PDA

View Full Version : DONT STEAL A SOUVENIR FROM LOS

gra46
May 19th, 2009, 18:14
An Australian mother-of-four facing five years in a Thai jail for allegedly stealing a bar mat has accused police of targeting her because she was with a group of women.
Annice Smoel spent four nights in a cramped jail cell in Phuket with three other inmates and feels "scared, helpless and alone" after being detained for what she says was a practical joke pulled by her friends.
A holiday in Phuket for her mother's 60th birthday turned into a nightmare on May 2 when she was at the popular Aussie Bar where she says two friends put the bar mat in her handbag.
Undercover police arrested the Melbourne woman and charged her with "night time theft", an offence that carries a higher punishment than day time theft.
Smoel, 36, was bailed after four days in jail but might have to wait 14 weeks in Thailand before she appears in court.
If found guilty, she could face between two and five years in jail.
Talking to reporters in a phone hook up from Phuket, Smoel, from Montrose in Melbourne's east, broke down.
"It's totally unbelievable," she told reporters.
When asked how she was coping away from her daughters Zhian, 12, Daisy, 11, Zoe, eight and Lilly, six, she started crying.
"I just want to come home to my kids. They're terrified and they are scared," she said.
"I really want to be a good mum."
She has missed a daughter's appendix operation, another's birthday and Mother's Day.
She pleaded with the Australian government for help.
"You've got to help me. I haven't done anything, it was all just a set up and a crock," she said.
She believes the only reason the incident has got to this stage is because "we were women on our own".
She says it wouldn't have escalated if there were men with the group.
But the owner of the Aussie Bar, Steve Wood, believes Smoel had been abusive toward the undercover police who had stopped her in the bar.
"When they talked to her all they wanted to do was chastise her, and they usually let you go. But she did a runner on them ... The police had to chase her down the beach," Mr Wood told Fairfax Radio Network.
"When they took her back to the police station, she continued to abuse everyone at the police station including the chief of police and I think this is what the problem is."
Police even refused bribes from Smoel, telling her she must report in every fortnight for the next 14 weeks.
"We offered them money right from the start, because we knew that's the way the system works over here and they wouldn't take it," Ms Smoel said.
Her husband Darren rushed to Thailand from Melbourne after her arrest.
He described the situation as a "complete joke" and told the government to "sort it out".
"I'm not leaving here without her, it's as simple as that," he told reporters via phone link.
"Nobody's putting my wife in jail, I'll tell you that. I will do whatever I have to do to get her out of here."
Lawyer Bernard Murphy said he didn't believe a crime had been committed.
"Let's take the worst view that it was a drunken souveniring of a bar mat: deport her, charge her, get her home, no issue," Mr Murphy told reporters.
"To date we are getting nowhere. It is a really important test for the department of foreign affairs and the minister, Stephen Smith, to take steps and intervene and fix this problem."
He said that if Smoel was an American, "she'd already be home".
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has expressed sympathy about the plight of the Melbourne woman.
Mr Rudd was reminded of his own infamous alcohol-affected night at a strip club in New York, by an interviewer on Melbourne radio.
"I think we're all human, and we all make mistakes, and I'm one of them," he said.
Mr Rudd said Australian officials in Thailand were doing everything practicable about the case of Annice Smoel.
"We also deal directly with the Thai authorities as well, to make sure that everything that can be done is being done," he told radio 3AW.

May 19th, 2009, 19:31
Does not the owner of the bar mat have to press charges? I assume the owner of the bar mat would be Steve Wood, owner of Aussie Bar. Certainly a fellow Australian sees how ridiculous this incident is?

May 19th, 2009, 19:57
"When they took her back to the police station, she continued to abuse everyone at the police station including the chief of police and I think this is what the problem is."

