to: Striesand,captain and teneil,bet Midler,Barry Manillow,and throw in some show tunes to boot,tee hee. :queen:

Another budding genius who is unable to identify sarcasm when he sees it...

a447
May 29th, 2009, 15:37
You think I'm going to reveal my true identity and details of my ongoing business concerns here, just to prove something to a semi-literate, anonymous cunt? Hahaha...right. Let me make it even clearer for you: I DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOU, NOR DO I GIVE A RAT'S ASS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE A WORD I SAY.

Question 1: "semi-literate"?? Can I have an example, please Beach Bunny? How about this gem from you?

And thank you, sir, for taking the time to quote my comment -- thus insuring even those that have me on my foe list will see it and be annoyed. Are you running an insurance business in Thailand? So now we know.

Question 2: If you really "DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S ASS....", why are you shouting?

Oh, and BTW nobody here is asking you to reveal your "true identity." And we certainly don't want any "details" of your business. A simple address would suffice. :profileleft:

kittyboy
May 29th, 2009, 23:29
Let me preface this by saying - I don't know anything about running a business in thailand.

I have run into the odd farang on my trips to thailand that go on about how great it would be to own a business in thailand... they could combine work and play...etc..

I was a bartender when I was an undergraduate in college. The bar where I worked had a very steady customer base.
The guy who owned the place took maybe 2 weeks vacation total in the 4 years I worked for him.
He was there everyday supervising the staff... checking inventory... doing all those things that needed to be done to keep his business successful. He sat at the bar drinking almost every night till 8 or 9 just to make sure things ran well.
20 years later I stopped by the bar, I walked in and he was on the same fucking bar stool he had been on 20 years earlier.

My point is that I suspect that owning a bar in thailand is even more work and less vacation time.
I salute you folks who can run a successful business and especially those of you who can do so in a foreign country.
For the newbie who is interested in setting up shop in a business in thailand I suspect it is much harder than I or most of us who do not run businesses can imagine.

May 29th, 2009, 23:34
I don't own a bar. I own a real business -- with desks and computers and potted plants and a meeting room and stuff like that.

You'd have to be nuts to get into the bar business in Thailand, in my humble opinion.

May 30th, 2009, 00:18
While the cops here, do dip their hands in to many businesses that are legally run, and not running on any kind of borderline legality, there are many that they keep their hands out of. Its not a case of these businesses knowing people in high places, its just a matter of these businesses not really giving the cops anything to come after. Almost like trying to get a drink from a dried out well.

I used to manage a bar and guesthouse, there the cops presence was well known. Even down to the people we got our licensing through being related to the cops in that area, and charging a premium for the license, or cops coming around selling concert tickets that have a face value of 50baht, telling you your going to buy 2 tickets for 1000baht. Thats the cost of doing business here.

With my company now, the cops can't really come after us for anything. They do occasionally pull a driver over, and its quicker for us to palm them a few hundred baht,same as any random person driving down the road, but as far as paying us visits to collect weekly or monthly money, there is just no way for them to do it.

There are some businesses here, that will never pay one baht to the cops unless they chose to, in areas like Pattaya or Nana though, its more likely even the 7-11's have to kick out some free sodas or smokey bites.

The only time you will see the local cops coming after a non P4P, non-gaming, non-karaoke machine having, taxpaying business, is if you really did something to piss someone off, or are flaunting so much money around, that they mark you as a target. If they think you are a foreigner making a crapload of money, no matter what you are doing, if they come in and say we want 10k a month or we will shut you down, they are playing a poker game with you.

You can call their bluff and tell them to piss off, or call your friends in high places, sometimes that works, sometimes they get you shut down for one reason or another due to some kind of violation they managed to find. Most of the time though, they figure out of fear, you will give in and pay. Thats the main reason never to license a company in a falang name, do it in a Thais and save some hassle. They figure us for ATM's, and are more likely to extort a falang owned company, than a Thai owned company.

In reality, the number of businesses paying out to the police, is probably equal to the number of business that have no interaction with them whatsoever. It all depends on location, type of business, and who you know.

Take a language school for example, how many of those do you really think the cops are coming after? There are profitable ventures in Thailand that don't require you to pay tea money.

Its just the glam type of ventures like pharmacies, bars, gogo's, and clubs that get the monthly visits 100% guaranteed. Again, if they are not visiting these places, look at who is involved, the Thai listed owners brother in law is a cop, or the Thai listed owner used to be a cop. Thats another common thing you see that gives some businesses a bit of protection from random streetbeat officers walking in and laying claim to payouts of that particular venture.

