PDA

View Full Version : Airfare specials...BKK to USA & USA to BKK...

travelerjim
May 25th, 2009, 07:02
In recent days there have been good air ...
and air/hotel package deals announced...

I have posted the links to them...
for those who may be interested...

NORTHWEST AIR BANGKOK TO USA...
WEST COAST AND NYC...and more...
http://www.nwa.com/th/en/home.html

http://nwa.com/th/en/deals/pm0428200904506.shtml

Specials to the U.S. from THB20,000

Celebrate the launch of Northwest Airlines'┬о and Delta Air Lines'┬о new service to New York (JFK)
and Salt Lake City with our fantastic fares to the U.S.

Book by June 21, 2009 and depart to New York (JFK) from June 4 to June 30 or to Salt Lake City
from June 3 to June 30, 2009. For travel to other cities, book by June 5 and depart by June 20, 2009.

Act now! Secure your seats and great savings today at nwa.com/th.
You can also call Northwest Reservations at 02-660-6900.

Roundtrip Economy Class Fare* travel from Bangkok to
Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland (OR)
THB20,000

Salt Lake City
THB26,500

Atlanta, Boston, Miami, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Cleveland, Minneapolis/St. Paul,
Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston & other U.S cities
THB28,000

New York (JFK)
THB32,400

* Fares do not include fuel surcharge, passenger facility charges or any applicable taxes.

Note that the Bangkok to USA airfares from Northwest Air/Delta
are 20,000 thai baht roundtrip + taxes...about 26,000 total to West Coast...
LAX,SFO,SAN, LAS and more...and you earn miles :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From Gate 1 Travel their package is a nice price...from LAX $799.00 plus taxes..
and with single it ccomes out at about $1,000 total for 5 nights in BKK and air round trip.

http://www.gate1travel.com/thedeal/0522 ... 2760e272f0 (http://www.gate1travel.com/thedeal/052209/bangkok.aspx?utm_source=thedeal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=090522&utm_campaign=bangkok&advid=bfb18a15-97a4-4d1f-b140-f72760e272f0)

Save with this 7 day / 5 night trip priced at over $100 less than the competition.
From only $799, you get flights, hotel, and breakfast daily, making this the best value on the market.

Package Includes
* Round trip flights LAX тАУ Bangkok
* Airline fuel surcharges
* 5 nights accommodations in your choice of hotels
* Breakfast daily

Either way....coming or going...
hope this helps you save some $$$ and Thai baht too!

tj

May 25th, 2009, 09:42
Just flew Vancouver - BKK on Air Canada/Thai. Surprised at the quality of service offered by Air Canada. Newly refurbished planes with good seating even in economy, excellent mix of crew, and reasonable food (2 meals served) albeit a bit small portion wise. So bring something extra along...who cares. Continual water, juice, coffee tea runs. Personal AVOD. Unfortunately as we were about 1 hour late leaving Vancouver, I missed the Thai connection and was transferred to dreadful United. The difference is night and day. United seating was the original padding on this 30 year old 747. Food absolutely inedible and only overhead monitors for viewing. They showed one old movie and 3 year old TV series. Flight attendants were pleasant. Only one drinks run, but when I did ask for water, it was delivered promptly. Can't imagine flying in one of these rust buckets from USA. I heard one guy say as he was entering the aircraft that this one seemed younger than the one they just got off. Horrifying. Having said that, we landed safe and sound in BKK. Air Canada's price all in was 1160 Canadian dollars from Vancouver. Certainly well worth the money. And Vancouver is a beautiful airport to depart from, with some really nice shopping.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 25th, 2009, 10:23
I'm always amazed by travelejim who with patience and goodwill brings us so many great travel tips , as opposed to say the whingers and moaners on here (like me) :joker:

I wish you would look a bit further South as well t'jim. I'm stuck temporarily in Orstralia and it seems there is no such thing as a cheap Syd/Melb/Brisbane to Bangkok fare or deal. Even in these straightened times where you can travel between many of the cities here at whay must be cost price, the Bangkok fares just will not budge..downwards.