And let this be a lesson to all other loud-mouthed, abusive, drunken, trouble-making farang who think they can behave like yobbos in someone else's country.
It does not surprise me that it was an Australian who is at the center of this; most Australians I have met in Thailand cannot appreciate that they are in a different culture that does not appreciate their high volume antics and drunken, abusive behaviour.
That said, it's not only the Australians but they do seem to have more than their fair share of drunken louts per head of population.

gra46
May 19th, 2009, 20:57

And let this be a lesson to all other loud-mouthed, abusive, drunken, trouble-making farang who think they can behave like yobbos in someone else's country.
It does not surprise me that it was an Australian who is at the center of this; most Australians I have met in Thailand cannot appreciate that they are in a different culture that does not appreciate their high volume antics and drunken, abusive behaviour.
That said, it's not only the Australians but they do seem to have more than their fair share of drunken louts per head of population.
And where would you be from?

lo-so
May 19th, 2009, 22:14
She caused a loss of face and this is the pay back. The husband saying that he will not allow anyone to jail his wife is most ill advised - unless he is playing a game of double bluff and hoping to see her incarcerated for some length of time. One would have thought that the Australian authorities would have counseled against such inflammatory remarks. The slip from Thailand as a Disneyland to Dante's Inferno is all too apparent to those with experience of this land.

In vino veritas

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 19th, 2009, 23:33
certainly I agree with lo-so when he say " In vino veritas' but my opinion...the owner of the Aussie Bar is a real CUNT.

We all know Thailand can be filled with obnoxius drunks from everywhere..Germany, the UK, Australia and yes..even Belgium !

But let's be a bit real here..getting drunk..although quite annoying for some..is a very Western attribute.

Thailand is a holiday destination and when people go on holiday they behave differently. They let their hair down..hell..they even get drunk. Bizarrley...I believe anyone who owns a bar called AUSSIE BAR knows that it will
attract Aussies and they will imbibe in alcohol (which I am reliably informed is a national pastime in the land of Lonely Wombat). Indeed..if the owner of the fucking AUSSIE BAR allowed patrons to get so drunk that they mis-behaved, he shares responsibilty. I've read too much nonsense about this story where nincompoops refer to "Thai " standards.

Well fuck that..if someone runs a bar called the AUSSIE BAR the arsehole has no right to rabbit on about "Thai" standards.

However..,.Thai nationals..as we all know are extremely pleasant people and why the hell should some Thai cops be abused by a drunk Aussie lady ?

But lets get real here...allowing someone...anyone..to get caught up in the Thai legal system just isn't like it will be back in their homeland. I've read to many creeps claiming that Thailand is a gentle country and etc etc blah blah as though that should somehow mean a drunk lady should be banged up in jail and bugger the consequences.

As far as I can read..this lady got a bit pissed..her friends played a prank and the lady in question may have given some lip to some Thai cops. Unwarranted..absolutely !.

But the penalty will be way out of proportion. Some very nasty peple..and I've read the Aussie newspapers , are saying she got what she deserves. I don't think so.

So my conclusion is..don't ever go to a bar run by some Aussie cunt called the AUSSIE BAR !

What sort of fuckwit ensures that a patron..even if they did nick one of his fuckin hideous bar mats allows the patron to go to jail ?

So I reckon the bar owner is a CUNT (and I've been too many Thai bars where something similar has happened and the owners would far prefer to smooth things over rather than lose customers.)

For tourism..this IS a disaster, What no-one is picking up here is that a frigging Westerner bar owner has created a fucking tourism disaster.

over to you ...

prove me wrong.

colmx
May 20th, 2009, 01:22
Excuse my igmorance... But what on earth is a Bar mat?

We Irish invented the pubs(before the Brits made us shut them down!) and i've never heard of one!

I've heard of a Beer mat, and a door mat,
Or a Bar man or bar stool... but never a bar Mat!

krobbie
May 20th, 2009, 02:53
Generally a bar mat is is of toweling or these days may be synthetic. They are placed on the bar to help eliminate spillage sitting on the serving surface. They generally have some alcohol related advertising or logo on them and are gifted to the bars by a brewery as an advertising gimmick.

I hope that helps.

krobbie

[attachment=0:19qr1c20]mainimage_service_promo.jpg[/attachment:19qr1c20]

colmx
May 20th, 2009, 03:07
Ah its what we refer to as those "stupid towels" on the bars of Ozzie and British pubs!
No Irish Barman or beer drinker would spill a drop of alcohol... No spillage = No need for the towels!