Ever see how many businesses have pics up of their police relatives, or have their old police hats sitting in plain view? Now you know why they do it, as a warning to anyone thinking they can hustle that business out of money.

You ever wonder how when you do visa runs, you are able to walk past the 100's of people waiting in line to have their passports stamped, and you just go right to your hotel? Want to take bets on how many of the people working for that company used to be border police, or immigration officials??

May 30th, 2009, 00:22
You ever wonder how when you do visa runs, you are able to walk past the 100's of people waiting in line to have their passports stamped, and you just go right to your hotel? Want to take bets on how many of the people working for that company used to be border police, or immigration officials??

Funny, no one seems to complain about that kind of corruption. Or the corruption that keeps their favorite boy bar in business and brimming over with young flesh.

x in pattaya
August 1st, 2009, 13:39

This whole topic is a piece of crap and waste of time.

Beach Bunny

Don't be an asshole nothing goes well in thailand and in fact in many other parts of the world without crossing someones palm with silver. In other words protection money . And why dont you tell us of your sucessful ligit ventures :argue:

After reading Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People he opened the local franchise of Miss Manners' Charm School.

August 1st, 2009, 23:33

Even if your statement is true it's not so bad for the Bunny............... most posters in here know Fuck All about ANYTHING.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Beachlover
August 2nd, 2009, 07:53
a real business -- with desks and computers and potted plants and a meeting room and stuff like that..

lol... a good attempt to describe a professional services company in layman's terms.

aussie_
August 3rd, 2009, 19:17
Is part of Telephone still for sale?

Where is the previous pipe smoking owner?

dab69
August 5th, 2009, 04:42
Allieb,

and by the same logic, as long as you are driving legally, there won't be any trumped up driving agendas that suddenly surface that require money?

anakot
August 5th, 2009, 10:04
Is part of Telephone still for sale?

Where is the previous pipe smoking owner?

Yes please. I would like to know whether it sold or not.

Was at Balcony on Mon night and saw that Tele Bar and others including Balcony were bopping along. A very nice atmosphere in the Soi and a generally pleasant evening. BUT DID IT SELL and yes please all the juicy gossip about present owners is demanded.

GET BACK ON THE TOPIC PUHLEEZE! :cheers:

thrillbill
August 5th, 2009, 10:29

Was at Balcony on Mon night and saw that Tele Bar and others including Balcony were bopping along. A very nice atmosphere in the Soi and a generally pleasant evening. BUT DID IT SELL and yes please all the juicy gossip about present owners is demanded.

GET BACK ON THE TOPIC PUHLEEZE! :cheers:[/quote]

??? You've got any balls? Just walk in and ask Wayne for the details. If it bothers you that much, just go to the source instead of asking for legit info from this forum...

Wesley
August 5th, 2009, 22:52
Allieb,

Beware of Politicians and police that are too friendly in any country, things can get out of hand very quickly if they do not get their way if they are paid to be nice. Sooner of later they get busted too then everyone connected gets pulled into the mess. Certainly it was not free to operate in Kyrgyzstan and Russia was worse and even if the business is legitimate and the same Applies in the Philippines and I would assume in the USA considering how many politicians loose office or end up in jail all the time on ethics charges.

Wes

August 5th, 2009, 23:37
You ever wonder how when you do visa runs, you are able to walk past the 100's of people waiting in line to have their passports stamped, and you just go right to your hotel?

Sorry, I managed to understand most of the rest but this had me totally lost.

You do a visa run (presumably at the normal places such as Aranyaprathet or Pong Nam Lon (Poipet or Pailin)) and you walk straight past immigration (on both sides?) and "just go right to your hotel"???

What are you talking about?

anakot
August 9th, 2009, 07:30

??? You've got any balls? Just walk in and ask Wayne for the details. If it bothers you that much, just go to the source instead of asking for legit info from this forum...[/quote]

No need to yell pet.
No I haven't got any balls.... whatever. Presumably 'Wayney" is not going to gossip about himself!! LOVL

Still waiting for the gossip...

thrillbill
August 9th, 2009, 09:23

??? You've got any balls? Just walk in and ask Wayne for the details. If it bothers you that much, just go to the source instead of asking for legit info from this forum...

No need to yell pet.
No I haven't got any balls.... whatever. Presumably 'Wayney" is not going to gossip about himself!! LOVL

Still waiting for the gossip...[/quote]
************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
Sorry, I wasn't yelling (my comment is not all in caps). I chose large size font so you could read it easier.