PDA

View Full Version : Ackward Question I need to ask

May 10th, 2009, 23:21
I am going to Phuket Island, Patong Beach for the first time ever.

I have been living in South Korea for two year and this will be my first chance to visit a country in Asia that does NOT hate gay people. I am very happy and excited to visit Thailand. Korea is a wonderful place to live but, my God, they do HATE the gay people.

That being said, I need some advice. I fully plan to pay for some companionship while I am there. This question is a bit blunt for my taste.

How much can I realistically be expected to contribute for this? I do not want to insult in either direction (too little or too much) but I cannot find a straight (HA!) answer online in either way.

I have no plans to look for a permanent partner but I need to know what is fair for an encounter....I want to be fair I also do not want to be taken advantage of...

I have every plan to give more fun and loving energy than what is considered normal but I guess what I am asking is "What is the going rate for companionship?" I have lived for two years in the most repressed society EVER and I need some pointers in the functioning of one one the most progressive societies that exists now.

Please help me and tell me....

If you have anything useful (not useless, cruel comments) I welcome them all.....

May 10th, 2009, 23:33
1,000 to 1,500 baht.

Wesley
May 11th, 2009, 00:58
I am going to Phuket Island, Patong Beach for the first time ever.

I have been living in South Korea for two year and this will be my first chance to visit a country in Asia that does NOT hate gay people. I am very happy and excited to visit Thailand. Korea is a wonderful place to live but, my God, they do HATE the gay people.

That being said, I need some advice. I fully plan to pay for some companionship while I am there. This question is a bit blunt for my taste.

How much can I realistically be expected to contribute for this? I do not want to insult in either direction (too little or too much) but I cannot find a straight (HA!) answer online in either way.

I have no plans to look for a permanent partner but I need to know what is fair for an encounter....I want to be fair I also do not want to be taken advantage of...

I have every plan to give more fun and loving energy than what is considered normal but I guess what I am asking is "What is the going rate for companionship?" I have lived for two years in the most repressed society EVER and I need some pointers in the functioning of one one the most progressive societies that exists now.

Please help me and tell me....

If you have anything useful (not useless, cruel comments) I welcome them all.....

Having to deal with this subject again and after many years now of answering it, I can say, at least in my mind, that Mr. Bunny is right. 1000 is not too cheap and 1500 is not over the top. That having been said, those who live there have a different opinion since it is not a holiday for them but an every day or weekly occurrence. While I have paid 500 it was their fault, it was what they ask for not what I offered. So I don't just throw it at them if they have decided 500 is enough. Honestly, the best advice on this subject is to get that issue decided before you leave with the mamasaun there or the owner so that it is not an issue when you get back to the room. You can enjoy yourself with out worrying with ever move you make if this is going to cost extra. So, 600 to 999 for locals and 1000 to 1500 for vacationers and in my case or others who just like to tip an occasional really good guy 2000 is as far as I usually will go.

Wes

Post Script... Thanks for taking Korea off my list of places I would like to visit.

May 11th, 2009, 02:43
I am not too sure how you are going to handle Thailand if you think asking the price is 'blunt'. Read on:

1. First select a boy and talk with him.
2. If you get a good feel about him tell him exactly what you want. I want to lick your body; I want to smoke you; I want you to smoke me; I want to f... you, etc. etc. Do not leave without an agreement about exactly what is going to happen. Some Mamasans are good to help with this - some lie and tell you the boy will do everything. Do NOT be shy! What is closed in other countries is certainly NOT in Thailand.
3. At the bar you then ask the boy, "how much?' He will give you a fee and YOU have to get that fee down. It should be anywhere between 800 and 1200. I always agree on 800 to 1000 and if the boy does as he said and did good I always give 200 more. This encourages repeat business if you like him!
4. If you call one boy over and then see another cute one call him too for a drink. When you decide give the boy remaining behind 60 to 100, smile at him and say 'maybe next time'.

Other tips:
SMILE! Do not try to be serious!
Tell the boys something nice from the start: You have a nice smile; Your skin is so soft. You have a nice ass. etc. ...... Thai boys love this! [A guess we all do!!]

Enjoy our playground!
Francis

May 11th, 2009, 05:37
In Thailand, I don't find it necessary to discuss price in advance.
1000 baht tips seemed to be well received in Phuket for short time.

Wesley
May 11th, 2009, 09:37

I would agree, he is a newbie, give him a comprehensive answer, its not like there has been anything worth talking about for two weeks on here.

Wes

bing
May 11th, 2009, 09:46
hi - I'll be in Phuket starting on May 14 and staying at Connect. If you say Hi, I''d be delighted to to say hi and spring for a drink.

dab69
May 11th, 2009, 10:16
Post Script... Thanks for taking Korea off my list of places I would like to visit.

what could be attributed to the cause of their bigotry?

May 11th, 2009, 11:18
An extremely macho, bigoted society. Possibly the worst among developed countries in Asia.

May 11th, 2009, 12:28

what could be attributed to the cause of their bigotry?

On the contrary, South Korea is a great place to visit. I have been 5 times and I like it very much. Not every holiday has to be a sex tour. Isnt the idea of travel to experience different cultures, rather than just judge them against your own principles? Learn something about the culture and history and maybe that will help you understand the people too.