Bob
May 20th, 2009, 05:32

Regardless of the stupidity of the woman and/or her friends, the notion that one could get a minimum of 2 years in prison for stealing a bar mat is the real story here. If true, Thailand (governmentally) is nothing more than a banana republic.

thrillbill
May 20th, 2009, 05:56
I'm sure this group of partying Auzies spent some good cash at the bar while getting drunk. Seems like the manager did stop them. It was a practical joke, not worth going to jail for. All this will do is create more negativity about coming to Thailand. (by the way, I should be going to jail, I stole a bar beer coaster once in Bangkok)

gra46
May 20th, 2009, 06:30
I'm sure this group of partying Auzies spent some good cash at the bar while getting drunk. Seems like the manager did stop them. It was a practical joke, not worth going to jail for. All this will do is create more negativity about coming to Thailand. (by the way, I should be going to jail, I stole a bar beer coaster once in Bangkok)

I dont think it a joke the bar mat had Aussie Bar Patong Beach on it,
so she taken it for a souvenir ,but to lock her up for 4 days and then make her stay to face court (4 Weeks )
is the joke here !!!!
I USE to drink at The AUSSIE BAR before going to Paradise
I agree with O'Booze the owner is a real CUNT and wont be seeing many Aussies at this bar
Steve Wood the owner has had many phone calls saying they wont return as it now been proven he complained ..
To me he making the trouble HERE
AND HE STATES SHE GET THE SAME TREATMENT IN AUSTRALIA what a fucking JOKE thie STEVE WOOD IS !!!!!!!!
this is the latest :

The owner of the Thai bar where a Melbourne woman allegedly stole a bar mat says he has no sympathy for the mother-of-four, who faces up to five years in a Thailand prison.
Australian expat Steve Wood, proprietor of the Aussie Bar in Phuket, disputes Annice Smoel's claim that she was an innocent victim of a prank.
"I'm getting all the calls saying they people are not going to come to the Aussie Bar because we've done wrong by her," Mr Wood told TODAY.
"But as far as I'm concerned, she has come into my place, she's stolen from me, the police have caught her, she's done a runner from police.
"If she did this back in Australia, the same thing would happen."
The bar owner also said the Melbourne mother ran away from police but claims he had nothing to with charges being laid.
Thai police, meanwhile, said Ms Smoel was drunk and abusive.
"She was very rude to the two police, but they didn't properly understand what she was saying," the Herald Sun reported Lt-Maj Jongseam Preecha as saying.
"They brought her to me, and she was very loud."
A lawyer representing Ms Smoel disputed Mr Wood's claims, saying that she was initially allowed to leave the bar before she was stopped again by police down the street after she had began to run through the rain.
"No, of course she didn't [do a runner] and, you know, of course he would say that," Melbourne lawyer Bernard Murphy said on TODAY.
"He is the fellow behind the entire charging."
Mr Murphy says two other women have confessed to committing the offence but his client remains behind bars.
"We're hopeful that the Thai authorities will sit up and listen and understand that their behaviour to date has been completely ridiculous," he said.
"To lock up this Melbourne mother for ... 18 days for the theft of a bar mat which other people have admitted doing is simply crazy."
Ms Smoel was holidaying on the island to celebrate her motherтАЩs 60th birthday. She faces up to five years jail for the crime of "night time theft", which carries a heavier penalty than theft during the day.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2009, 06:55
I suppose half truths make more interesting reading

The bar mat was worth $80 which makes it over 2000 baht
After arguing with undercover police in the bar she did a runner.
Police chased he and when they caught her she abused the police at length and demanded to be taken to their superior officer.
At the police station she long and loudly abused the officer in charge.

Here is a quote from todays largest selling newspaper

But two factors need adding to this story of Australians betrayed. The bar mat, for a start, was no mere coaster but a $60 souvenir, and when police questioned Smoel she did a runner.

