PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya May/June

gerefan2
May 21st, 2009, 00:45
Thinking of a month in Pattaya in May/June...
Is it empty of tourists and boys? Will I be sitting alone (no tourists) in Sunnee/Boystown? I know what boys there are will be all over me (!)
Are the bars and restaurants quiet?
Thanks for any input.
Been to other places in the Off Season and sometimes a bit of a let down!
G2

vnman
May 21st, 2009, 17:16
According to some friends in Pattaya there are many boys but no farang.

May 21st, 2009, 17:52
Yes, Pattaya is quiet. Hardly surprising as official figures show that tourism in Thailand for the first 4 months of 2009 was down by a remarkable 50% on the same period last year. But do come: there was never a better opportunity to meet some new Thai friends at bargain prices. Also the Russians have mostly gone, and so have those ghastly groups of Japanese tourists who used to infest Boystown photographing all the supposed deviant freaks sipping their evening cocktails.

May 21st, 2009, 19:16
...but remember, they put the prices up when tourism is down, that's the way the Thais work!!

May 24th, 2009, 05:40
Generally speaking, this is a slow time in Pattaya. April which is supposed to be busy because of Songkran, suffered this year with the cancellation of activities due to political problems.

The season does not start to kick back into full blast until Aug./Sep. So if you are looking for better rates on hotels, and a more abundant variety, May and June are a great time to come. Even though the rains kick up a bit more this time of year.

Some people do raise their prices in the mentality of making up for the off season, but you will find more often then not, the prices will be no different then that of the beginning of high season.