View Full Version : The most handsome man in Thailand

May 10th, 2009, 13:40
The most handsome man in Thailand is Mark and he is a barman at the Balcony bar in Silom Soi 4.
He's one of Thailand's national treasures.

http://www.silomsoi4.net/balcony_bd_09/DSC07377.JPG

He is the one in the middle. If you are served by him please give him a big tip.

dab69
May 10th, 2009, 14:00
I always do.
Even though I can only vacation one time per year he always remembers me with a big smile and a pitcher of Kamakazi(s?)

Sit is very handsome also.

May 10th, 2009, 14:08
Does anyone know if Ot still works at Balcony?
He is not in their staff pics anymore, but worked there the last couple of years.
Always enjoyed him and he was a big part of all their promotions.
He is still young and I wonder if anyone knows what happened to him.
I used to chat with him on MSN sometimes but do not ever see him online now, so just a little worried.

May 10th, 2009, 19:30
"The most handsome man in Thailand"? I'm sure he makes the best cheeseburger in Thailand, too.

Looks like nothing special from where I'm sitting.

TrongpaiExpat
May 10th, 2009, 21:40
Beach Bunny to Charlie Rich: Now, how can she be the most beautiful in the world and what makes you think I'm just going to happen to see her and tell her that you love her? Get real?

[youtube:335czj6v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzBt-2jQ3Iw[/youtube:335czj6v]

May 10th, 2009, 23:29
He's a lot better than those other fuglies in the picture; I will give you that.

Wesley
May 11th, 2009, 01:12
He's a lot better than those other fuglies in the picture; I will give you that.

I guess we all have guys we think are heavenly that are really the pits to your best friend. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. but I agree he is nothing special to me but, if you like him take what you like and enjoy. me and my best friend are always saying how can you go out with a guy that looks like that while i feel the same about his choice. just have fun if you get a chance and not to worry about Mr Bunny.

Wes

krobbie
May 11th, 2009, 02:04
Love-child, I am in agreement with you. I like his mature good looks and his classic full Thai bone structure.

Cheers
kroobie

Ron-Heng Vancouver
May 11th, 2009, 06:19
Personally I believe my Thai boyfriend of the last 12 years is the Most Handsome especially when compared to these photos. But then again, his brother is even more striking than he.
The displayed photos appear to be from Esan or other locales of the NE Thailand.
Of course, the handsome scale or desirability scale is in the eye of the beholder.
I am sure all of the men shown have a special uniqueness that makes them a pleasure to be with.

I am just happy that I met my Thai love-- now just reaching our 12th year of pure heaven together! He is an angel/.

dab69
May 11th, 2009, 22:17
I just sent Mark a link to this post.
Hope he is flattered by it.

I see he just got employee of the month also
worth a 1000bT bonus

Smiles
May 11th, 2009, 23:01
" ... Dew (former barman/waiter) is, I hear, currently in Melbourne ... "
I do believe Dew was the winner of the 'Quintessential Thai Smile' contest held on this Board a few years ago (if it's the same 'Dew'). His light up more than one room at a time.
Wish I had a photo of him, but it seems to have disappeared from my humungous My Pictures folder, which ~ in this case unfortunately ~ gets a cleaning every few years.

Anyway, this whole 'handsome' issue is moot anyway, as my old man is without doubt the most handsome man in Thailand. On this point there is no further discussion necessary:

bao-bao
May 12th, 2009, 23:58
Dew certainly has a nice smile, but if I were the one handing out the ribbons I'd have to award "Best Smile" (if not "Cutest Overall") to this waiter I've seen the last couple of visits in the Land of Smiles.