Second, one of the Aussie Bar's owners, Steve Wood, says Smoel made an even bigger mistake when she was taken to the Patong police station: she "verbally abused" the police chief.

A local tourism publication, Phuketwan, yesterday claimed the same: "Phuketwan has been told that Ms Smoel 'went ballistic' at the time of the incident, abusing officers all the way up to the local chief of police . . .

"While bad language and anger are tolerated these days in many Western countries, they are not condoned in Thailand and usually only compound the problem for any tourist in trouble."

I don't know what was said. But I do know it's a mistake to think that us now berating Thai officials is the best way to help Smoel get out of a trouble allegedly caused by berating Thai officials.

gra46
May 20th, 2009, 07:51
So what she stole a mat worth $60 thats 1500 baht i hate to see the treatment if she stole the till there

So what she abuse the police there ...If it was the KING i would understand

Wombrat do you drink or you still trying to get in MRS PRISSY PANTS
YOU get abused here and i steal your pride so i go directly to Jail do not pass go and do not collect $200

Go the Aussie Bar and suck that Aussie Bar owner you OLD CUNT

OH BY THE WAY CORRECT YOUR COMENT "THE LARGEST SELLING NEWSPAPER" IS NOT IN AUSTRALIA

May 20th, 2009, 08:24
Somehow I think the the response would be different had a barboy fished 2,000 baht out of a FOQ's pocket. Or had a katoey streetwalker stolen your $50 watch.

Put. The. Bitch. In. Jail.

You don't go free because you're a foreigner or a mother.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2009, 08:57
I am not sure what happened to my reply, but I tried to edit my post and I find the buttons for quote and edit do not
appear to be here any more. The report I quoted was from the Melbourne Herald sun The longer this goes on the
more it becomes apparent that some drunken sods believe they are above the law in LOS and they should be free do abuse police officers doing their duty, do a runner and when detained, demand to be taken to the presence of the senior officer and then abuse him.
What a loser and what losers are her supporters.
The childish comments of Miss Prissy Pants only put into perspective the post.
Gra46 why are so abusive on this forum when you post to TingTong, you appear to have different standards.

giggsy
May 20th, 2009, 09:57
Surely the real question here should be "should Australians be allowed to travel outside Australia" .They even make Russians look cultured and sober..I mean what do you call an Aussie with half a brain ? Gifted !

gra46
May 20th, 2009, 10:28
I am not sure what happened to my reply, but I tried to edit my post and I find the buttons for quote and edit do not
appear to be here any more. The report I quoted was from the Melbourne Herald sun The longer this goes on the
more it becomes apparent that some drunken sods believe they are above the law in LOS and they should be free do abuse police officers doing their duty, do a runner and when detained, demand to be taken to the presence of the senior officer and then abuse him.
What a loser and what losers are her supporters.
The childish comments of Miss Prissy Pants only put into perspective the post.
Gra46 why are so abusive on this forum when you post to TingTong, you appear to have different standards.

Have you been sneaking into TT again ? Abusive go the teacher you lay the shit i return it ,getting that old losing the gifted half brain you once had ...

My point of missy Prissy is when it suits you you will go sucking thats all ...
Back to the post MOST of us drink and get drunk we make a mistake sure cop it on the chin ,but what they done to her is tha JOKE

Giggsy you jealous we got half a brain ,im sorry they dont have a third of one where you from
Fancy labelling an Australian to allow them out
Hide where you from ,blighty can be anywhere
i know you walk alone ,should join Wombrat he states LONELY

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 20th, 2009, 10:41
I don't agree Lonely Wombat and Beach Bunny (and I'm feeling more mellow today after a nice lunch)

You are quoting from a Melbourne newspaper Wombat but as someone who has been in and out of the media business for years I've learnt to never take a newspaper report at face value. Nor can one really accept either side's version unless there are witnesses to back up their tale.

We do have agreement though that a bar mat was nicked..reputedly worth some money (I'd actually dispute it's value but that's beside the point).

I thinkthe owner of Aussie Bar is a pretty bad businessman to allow the matter to have gone so far and I reckon he's just wrecked his business for good.

