PDA

View Full Version : Tailors?

May 21st, 2009, 00:54
Can anyone recommend a good tailor in BKK or Pattaya?

I would like some walking trousers made, with zip off legs, several pockets to take cameras & so on, a zip up wallet pocket & a "secure" pocket on the inside.
I have an off the shelf pair that come close to my spec, but can't find a similar pair & if there's a tailor who can follow instructions & do a good job, then I could commission 2~3 pairs.

jinks
May 21st, 2009, 02:22
I have an off the shelf pair that come close to my spec,

Take them to most tailor shops and have copies made, altered to your instructions.

krobbie
May 21st, 2009, 02:36

I would like some walking trousers made, with zip off legs, several pockets to take cameras & so on, a zip up wallet pocket & a "secure" pocket on the inside.
I have an off the shelf pair that come close to my spec, but can't find a similar pair & if there's a tailor who can follow instructions & do a good job, then I could commission 2~3 pairs.

There is a very good tailor, REX the Tailor, in South Sathorn on the same side of the street and about about 65 meters up the road from Robinson's but leading away from the BTS. I can't find the business card but they have made a couple of suits and several pair of trousers for me over the last few years. Also I got 2 white work shirts made for my guy as the off the rack crap at Robinson's were expensive and a bad fit. The shirts they made for me were of the highest quality and the fit was outstanding.

If you have a pair of trousers or a picture of the sort of thing you need, all the better. I bargain hard with these people by the way.

Cheers
krobbie

TOQ
May 21st, 2009, 08:29
If you are in Pattaya you might try Amigo tailor. They are on Soi Diamond half way down or the right. I have used them for years and been quite happy with the service.

john

lo-so
May 21st, 2009, 10:57
Not the quickest nor the cheapest but great long wearing quality is Rajawonse Tailore next to the landmark Hotel.

http://www.dress-for-success.com/

A rather amusing article in USATODAY on those who use this tailors including President Bush (older).

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004 ... ilor_x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-07-19-tailor_x.htm)

I have used them for the past 7 years and found their work great value for money. I have no connection to this business except as a satisfied customer.

May 21st, 2009, 13:20
Those sure sound like some snazzy pants, z909.

May 23rd, 2009, 03:34
Those sure sound like some snazzy pants, z909.

I formed the opinion they were some sort of fetishwear, what with all the zips and secret compartments.

:cheers:

May 23rd, 2009, 11:10
My bf has a good local Thai lesbian friend who has her own small shop that I recommend. She has made shirts and jackets for me. If you are interested, PM me and I can give you exact details to find her shop (in Tukcom area in Pattaya).

May 23rd, 2009, 15:59
[quote="Beach Bunny":1x8e6yux]Those sure sound like some snazzy pants, z909.
I formed the opinion they were some sort of fetishwear, what with all the zips and secret compartments.
:cheers:[/quote:1x8e6yux]

A zip up pocket discourages pickpockets, or at least makes the job of stealing your wallet more difficult.
Add a couple more pockets for passport, phone, camera & sunglasses & there's no need to carry a bag.
Zip off lower legs mean one less pair of shorts in the luggage & the pi├иce de r├йsistance would be a hidden pocket for when one arrives on holiday with about ┬г1500 in cash.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Trousers (http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/Gear-Reviews/Search-Results/?N=197+594+660)

May 24th, 2009, 05:16
Add a couple more pockets for passport, phone, camera & sunglasses & there's no need to carry a bag.

I'm looking into that style of pants (http://www.rei.com/product/771214) as well. The high-end backpacking/travel clothes are a lot more expensive than I normally buy but the appeal is durability and packing much lighter.

May 25th, 2009, 03:03

I'm looking into that style of pants (http://www.rei.com/product/771214) as well. The high-end backpacking/travel clothes are a lot more expensive than I normally buy but the appeal is durability and packing much lighter.