As far as I know he's straight... but eye candy's where you find it! :cheers:

June 2008:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-waiter2.jpg

March 2009:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-waiter1.jpg

Ron-Heng Vancouver
May 13th, 2009, 08:42
wow, guys,

I like the photos you post, but outside of vicariously existing, what is the meaning outside an admiring glance from a distance or magical thinking? They are waiters, bartenders. How about true love, someone to share your life?
I just don't get it. These men are ghosts, with no real presence in your lives. I could never exist under such circumstances. I as well should boast a photo of a celeb or a photo from a chance meeting on the train. ya think?

Some of you have enjoyed the photos of my true Thai love of 12 years...so I am sending another your way.... Truly the Buddha.... hahaha and I submitted him on the beach!

Sorry.
Ron

giggsy
May 13th, 2009, 09:37
sigh... they are ALL so georgeous
but i must add number 99 from toyboyz who i offed and looks remarkably like witwisit hirunwongkul.

[attachment=0:12zubpec]200px-Witwisit_Hirunwongkul_at_Star_Entertainment_Awards _2007.jpg[/attachment:12zubpec]

Ron-Heng Vancouver
May 15th, 2009, 23:04
Ah, ok I got it. This is a post where folks contribute photos of Thai men who have really moved them - can be anyone, and the posters wish to share the photos. Ok, thanks for the clarification.

The posters have chosen some really good looking men.,

Ron

May 16th, 2009, 02:23
"The most handsome man in Thailand"? I'm sure he makes the best cheeseburger in Thailand, too.

Looks like nothing special from where I'm sitting.

Nothing looks that special to you wherever you sit and type from! Why dont you take off the blindfold before you place your fingers on the keyboard.( Or maybe better still leave it on) I am sure then, you could type something useful and above all interesting However I dont think your brain would take on that challenge.
You definately must have been a deprived child that was always bullied at school and use this media to vent your frustrations.
Why do I feel so sorry for these TROLLS.

bao-bao
May 16th, 2009, 22:16
Ah, ok I got it. This is a post where folks contribute photos of Thai men who have really moved them - can be anyone, and the posters wish to share the photos. Ok, thanks for the clarification. The posters have chosen some really good looking men.
Ron
It's not always handsome guys that have moved me - sometimes it's just in their manner, sometimes merely a shy smile. This guy wasn't what I'd call classically "handsome", but there was something cute enough about him to keep me there chatting for a few minutes with him and his friends in that clumsy, charades-type way I do sometimes.

I guess I don't want to know enough Thai to be able to understand hearing "Jeez, thank goodness HE'S gone" when I'm a few steps away down the sidewalk, though! :cheers:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/0907BikeGuy.jpg

LoveThailand
August 11th, 2014, 21:16
I have been lusting after Wit the Captain for years :)

paulosussex
August 12th, 2014, 03:33
If you're a bear you'll be in there... :))

thaiguest
August 12th, 2014, 04:59
The most handsome man in Thailand is Mark and he is a barman at the Balcony bar in Silom Soi 4.
He's one of Thailand's national treasures.

http://www.silomsoi4.net/balcony_bd_09/DSC07377.JPG

He is the one in the middle. If you are served by him please give him a big tip.
HEY! I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS. Nice to know I'm not a lone voice in the desert. I hear he's partial to ladyboys.

Smiles
August 12th, 2014, 05:35
Who dug this cadaver up?
All these handsome Thai guys are - by now - 32+ years old. Ten years over the hill in Sawatdee-Speak.

Somewhere I think (I hope) I have a picture of Mr Dew. Finding it? ... another issue: as long as we're playing those-were-the-days.

dab69
August 12th, 2014, 09:26
Was just thinking one night last February that I would actually want to be married to Mark.
He came in the next night with a short haircut, saying longer hair
was too much work, and I lost all interest.

Then outside I was looking across the street at the area outside Telephone.
A tall slender waiter of perfection in what looked like multi colored
green/burgundy bowling shoes. Perhaps he has been there a while
and I had forgotten him. I mentioned to Sit about this "crazy handsome"
waiter I was probably going to embarrass by giving him a tip as I walked past.
Surprisingly he was also quite nice also. I got a the greatest
smile and "thank you."
Anyone know who I am talking about?