The very name means he is aiming towards a certain clientelle and I know Aussies well enough to know they will avoid his bar at all costs.

I've walked out of a bar a few times in Sunnee & Boyztown and forgotten to pay the bill...to be confronted by a Thai waiter who is always pleasant and questioning why I left..I pay up and tip large and there is never unpleasantness because quite obviously they want your custom again.and they get it from me. Everyone's a winner.

In this case..no-one wins. The bar owner can tell his story until the cows come home but the cusomers won't go to is bar.

The Thai police will just do their job.

You are right Wombat that this woman would be charged in her home country but she would have been released on bail after a few hours and ultimately probably be fined or receive a good behaviour bond.

Thailand is selling itself as a tourist destination and it's a fabulous one..not just for gays but families and such. But there has to be some give and take.

People should always strive to respect local customs but we aren't perfect..we make mistakes.I've had to pull myself up at times arguing with a Thai lad when it dawns upon me I'm being more insulting to his nature rather than whatever the subject is.
Smooth it over and make-up and everyone stays happy.
I've restrained myself during Songkran when a drunken German dumps a bucket of water over me.

But times are hard everywhere at present and tourism is plumeting around the world..people are choosing to stay home at present so every tourist dollar counts.

The Thais are simply doing what they always will do once the cops get involved..that is the same everywhere.

But whatever one's moral viewpoint on the matter..it's a publicity disaster for Thai tourism and let's face it..caused by the woman , her friends and a bar owner who kept taking their cash to get them plastered.
I'd say he's probaly losing more money by the hour than any bar mat is worth.

In the end..smoothing the matter over is far more Thai than this rather agressive sounding Ausie bar owner's actions .

giggsy
May 20th, 2009, 10:55
..I mean what do you call an Aussie with half a brain ? Gifted !

getting that old losing the gifted half brain you once had ...

from the horses mouth comes to mind !

MARK
May 20th, 2009, 11:03
Does not the owner of the bar mat have to press charges? I assume the owner of the bar mat would be Steve Wood, owner of Aussie Bar. Certainly a fellow Australian sees how ridiculous this incident is?
Yes the owner of the stolen property or aggrieved party must make a written complaint at a police station.

a447
May 20th, 2009, 15:50
love_child:

most Australians I have met in Thailand is NOT the same as saying "most Australians in Thailand" and that makes a HUGE difference. Yours is simply an uneducated opinion about Aussies and you have failed to provide any evidence in support of that opinion. Please provide us with the statistics to back up your opinion. There are 23 million of us. How many have you met in Thailand, and what percentage of the population would that be? Enough to make a general statement???

they do seem to have more than their fair share of drunken louts per head of population.
See above.

Giggsy:
They even make Russians look cultured and sober..
See above!

And wouldn't it be a cruel irony if she turned out to be a whingeing pom!

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 20th, 2009, 16:24
It's over..she's free and as usual, old Lunchtime is proved to be correct and always right and first with the news

..from my spy disguised as a judge's gravel :

Fined approx 7000 baht and released with passport handed back. Such a fast movement in a Thai court shows authorities perceived correctly that this was a diplomatic and tourism disaster and they have moved quickly to quell and limit the damage. (plus my insider's knowledge that diplomats were working overtime to solve this)

It also shows..despite the negative remarks about Aussies, Thailand is anxious not to lose a valuable tourist market.

Personally, I reckon the Aussie Bar owner should have been fined for flogging the most hideous bar mats ever seen !

However if he has any brains he wil turn this to his advantage but not one person spotted his rediculous mistakes which he compounded as the farce unfolded.

Not only did he over-reeact but he then proceded to announce to the world's media..in an atempt to shift blame from himself..to insult the Thai police and imply that they would be so petty as to charge the woman for being rude to them.

May 20th, 2009, 19:15
love_child:

most Australians I have met in Thailand is NOT the same as saying "most Australians in Thailand" and that makes a HUGE difference. Yours is simply an uneducated opinion about Aussies and you have failed to provide any evidence in support of that opinion. Please provide us with the statistics to back up your opinion. There are 23 million of us. How many have you met in Thailand, and what percentage of the population would that be? Enough to make a general statement???

