PDA

View Full Version : Is Montien BKK stil homophobic

lonelywombat
May 5th, 2009, 17:49
Having been shocked in the past by the aggression of security at Montien in BKK, I wonder if they have relaxed their rigid requirements.

Do not want to go over the details again.

Would like to hear more about the Meredian.

May 5th, 2009, 17:53
Homophobic? With all the flaming queens that work there? Are you sure?

Or perhaps you mean fat-old-farang-accompanied-by-boy-prostitute-phobic?

lonelywombat
May 5th, 2009, 18:03
Homophobic? With all the flaming queens that work there? Are you sure?

Or perhaps you mean fat-old-farang-accompanied-by-boy-prostitute-phobic?

I cannot answer for you rejection as above. I probably would deny entrance to you as well./

I did not know you worked there I am sorry.[/quote]

I have had drama after drama bringing boys back there. My straight friends using the same concessions also agree that visitors are aggressively discouraged . it seems to be the fat old pigs at reception that are the problems. Beach Bunny loosen up!

May 5th, 2009, 18:07
Are they more aggressive with male visitors than with female?

Lighten up. I'm just trying to figure out where the "homophobic" part comes from, as the owners obviously have no problem with gays based on how many they hire to work there.

May 5th, 2009, 20:42
Lonely Wombat, If you want something less ambiguous then try the Atlanta.
Book your reservation here:
http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

May 5th, 2009, 23:30
Just looked at the Atlanta website and they clearly state "sex tourists not welcome" so I wonder if you might have the same problems there?

Looking at the new De Arni on Suriwong Road (opposite the Tarntawan, in front of The Rose). Very nice to look at, and my friend insists they are poof friendly. Anyone tried them out yet?

May 6th, 2009, 03:36
Who cares. They were simply rude when I arrived there about ten years ago saying that my friend would join me after his flight landed. I don't care what the source of their bad manners was, they'll never have my custom again.

bing
May 6th, 2009, 03:46
The Rose Hotel is still my choice, if you remember the days of yore when it was substandard. It has been updated and is very nice for visitors as long as they are of proper age. The pool is a great plus for cooling off, and you will appreciate the breakfast included in the price.

May 6th, 2009, 07:01
Got to agree with Bing - when I could not get into Bally Suites, I booked into the Rose Hotel. Great location, nice room, great price, lovely pool and a decent little gym beside it. I would defintely stay there again. I never took back a guest so I don't know the response one would get from reception, but an late middle aged gent in the breakfast room with his twink were treated with the utmost courtesy,

fedssocr
May 6th, 2009, 07:11
This Atlanta Hotel website is hilarious! Talk about unwelcoming. Even if I wasn't a sex tourist I don't think I would want to stay somewhere with so many rules. It sounds like a prison camp.

May 6th, 2009, 09:01
Who cares. They were simply rude when I arrived there about ten years ago saying that my friend would join me after his flight landed. I don't care what the source of their bad manners was, they'll never have my custom again.

10 years ago? Girl can hold a grudge, can't she?

a447
May 6th, 2009, 18:02
I spent 10 nights at the Rose in April after a very positive experience last year. The rooms are fine and the staff have no problems whatsoever with visitors. I was embarrassed at first but it all seems so normal to them so I learnt not to bother. The reception desk staff were always women, which also made it hard for me at first. BTW they keep the id card of your visitor for your safety and peace of mind. The position is perfect, right in the middle of the action!
I was very interested in the DeArni but it was right out in the open, facing Suriwong Road as it does. Seemed to be a bit too obvious if you are bringing a visitor back. Introductory price was good, though.

May 6th, 2009, 18:08
I spent 10 nights at the Rose in April after a very positive experience last year. The rooms are fine and the staff have no problems whatsoever with visitors. I was embarrassed at first but it all seems so normal to them so I learnt not to bother. The reception desk staff were always women, which also made it hard for me at first. BTW they keep the id card of your visitor for your safety and peace of mind. The position is perfect, right in the middle of the action!
I was very interested in the DeArni but it was right out in the open, facing Suriwong Road as it does. Seemed to be a bit too obvious if you are bringing a visitor back. Introductory price was good, though.

What are you so ashamed of? Catholic upbringing, by any chance?

No one gives a shit, man, and neither should you. Grow a spine.

PeterUK
May 6th, 2009, 19:04
This Atlanta Hotel website is hilarious! Talk about unwelcoming. Even if I wasn't a sex tourist I don't think I would want to stay somewhere with so many rules. It sounds like a prison camp.

It is hilarious, isn't it. I managed to sneak into the restaurant once ('not normally open to outsiders') and actually had a very tasty Thai vegetarian meal. The only other customers were two big-bosomed Scandinavian women who seemed to be exchanging smutty jokes. The beer mats had wonderfully uplifting mottoes on them, which time and no doubt a guilty conscience have erased from my memory bank.

May 6th, 2009, 19:13

It is hilarious, isn't it. I managed to sneak into the restaurant once ('not normally open to outsiders') and actually had a very tasty Thai vegetarian meal. The only other customers were two big-bosomed Scandinavian women who seemed to be exchanging smutty jokes. The beer mats had wonderfully uplifting mottoes on them, which time and no doubt a guilty conscience have erased from my memory bank.

do they allow people to eat meat there? maybe the whole menu is vegan? the management seem to be a fun-loving bunch, they dont even seem to approve of alcohol abuse. are there double beds or just singles?

Brad the Impala
May 7th, 2009, 04:40
do they allow people to eat meat there? maybe the whole menu is vegan? the management seem to be a fun-loving bunch, they dont even seem to approve of alcohol abuse. are there double beds or just singles?