Up2U
August 12th, 2014, 13:33
The most handsome man(?) in Thailand can currently be found in Pattaya.

LoveThailand
August 12th, 2014, 16:07
I find many men in their 30-ies very attractive. Last trip the best sex I had was with a 36-year old.

lego
August 12th, 2014, 16:24
I think it really depends, not everyone ages well beyond 30. I agree that many even look better in their 30s, but there are others...

catawampuscat
August 12th, 2014, 18:50

I haven't seen this absurd queen in quite a while. I can't imagine where he keeps his
keys, money, passport in those micro mini skirts. No room in his bra ..

Nirish guy
August 13th, 2014, 00:33

I haven't seen this absurd queen in quite a while.

Likewise thankfully but just out of interest / nosiness what IS his story anyway, is he an Ex Pat or a go nuts and live out his fantasies on his two week a year holiday guy perhaps ?

Also if an ex pat does he "dress" ( and I use that word loosely) and ACT as he does 24/7 or is that just one or two days a month where he perhaps thinks "You know what I'm bored today so I think I'll go out and make a right tit of myself just for a bit of a laugh today to break the monotony of life here in Pattaya" perhaps ? And ( as god knows ! ) but is he actually GAY - and maybe even a member of this board !? And before anyone say's oh that's all his private business when you flaunt yourself as he does I'm guessing it's exactly TO be noticed and talked about as opposed to anything else so he'll probably be delighted !

Smiles
August 13th, 2014, 00:34
I haven't seen this absurd queen in quite a while. I can't imagine where he keeps his keys, money, passport in those micro mini skirts. No room in his bra ..
... gives new meaning to the designation "spooooooky".

[youtube:2qix9daw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyB_7LdRh6c[/youtube:2qix9daw]

LoveThailand
August 13th, 2014, 00:48
Great to see someone clearly enjoying himself and providing entertainment to others.

Nirish guy
August 13th, 2014, 00:59
A strange definition of the words giving "enjoyment" there perhaps though...........

Up2U
August 13th, 2014, 08:42

I haven't seen this absurd queen in quite a while.

Likewise thankfully but just out of interest / nosiness what IS his story anyway, is he an Ex Pat or a go nuts and live out his fantasies on his two week a year holiday guy perhaps ?

Also if an ex pat does he "dress" ( and I use that word loosely) and ACT as he does 24/7 or is that just one or two days a month where he perhaps thinks "You know what I'm bored today so I think I'll go out and make a right tit of myself just for a bit of a laugh today to break the monotony of life here in Pattaya" perhaps ? And ( as god knows ! ) but is he actually GAY - and maybe even a member of this board !? And before anyone say's oh that's all his private business when you flaunt yourself as he does I'm guessing it's exactly TO be noticed and talked about as opposed to anything else so he'll probably be delighted !
Is he GAY?.. was Liberace or Quentin Crisp gay? He comes to Pattaya several times a year, stays in BT and obviously loves attention. He takes his act up and down the beach and tourists approach him for photo ops. He certainly enjoys himself and has fun.

Smiles
August 14th, 2014, 01:48
Here are the Balcony Boys (circa 2006). A happy group.

Khun Dew is circled (couldn't fix that!) and I'm afraid I may have to change my mind: his hair-do is not the one I remember (it was shorter) and ~ in my opinion ~ made him one of the Most Handsome . . . but in fact I remember I was essentially focused on his absolutely melt-worthy smile.
From this photo I could easily have chosen at least four other guys from that gaggle who would fit the T.M.H.M.I.T bill ~ eight years later.
God help me from the spikey-do and the god-awful Korean-sweep-over-do which are ubiquitous on young Thai guys these days.