Granted Mr. Rolf Harris,the TV personality, appears to be a nice chap but I am hard pressed to think of any others who do not fall into the unnecessarily loud and gratuitously vulgar category.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 20th, 2009, 21:15
love_child:

Granted Mr. Rolf Harris,the TV personality, appears to be a nice chap but I am hard pressed to think of any others who do not fall into the unnecessarily loud and gratuitously vulgar category.

you should get out more..Dame Joan Sutherland, Russell Crowe, Rachel Griffith, Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman etc etc :thumbleft:

Bob
May 20th, 2009, 21:17
As a follow-up to this story, the woman pleaded to something, received and paid a 1000 baht fine, and is in the process of collecting her passport and leaving the country. She apparently elected this route so she could get out of the country and get back to her three young kids.

As the story was reported in the Thai press, the woman claimed she had no idea who put the bar mat in her purse.

And now it appears (reported in the Australian press - http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/i-put-bar-mat-in-bag-friend-20090520-beut.html - that:

(1) Her two female companions admitted they surreptiously placed it in her purse (i.e., that the woman had no knowledge of it), and
(2) That they told the Thai police that.

Another example of Thai justice (incompetent injustice, that is).

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 20th, 2009, 21:23
"Another example of Thai justice (incompetent injustice, that is)."

more likely a case of Thai diplomats in Australia realising their country was being ripped to shreds in the Aussie media and hastily working out a face-saving solution.

Presumably the owner of the Aussie Bar will be purchasing a batch of tickets to the Policeman's Ball.

a447
May 20th, 2009, 21:28
I am hard pressed to think of any others who do not fall into the unnecessarily loud and gratuitously vulgar category.
In other words, you just don't KNOW anyone who isn't "loud and gratuitously vulgar." Hardly the basis for a generalisation such as yours.
BTW I have met some English people in my travels who I found to be "unnecessarily loud and gratuitously vulgar" (a group of soccer supporters in Munich spring readily to mind, as do a group of pommy potheads in Amsterdam) but I would not go as far as to judge the entire English population on such flimsy evidence. I am sure soccer thugs and druggies are not representative of typical English people. Correct me if I'm wrong.

May 20th, 2009, 22:09
[quote="love_child":kebui8dv]

you should get out more..Dame Joan Sutherland, Russell Crowe, Rachel Griffith, Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman etc etc :thumbleft:[/quote:kebui8dv]

to be fair, Rolf Harris has been out of Australia so long, he probably cant understand out accent anymore, Russel Crowe is a Kiwi (part time aussie when it suits us) and Mel Gibson was born and spent his first 12? years in the USA. Dame Joan can be a bit unnecessarily loud though....

I think the problem wasnt the fact that the women in question was an Australian, its the fact that it was a bunch of drunk straight women out on the town (I hope I can be sexist here without offending anybody!).

Brad the Impala
May 20th, 2009, 23:31

Regardless of the stupidity of the woman and/or her friends, the notion that one could get a minimum of 2 years in prison for stealing a bar mat is the real story here. If true, Thailand (governmentally) is nothing more than a banana republic.

But you keep slipping off your high horse and coming back to what you believe to be a banana republic. Could it be the bananas that are attracting you, despite your contempt for the country? Yet still you believe that your moralising has some validity!

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 21st, 2009, 00:19
[quote="Lunchtime O'Booze":24h9r81m][quote="love_child":24h9r81m]

you should get out more..Dame Joan Sutherland, Russell Crowe, Rachel Griffith, Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman etc etc :thumbleft:[/quote:24h9r81m]

to be fair, Rolf Harris has been out of Australia so long, he probably cant understand out accent anymore, Russel Crowe is a Kiwi (part time aussie when it suits us) and Mel Gibson was born and spent his first 12? years in the USA. Dame Joan can be a bit unnecessarily loud though....

