PDA

View Full Version : Eurostar Hotel Jomtien

May 22nd, 2009, 19:11
Planning to spend some days in Pattaya on my next trip (will be first time visite to Pattaya for me).

Checking around and see that Eurostar Hotel in Jomtien looks ncie and have a good rate, anyone stayed there? Is it far away from the gaybeach and and the bar-area of Jomtien?

Is it good choise to stay in Jomtien compared to South Pattaya. Im not so much into Go-Go bars, prefer beerbars and that kind of places, or meet boys at the beach during daytime.

RichLB
May 22nd, 2009, 22:07
I've not stayed at the Eurostar, but eaten in the restaurant several times - the food is really good. As per your stated interests i think you'll find it idea (I don't know the pricing structure though). It's located about a 3 minute wald to the path leading to the gay beach and is a 10 minute wald to the Jomtien Comples where there are several beer bars. And, it's right on the baht bus route if you want to take a 15 minute ride to Boyztown or Sunee Plaza. It's not gay, but in Pattaya I don't think that matters much. Enjoy your stay.

May 22nd, 2009, 22:59
It's located about a 3 minute wald to the path leading to the gay beach and is a 10 minute wald to the Jomtien Comples where there are several beer bars.

Is that walk or waddle?

May 22nd, 2009, 23:49
The restaurant is nice and the food is good, but at tourist prices

atri1666
May 25th, 2009, 01:33
I stayed there some years ago. It was very basic but gayfriendly. Now the prices have been going up after renovation. During my stay i paid 1100 baht/night for the best room incl. breakfast.
Have a look here http://www.hotel-pattaya.at/english.html
The owner is a very rich man from Austria married with a thai woman.

krobbie
May 25th, 2009, 02:27
The place looks pretty good now. It seems to be well situated in Jomtiem and has a good size swimming pool. The rooms are done tastefully and solidly by the look of the furniture and the promotional price of the Superior Room (BHT1200) seems pretty good. Not sure I would want to pay 1700 but in high season they are bound to bve full anyway.

If the owner is Austrian a would assume that a lot of their clientele is from the EU, so at least you could look forward to a decent breakfast (although not included in the tariff).

Cheers
krobbie