PDA

View Full Version : My visit to the Venue

May 20th, 2009, 07:59
Went to the Venue last night - we arrived at 9:20 to see the show. Here is my own personal rating for this new joint (on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best):

1. The Bar (Decor) - 7
Good size, modern, tastefully done with AC and Ceiling Fans inside and lots of fans outside. The supporting collumn in the middle of the stage is very distracting.

2. The Staff (Waiters) - 3
Could use a few good looking ones

3. Drink prices - 8
Very Reasonable - Soft drinks (50 - 60 baht), Beer (60 - 70 baht), Coctails (110 baht)

4. The Show - 2
The 9:30 show did not start until 9:50 :pale: - I saw one farang reminding the waiter and the owner (?) about the show being late. The show itself was awful. The dancers were not in sink, not enthusiastic, not good looking, and just plain boring. The farang who sang at the end... hmmm hated it :shaking:

Hope they'll improve the quality of the staff, the dancers and the show before the Grand Opening in June. :salute:

May 20th, 2009, 08:17
Surely you were in the wrong place...that could not be the "All Star Cabaret and Show Bar".

May 20th, 2009, 08:28
Surely you were in the wrong place...that could not be the "All Star Cabaret and Show Bar".

Nope... we both only had one drink each so we were sober when when we watched the show - we were at the Venue all right :clown:

BTW where is "All Star Cabaret and Show Bar" - maybe we go there tonight and will give you our report tomorrow :geek:

Patexpat
May 20th, 2009, 11:03
Each to their own I guess, but I simply don't recognise the show and staff that I have seen from the description you gave it - but then again the dancers weren't dancing in sinks when I saw the show too ... :compress:

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 20th, 2009, 11:06
Went to the Venue last night - we arrived at 9:20 to see the show. Here is my own personal rating for this new joint (on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best):

1. The Bar (Decor) - 7
Good size, modern, tastefully done with AC and Ceiling Fans inside and lots of fans outside. The supporting collumn in the middle of the stage is very distracting.

2. The Staff (Waiters) - 3
Could use a few good looking ones

3. Drink prices - 8
Very Reasonable - Soft drinks (50 - 60 baht), Beer (60 - 70 baht), Coctails (110 baht)

4. The Show - 2
The 9:30 show did not start until 9:50 :pale: - I saw one farang reminding the waiter and the owner (?) about the show being late. The show itself was awful. The dancers were not in sink, not enthusiastic, not good looking, and just plain boring. The farang who sang at the end... hmmm hated it :shaking:

Hope they'll improve the quality of the staff, the dancers and the show before the Grand Opening in June. :salute:

overall..a well balanced review that makes some good points..but..

# where they fans as in fans or those whirling things hanging from the ceiling ?

# that pillar has always been there and I can assure you, it holds up the building. Better there than not at all.

# 9.30 show staring at 9.50 ?..was that farang in a hurry and had somewhere else to go ?

# "The dancers were not in sink,"..hopefully not..better on stage than a small kitchen sink.

# who was the singer ?

# drink prices sound pretty damn reasonable

zinzone
May 20th, 2009, 11:10
Many thanks to khorthudkrup for your review which actually reads like you are giving us an independant and fair idea about the place.
Will save a lot of us the bother of going there, so grateful for that!

May 20th, 2009, 11:23
I hope the opinion I gave will be seen as a constructive criticism of this new Place - I believe there's room for improvement and (I believe) the management is trying hard so maybe given time, they will pull it off. Many people will come and check the Venue for themselves for the first time - and "First Impressions" are crucial. :cheers:

blueboy
May 20th, 2009, 12:19
I agree with you on the show time. There is nothing more anoying than being told a show is at such a time when it isn't. Boyz Boyz and Wild West always seem to start theirs on time and that is good as I can plan my evening.
The first couple of times I went to The venue, it was also late - I had on both occasions rushed my dinner a bit to be there for 9.30 so it was disapointing hanging around for 15-20 mins or so.
Hopefully, they will stick to the times they advertise, I think it would help them and their customers.

Patexpat
May 20th, 2009, 12:51
yes, must agree here .. lets stick to using Farang time not Thai time !!

May 21st, 2009, 16:47
I agree with you on the show time. There is nothing more anoying than being told a show is at such a time when it isn't. Boyz Boyz and Wild West always seem to start theirs on time and that is good as I can plan my evening.
The first couple of times I went to The venue, it was also late - I had on both occasions rushed my dinner a bit to be there for 9.30 so it was disapointing hanging around for 15-20 mins or so.
Hopefully, they will stick to the times they advertise, I think it would help them and their customers.

Yes, I agree also, if you advertise a start time for a show, then it should start on time, barring any disasters, on the occasions I have been in Copa Showbar, which has 3 shows nightly, or BBB, they have always started promptly, maybe they need a new clock?