I think the problem wasnt the fact that the women in question was an Australian, its the fact that it was a bunch of drunk straight women out on the town (I hope I can be sexist here without offending anybody!).[/quote:24h9r81m]

Rolf still has his accent and trades on it..in fact he is so Australian the Brits love him for it and his last art TV show was the highest rating British TV show of all time.

It was Keannu Reeves who spent his first 12 years in Oz while his dad was in a Hawaii prison and Russel Crowe lived in Oz from the age of 9 onwards.. Mel Gibson lived in Australia from he age of 2 to 30...he trained at the Oz acting school Nida where he donated a $5M theatre 5 years ago...Geoffrey Rush Oscar winner ?...Peter Weir Oscar winning director..Baz Luhrmann ditto...Dame Nellie Melba who rivals Dame Joan as one of the greatest opera voices ever.,The Wiggles, Merle Oberon from Tasmania, Monty-aclaimed resturaunter of Jomtien, Errol Flynn with the biggest cock in Hollywood ( before Roddy McDowell)

Need I mention Hugh Jackman just voted the Sexiest Man Alive in the USA and likewise , Simon Baker just voted the Sexiest Man on TV ?..one of the greatest comedians of the century Barry Humphries and the most gracious, glamorous gigastar and best friend of HRH The Queen, Dame Edna Everage..a triumph of elegance and Orstralian female beauty ?

One time British MP and gay activist Peter Tachell , just arrested by the HOMO police in Moscow (http://madamearcati.blogspot.com/

and the biggest star of all Great Britain..no not Danni...Kylie Minouge who makes Madonna look like the sad old arse faghag she is! :cheers:

Ask me anything.

May 21st, 2009, 00:40
Rolf still has his accent and trades on it..in fact he is so Australian the Brits love him for it and his last art TV show was the highest rating British TV show of all time.

didnt sound very aussie last time I saw him on TV, and I think last time he was a regular on Australian TV, it was still black-and-white.

It was Keannu Reeves who spent his first 12 years in Oz while his dad was in a Hawaii prison and Russel Crowe lived in Oz from the age of 9 onwards.. Mel Gibson lived in Australia from he age of 2 to 30...
I was pretty sure Mel didnt arrive in AU till he was older than 2yo, so I had a look around online....this site claims to be the definitive site for info about him:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/mel_gibson_biog.html

Born: 3 January 1956
Where: Peekskill, New York, USA..........

They arrived in Australia in November of 1968

anyway, getting off track a bit.If Mel and Russel Crowe got on the piss in Phuket, the place would have looked like it had been hit by another tsunami

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2009, 01:37

Bollocks!! As ever the devil is in the detail, which like accuracy has never been Booze's forte. His BBC programme on Art is considered to be the highest rated ART programme, which with seven million viewers is probable less that a fifth of the audience of the "highest rating British TV Show of all time"

Rolf recently hosted the popular, and entertaining, current affairs comedy programme, Have I got News for You. He made such a decent stab at it that you might not have realised that he was Australian! Unfortunately he spoiled the occasion by showing us his didgeridoo.

May 21st, 2009, 06:41
I wonder what legally advanced country it is that Bob comes from. Could it be the one that exonerated OJ Simpson?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 21st, 2009, 08:35
a"nyway, getting off track a bit.If Mel and Russel Crowe got on the piss in Phuket, the place would have looked like it had been hit by another tsunami"

not quite right..both actors have had the great honour to get on the piss in the past with Mr O'Booze and Russel is a charming and delightful drinker who only gets into strife when further "enhncements" are taken which never happens now as he is a responsible dad.

Mel is a rather sad morose drunk constantly in rehab. You are more in danger in being bored to death by a drunken German.

"this site claims to be the definitive site for info about him: " good grief there is no such thing as the definitive site about anything on the net (apart from me of course)

"Bollocks!! As ever the devil is in the detail, which like accuracy has never been Booze's forte"..I never claim to be a perfect source of information, just the best.

Needless to say neither of you dared to denigrate that striking example a woomanhood Dame Edna who I introduced to the Royal family when I was wooing her hand..although she was just plain Edna to me at the time. :salute: