PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Pattaya to Rayong at night ?

May 9th, 2009, 09:44
Anyone knows how to go to Rayong from Pattaya at night time ? By bus / taxi / Songthew ... or other vehicles ?

adman5000
May 9th, 2009, 19:27
Although I have not gone late at night, I have used taxi or bus at other times. Taxi was 800 baht, bus was about 120 baht. If you arrive by bus, you can use songthew/motorcycle to get to where you want to go if not within area near bus station. No taxi in Rayong. The bus will probably be making many stops so takes longer but eventually ends up at downtown bus station(there are two). In Pattaya you can catch the bus (Blue/White saying Rayong) on Suhkumvit Road. I found a good clean taxi along Second Road in Pattaya. When you arrive in Rayong, private songthew will offer to take you wherever for 200 baht, but you can do better. If you arrive earlier during the week you can catch the normal songthew or 10-20 baht- more limited service at night and on weekends- different colors-different routes/areas.

May 10th, 2009, 09:56
Thank a lot ! Adman . It seems the only choice directly to Rayong at night is taxi .
If leaved pattaya in the evening , anyone knows what time the latest air-cond. bus to rayong along highway #3 (Sukomwit) will pass pattaya ? and When is the latest songthew to Sattahip on highway #3 ?
because I live in Banchang ( between Sattahip Village and Rayong City ) , The distance is 20km , Maybe it would be much easier back to my place from Sattahip .

adman5000
May 10th, 2009, 19:07
Why don't you have a Thai friend call the or visit the bus station and find out. You need to be exact on what your final destination is. The three towns you mention are a bit away from each other. Do you require air-con bus or not? I would imagine a taxi to BanChang is quite a bit less that I quoted. It was a clean and pleasant little town as I remember with flower pots in the middle of the road.

pong
May 10th, 2009, 19:33
the buses can come in many more colours-not just blue+white. Most are AC-but if you really aim for the very last I would not be that much bothered if it has AC or not.
Now this is thailand and you never really know the time-the only fixed thing is when they set off from BKK-and thats 20.00 or maybe 21.00-thus passing SukhVit (stops at all sideroads)-around 2200-22.30 or 1 hr later. Its also quite senseless to have BF ask at busstation-as they dont serve any real busstation in PTY. Only the people on that bus know the real time.
I dont think those STs go all the way to Sattaheep-they end somewhere after the next village daytime. in general out of PTY songhthaews along major roads stop around dusk.
To compensate-allowing a long night out-buses etc start running pretty early-often at 3.30/4.00 or so from their base. the Cholburi-(old white+blue-1631 or so labellled)-Sattaheep buses start at 4.30 from both ends.

May 10th, 2009, 22:01
Thank Adman and Pong , Having a Thai BF is just a far-away dream !
I worked and lived in Rayong for 40 days only and have visited Pattaya several times . Normally take company's free mini-bus with other STRAIGHT staffs at weekend evening , then leave Pattaya about 10pm by the the same mini-bus . but on the way back to dormitory in Banchang , I have never seen any regular bus or songthew on Sukhomwit road around 10:30pm. So I doubt the last bus pass Pattaya to Rayong would be earily before 10pm . It seems If planed a personal trip to pattaya , I have to stay overnight then leave in the evening on next day .