Those TROUSERS are the type of thing, but the upper pockets are too loose & accessible for pickpockets, hence the need for a zip. A couple more pockets would be good too & I prefer black.
I bought (almost) exactly what I wanted at Tescos in Bratislava, but they only had one pair in my size & I haven't seen the same product in their UK or Thai stores.

You are right about the light weight being an advantage too. Maybe a few others might cotton onto the idea?

ceejay
May 25th, 2009, 04:01
A|s it happens, I will be in the market for something similar later in the year, so I haven't looked to hard yet. Is this the sort opf thing:

http://www.craghoppers.com/webapp/wcs/s ... 2675_11051 (http://www.craghoppers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_13552_-1_32675_11051)

Seems to have everything you want except black (dark navy will have to do) and not clear about an inside pocket. Let me know if you find something better, please.

allieb
May 25th, 2009, 12:51

Thinking of changing from shirtlifting to shoplifting LOL

May 26th, 2009, 08:52
Those TROUSERS are the type of thing

In the States only senior citizens use that word. I think I'll stick with pants. ;)

May 26th, 2009, 08:53

In the States only senior citizens use that word. I think I'll stick with pants. ;)

In the rest of the English-speaking world, that is what a dog does when it's out of breath.

quiet1
May 26th, 2009, 09:42
Those TROUSERS are the type of thingIn the States only senior citizens use that word. I think I'll stick with pants. ;)In the rest of the English-speaking world, that is what a dog does when it's out of breath.
And then there's always "slacks"...

giggsy
May 26th, 2009, 11:22
and us up in t'north of england call them " kecks "

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 26th, 2009, 16:33
personally I recommend Classic Tailors..just can't quite remember which Soi but as you head towards Boyztown.

If in doubt enquire at the Pattaya Mail newspaper as the owners of both enterprises are brothers.

I know quite a few people who regularly shop there and they keep your details on file and you can order over the net when abroad.

A good friend..a judge in the north of England gets his suits made there and looks remarkably resplendid according to friends in chambers...O'Booze gets a suit made there when appearing in front of M'Lud on the usual mis-understanding.

May 27th, 2009, 00:20

When speaking authentic English, pants are only worn underneath the trousers.

kittyboy
May 27th, 2009, 00:50

When speaking authentic English, pants are only worn underneath the trousers.

I suspect my fellow countrymen will be greatly disapointed to learn that they are un-authentic english speaker.
Here is the entry from the OED.

orig. U.S.
1. a. Originally (colloq.): pantaloons. Later: trousers of any kind (in early use applied to men's trousers, but in the 20th cent. extended to include those worn by both men and women).
Chiefly N. Amer. and S. Afr., except in the names of particular styles of trousers, as loon, hot pants, etc.: see the first element.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know a decent tailor in pattaya or BKK that takes orders over the internet for womens clothing?
No I do not have cross dressing tendencies...It turns out a friend of mine...No really... a male friend of mine is a cross dresser and he can not find things to fit at regular stores. I suggested that he have stuff tailor made overseas...eg thailand. Any suggestions on tailors that have websites where he could order his party frocks and assorted ball gowns would be appreciated as I refuse to accompany him on his nights out when he dresses like an old wash woman. If I am going out on the town with a cross dresser... I want an elegant evening... no sex please.

krobbie
May 27th, 2009, 02:21
personally I recommend Classic Tailors..just can't quite remember which Soi but as you head towards Boyztown.

If in doubt enquire at the Pattaya Mail newspaper as the owners of both enterprises are brothers.

I know quite a few people who regularly shop there and they keep your details on file and you can order over the net when abroad.

A good friend..a judge in the north of England gets his suits made there and looks remarkably resplendid according to friends in chambers...O'Booze gets a suit made there when appearing in front of M'Lud on the usual mis-understanding.

Oh dear, Lunch .... you can't possibly mean ... drunk and disorderly?
Such a nice man until until that second bottle of wine.

Cheeeeersh,
krobbie