PDA

View Full Version : Smart Relaxation Pattaya

Surfcrest
April 3rd, 2006, 21:34
Smart Relaxation
2nd Road Pattaya -Just north of South Road

I've always indulged in massages everytime I travel to Thailand. Why not, they are a fraction of the price in Thailand than they are at home.
So far I've found most massages to be okay, both here and at home but nothing really special.
I'm referring to full body massages, not foot massages.
I've has some amazing foot massages in Bangkok at Silom Massage and Reflexology.

The exception to that has been the two massages that I have had at Smart Relaxation in Pattaya. After studying the menu, I choose the "Sports Massage" and stuck with it on my subsequent visit.

Spending time jogging, at the gym or even on the computer (with Sawatdee) can make you pretty sore.
All of the masseurs at Smart Relaxation are fully trained and two employees can do the 90 minute Sports Massage.
Being quite different than a Thai massage (although some principals are applied) they quickly find the problem areas (where ever they may be) and begin to work on them. The masseur that I had was a woman (they asked me at the front if I was okay with that at the beginning). Having had surgery several times I was worried about the type of work she was going to do and whether a woman could do a massage as strong as I liked. I never knew I had so many knots to work out, nor did I dream how much a massage of this caliber would improve sleep and posture.

As I said before, it was by far the best (and I am not talking about happy ending massages) although I will say a few things later about the various places that I have tried out in that category, but later.

The first time price is 700 baht.
Compared to a 350 baht beach massage this is pretty expensive, paying double for the higher caliber work is definitely worth it.
Second visits are cheaper, for some reason.
The place has a very nice entrance off 2nd Road and there are a few cute boys out fron waiting for customers.
Don't let this throw you, it is not a sexual massage.
It is truly worth the extra baht, especially if you are nursing some serious aches and pains and don't want these spoiling your time in Thailand.

Surfcrest