They just have beds of nails. It's more environmentally friendly to leave the wood on trees.

a447
May 7th, 2009, 15:26
Beach Bunny,

What are you so ashamed of? Catholic upbringing, by any chance?

No one gives a shit, man, and neither should you. Grow a spine.

No, it's not that at all. My face is recognisable in my country (no, I'm not a rock singer or movie star!) and I would not want anyone seeing me having fun in LOS. That's all it is.

May 8th, 2009, 09:39
Montien Surawongse does enforce the joinerтАЩs fee. I stayed there once a while ago before I got acquainted with the area, and that was it. There are many gay friendly hotels around the block, so there is no any reason to stay at Montien ever, at least for meтАж

May 8th, 2009, 10:03
There are many gay friendly hotels around the block

I think you do mean "prostitute friendly".

I have straight friends who won't stay at the Montien because of their joiner policy, too. but they don't complain that it's not "breeder friendly".

a447
May 8th, 2009, 17:43
Watch out for the Plaza Hotel on Suriwong, too. They emailed me saying there was a 600 baht joiner fee. I stayed there 2 years ago and although there was a memo on the wall referring to the fee, it was never charged. I emailed them back and told them I would stay at the Rose instead, as it did not have a joiner fee.

May 8th, 2009, 18:57
Watch out for the Plaza Hotel on Suriwong, too. They emailed me saying there was a 600 baht joiner fee. I stayed there 2 years ago and although there was a memo on the wall referring to the fee, it was never charged. I emailed them back and told them I would stay at the Rose instead, as it did not have a joiner fee.

I'm sure the owner is still crying himself to sleep every night.

a447
May 9th, 2009, 11:37
Beach Bunny - And your point is....?

May 9th, 2009, 11:48
Beach Bunny - And your point is....?

Sorry if it went over your head. Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to here.

The point was: the poster made a point of saying how he emailed the hotel in a huff and told them he would take his business elsewhere -- as if that would make them re-think their policy. In fact, however, they are probably relieved that were spared the custom of another pissy FOQ sex tourist...which was obviously their intention in initiating a joiner's fee in the first place.

a447
May 9th, 2009, 12:33
Sorry if it went over your head. Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to here.
The bottom line is, BB, you have no idea who you are talking to on this, or any other forum. I'm surprised you didn't realise that.
Who said that I emailed them "in a huff?" Check my post and then please tell me where I said that.
The Plaza can only survive on sex tourism - you have obviously never stayed there because if you had, you would know that it is hardly a family-friendly joint. As a matter of fact, it is completely overrun with Japanese golfers and their Thai girls. Just walk in one morning and have a look in the restaurant. So much for your point that "they are probably relieved that were spared the custom of another pissy FOQ sex tourist."
As I mentioned in my post, they have a memo in the room stating there is a 600 baht joiner fee, but I was never charged that. So much for your "..which was obviously their intention in initiating a joiner's fee in the first place." It was obviously NOT their intention - It would seem they are charging it now because the Thais seem to have a curious way of doing business - when demand is down and supply is up, increase the price to make up for lost business. Are not aware of this phenomenon in LOS?
Don't comment on things you know nothing about, BB!

TrongpaiExpat
May 9th, 2009, 13:37
The poster currently calling himself Beach Bunny does not seek out posts for ambiguous wording and loose logic to correct and inform others but to get the reaction you just gave him. Most of us knew exactly what the original poster and other were saying even if the wording was not quite correct.

May 9th, 2009, 21:28
Well, the Japs apparently don't mind the joiner fee. So perhaps by enforcing it they are intentionally looking to keep out the skinflint old farang queens....like you. End result is the same: they're happy as punch that you emailed them in a huff to tell them to take their hotel room and shove it. I know I would be if I owned that hotel.

Or, then again...maybe they only enforce the joiners' fee on people they'd rather not have among their clientele? That would be 100% believable too.

gra46
May 10th, 2009, 08:28
Well, the Japs apparently don't mind the joiner fee. So perhaps by enforcing it they are intentionally looking to keep out the skinflint old farang queens....like you. End result is the same: they're happy as punch that you emailed them in a huff to tell them to take their hotel room and shove it. I know I would be if I owned that hotel.

Or, then again...maybe they only enforce the joiners' fee on people they'd rather not have among their clientele? That would be 100% believable too.

BB OR SHOULD I SAY BG
THE KING OF COMPLETE TROLLISM
370 POSTS OF COMPLETE SHIT IN WHAT 3 MONTHS
HAVE YOU A LIFE OTHER THAN POSTING TO FIND AN ARGUEMENT...

a447
May 10th, 2009, 09:16
BB, oh dear......wrong again! And again. And again. And again.
You have no idea how the Japs feel about paying a joiner fee. You also have no idea as to how many now prefer to stay there since the introduction of the fee. (Nor do I, which is why I did not make any comment on that.)
I am not a "skinflint old...." - the Rose is hardly the cheapest hotel on the block and I can still run up the stairs - with a boy in my arms!

they're happy as punch that you emailed them in a huff to tell them to take their hotel room and shove it. I know I would be if I owned that hotel.

And how do you know I told them to "take their hotel room and shove it?" Did I mention that somewhere??

You demonstrate an acute business mind. Jump for joy when customers boycott your establishment and spend their money elsewhere. Good one, BB! I can think of some failing bars in Pattaya which have your business acumen.

May 10th, 2009, 10:10
I just called the hotel. They're completely full. Seem to be doing just fine without the likes of you...and they're lovin' it.