(Clicking on this one will enlarge it).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/balcony-2006_zps33127642.jpg

Anyway ... the Most Handsome Man in Thailand?
Here's my candidate (and 'how predictable' you may say): my old man!
This photo I think was taken in 2009, and he has more wrinkles now-a-days, but not a lot. Still looking pretty close to that photo.
I'm glad the opening post used the word 'man' rather than 'boy'. I know that Thais don't make much of this difference in descriptive words, but we farang do. My guy will be 45 in 10 days and in my (biased) opinion makes the use of the word 'man' well justified.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/closeup3_zps070b237a.jpg

catawampuscat
August 14th, 2014, 10:34
The absurd farang prances around the bars, when he's in Pattaya, in Boyztown nightly. He's well known among
the Thai lady men in Copa and curtsies like a ten year girl in her princess outfit.
His huge exposed gut makes him an absurd figure. I still wonder if he's castrated as his
micro minis and panties show no sign of manhood or keys, money etc.
With his exaggerated camp feminine behavior, he must be a Brit. They have cornered
the market for old hideous drag queens. There's one in her 80's still running around
looking like the Queen Mum. Nothing personal, of course, just an observation.

lego
August 14th, 2014, 13:57
catawampuscat, all of what you've written about that guy might well be correct. But when reading it, I couldn't help but think... If I were given the choice between hanging out with that flamboyant character or a sad and bitter cnut ranting about him for one night, I think I'd choose the former. Should be much more fun and entertaining I'd think. Just my opinion of course, nothing personal, because I know neither of you in real life.

PeterUK
August 14th, 2014, 18:35
The guy's behaviour is so over the top, but harmless, that it brings a smile to my face when I see him prancing along the beach. Many others smile too, I've noticed, and when he stops to chat he seems very friendly and soon has people laughing with him, not at him. What's wrong with all that? Some of the comments about him in this thread reveal what we all already know: that one's fellow-gays are often the last people to turn to for support if one wants to be a bit flamboyant and exaggerated.

Nirish guy
August 14th, 2014, 19:00
if one wants to be a bit flamboyant and exaggerated.

A bit !! ha only an English man could pull off such a massive under statement :-) Personally I HATE when I see kids pointing at him and then asking Mummy or Daddy "why's that man doing that' only no doubt to be told something like "oh don't worry son that's only a gay man out walking as we're close to the beach were they go" so the kid grows up thinking "Ah so THAT"S what gays are like" - great advert for us gays :-( .....mind you in Pattaya I guess there aren't too many positive roles models knocking about in general perhaps anyway, myself included there of course depending on how you look at life.

But personally it's just the whole forced "everyone look at me, look, LOOK !" thing that generally just makes me want to punch him most times I see him as he's simply just plain annoying to the eye and an attention seeking twat, but each to their own and all that, but I still reserve the right to want to smack him if he comes within 10 yards of me putting on his ridiculous "act" - hell if someone told me he was straight and taking the piss out of gay people THAT to me would make more sense than whatever it is he perhaps thinks he's doing as there surely can be no way he thinks it's sexy or attractive in any way ?

And before anyone starts Im not seriously suggesting anyone or even I punch him ( hmmm well maybe me just a little bit if he REALLY annoys me some day... PLEASE - (JOKE !), Of course he's entitled to live and do whatever he pleases even if that means dressing up like every day is a pride parade and you're the parade leader - just like I'm entitled to say I think he looks like an absolute proper dick whilst he's doing that.

Up2U
August 14th, 2014, 19:31
He is flamboyant and an exhibitionist but harmless. People laugh at him not with him. I wonder what his behavior is like in his home country (presumably GB) or if he is "born again" only when he is on holiday?

lukylok
August 15th, 2014, 01:21
From well informed sources, the masseurs on the beach, he is Canadian !

Nirish guy
August 15th, 2014, 01:29
From well informed sources, the masseurs on the beach, he is Canadian !

Well if true thank god for THAT at least so us Brits don't have to take responsibility lol :-)