Korean society is still quite traditional and Confucian - respect for elders, family, conforming to the rules, work hard, get married and have children. The Korean attitude to gays seems a bit more complex than 'gay hatred'. They have no laws against gay sex (due to the lack of European colonisation), and you dont get groups of drunk guys going around bashing gays like in many so-called gay friendly western cities (eg Sydney). Seems to me that most Koreans dont like to be confronted with gay behaviour, so they can pretend it doesnt exist. There is still a stigma there about being gay, there have been a few suicides from celebrities as a result. But attitudes are changing, and its unlikely to be an issue for a tourist. Maybe somebody who lived there for 2 years would have more experience of some sort of homophobia.

Thats not so say a trip to Korea cant have some sex included. There is a small, western friendly gay scene in Seoul, as well as the 100% naked bathhouse/saunas (the vast majority are not gay places, but there are a handful of gay ones), and some gay massage places. Its not Pattaya (thank god for that!), but still fun.

May 11th, 2009, 13:48
Oh, Dave, get off your high horse for Christ's sakes.

No one said that Korea wasn't worth visiting.

We were just saying that it is not a particularly gay-friendly place -- which it is impossible to deny. My gay Korean friends agree, as do my farang friends living there, and so do I after visiting many times. Seoul is a gay backwater compared to other cities its size in the region -- Tokyo, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, Bangkok -- even Beijing and Shanghai -- all show up Seoul by a factor of 100 to 1.

As bad as South Korea is for the gay scene (and it is very bad for a country as developed and populated as it is), North Korea is even worse. At least the South Koreans don't ship gays off to labor camps like they do there.

May 11th, 2009, 14:44
Sorry, I didnt mean to get onto a high horse, just a reaction to patrickent
Korea is a wonderful place to live but, my God, they do HATE the gay people. and dab69's response
Thanks for taking Korea off my list of places I would like to visit..
I wouldnt agree that they HATE gay people, or that its a place that gays should avoid. Its probably no worse than a lot of places the posters here come from as far as attitudes to gays go.

gra46
May 11th, 2009, 15:48
Ok Paradise complex has changed this year so much as in the past 2 years ,

1 There more boys working in the Soi ,Why? they say The bars are to expensive and if manasan has a favourite he will tell the farang to choose him

2 Alot of the guys have a day job and when they get time off they go the soi ,they dont want to work everynight, In the bars they must work most nights...

The boys looks for a bed that night so they will take good care of you and if they like you they will come back to you after there day Job ,my advice if you go there at about 1:30 am the first night you sit outside the bars (kiss Bar ,Boat Bar ) you will see what i mean....1000 baht is the go ,they will go lower but dont be tight if they please you please them,some guys on here not mentioning names use these guys and are so tight will pay 200 for a beer but not a 1000 a night for a boy,i was told 500 i gave him 1000 and 100 for a motorbike home he was so happy he stayed the day.
My Thai friend came up from Trang he stayed 3 nights with me then went back home for study a very nice boy we still chat on MSN ,But he not what i was looking for ....so i went back paradise met a few nice boys ....till the last 4 nights i met the most awesome guy i been with in Thailand he stayed with me the last 4 nights ,he so different to the boys in paradise ,this is the main reason i return to Los so early this year....he is an Isan boy visiting his Aunty in Phuket and made my Trip this year..he also messaged me saying this as he not very good in English "you come Patong ,i come back Patong ..He texts me every 2/3 days from his home town asking me to return

So my tip to all is in Paradise treat the street boys nice and they will respect you..
i was lucky i met this boy outside Paradise in a Non gay bar
But there are nice clean and friendly guys in the Soi

May 11th, 2009, 21:13
Phuket:
1200-1500 short time.
1600-2500 long time.

May 12th, 2009, 01:21

I would agree, he is a newbie, give him a comprehensive answer, its not like there has been anything worth talking about for two weeks on here.

Wes

Just to be clear, I mean I don't find it necessary to discuss price with a Thai gogo boy in prior to offing him.

Discussing tips here is obviously a good idea, as it's better for all parties if we understand the going rate. Then over or underpayment can be avoided. If you look back to about Sept-Oct last year, I run 3 polls for short & long time tips.

gra46
May 12th, 2009, 02:22
Phuket:
1200-1500 short time.
1600-2500 long time.

I dont know where you got them prices from all the times i been to Phuket not once has a boy asked more than 1500 (long time)
and they are gogo boys asking 1500,and not many ask for that

krobbie
May 12th, 2009, 03:14
Don't forget to wonder over to soi 1 and 2 the other side of the complex to Connect and Boat Bar etc in Soi 3 and 4. There is/was a couple of small open bars that side and the guys who work there a really fun and entertaining.

Kai Bar and J&B Bar have a a relaxed atmosphere. Could someone let me no if Sid still has J&B Bar. I think the lease was due or is coming due for renewal.

Phuket is always a good time and make sure you stay not too far away from the complex as that really is the hub. When I was there at Christmas we went for a change of venue at Nanai Road. I loathed it. The whole place feels so overwhelmingly hetro.

I will stick to KN Guest house (not K&N) in future. I must remember to book early though in high times to avoid not getting booking at the time I require. The owner Nid is delightful and the place has large rooms, is very reasonably priced, has a lift, does n okay breakfast and no-one frowns at you in the morning when two turn up for breakfast.

http://knphuket.com/

Cheers
krobbie

May 12th, 2009, 03:18
Phuket is always a good time and make sure you stay not too far away from the complex as that really is the hub.

And here I was thinking that the beach would be the "hub" at a beach resort. Silly wabbit.

krobbie
May 12th, 2009, 05:26
Beach bummy, I was referring to the social hub for nightlife. The beach at night is only for fools.

This is my personal opinion and for me the beach isn't everything even during the day. I prefer a pool owing to my lack of walking limbs. I find the beach a bit of an obstacle actually.

krobbie