PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok (The Boys) Bar Review

Surfcrest
April 3rd, 2006, 08:36
The West Side

The Boys
The Boys is a fairly big place with plenty of guys rotating through their turn on the stage quickly enough so that you arenтАЩt staring at the same one for too long. The boys are a little older here with many rough looking, sporting far too many tatoos for my taste. There was a big group of drunk women that most of the guys were focused too much on. I imaging if you are looking for more of a gay boy, you may not find it here. I found the service once inside left a little to be desired, but a good place if you like to be left alone and not continually pestered by the staff.

Dream Boys
Not much has changed at Dream Boys, except the boys themselves. Last year there were so many handsome boys to choose from, this year I was a little dissappointed. I think I dropped in on a slow day and so many of the better ones may have been off for the day. I noticed more with too many tatoos than last year. The show hasnтАЩt changed much from last year or even the year before for that matter. The drag / cabaret part of the show dragged on far too long with far too many embarrassing moments for the patrons they picked on.

Fresh Boys
The street gang outside are far too agressive and kind of freightening. It was pretty empty the night I went in (Saturday Night) and the staff never left me alone. The table and chair set up isnтАЩt as comfortable as benches (when they provide enough leg room), but the place is nice to look at. The boys are young and fresh with plenty of good looking ones in the line up, none of which had tatoos the night I was there. There is a show around 11:00, IтАЩm not sure if they do it is no one is inside. I missed it the night I was in as they told me it was at 12:00 and by the time I returned and hour or so later it was over (so they said). It would probably be a great place if there was a crowd inside.

Classic Boys
Again, sot much has changed at Classic Boys since last year. They have a pretty good show that includes a similar water tank show that they put on at Throb (Last year the Classic water show was better at Classic тАУ This year ThrobтАЩs show was better). I donтАЩt think the pyrotechnic show was a good idea with everyone so packed in and so much wood. The staff work pretty hard and do a good job looking after the crowd. The show boys are quite cute and there are plenty of fresh good looking go-go boys in the line up to choose from.

The East Side

X Boys Thailand
I prefer the guys to be a little older and so this year X Boys Thailand was my favorite. There are a few tatoos and the odd one that isnтАЩt in the greatest of shape, but the majority of the line up includes something for everyone including some fresh looking ones. The boys dance in a cage by the door and again on stage, rotating a little too fast to perhaps appreciate one that you may have your eye on. With a show as long as this, I imagine the quick rotation is necessary for each of the many guys to have their time up on stage. I went on a busy night and a quiet night and was equally impressed with the show, all be it a little long. Again, the pyrotechnic part of the show left me feeling edgy with so many people inside and limited exits. The best place to see the show is from the benches beside the cage to your left as you walk in. The benches to the side are also good, but watch out for the huge pillars that obstruct the corners. The staff are very freindly, although a little pushy for drinks and tips. They bump into each other, again obstructing your view of the show if they are hanging out in front of you. I wasnтАЩt impressed that the staff appeared to be smoking more than the patrons, but smoking is sort of my peeve.

X-Man
Related to X-Boys of Thailand. The show boys do a show upstairs and they move downstairs to do a show there. This was the only place I didnтАЩt go to yet on the Soi. IтАЩll go sometime in late April.

Fresh Beach Boys
I seem to recall this club being Boys of Bangkok last year and I wasnтАЩt really impressed with the assortment of pretty plain looking boys then. The line up looks pretty much the same, so perhaps there is a market for this sort of look. It wasnтАЩt really my thing. The boys reminded me of the mine up across the Soi (The Boys), more of a rough looking set with more tatoos that I like seeing. The show was just okay with a big cock show that wasnтАЩt really all that big. The staff pretty much left me alone inside, although one not smelling all that fresh was pestering the older chap beside me. There are benches to the left and right sides and tables on the left wall and on the floor. The stage was pretty good, bringing the show closer where everyone was seated.

Future Boys
I was impressed when I walked in for the first time and the floor boss remembered me from the year before. Not much has changed at Future Boys except for the show that has gotten much wilder from last year if you like what Bangkok is so famous for. They continue to push the envelope and so this is one show that shouldnтАЩt be missed. The boys are not as rough looking as some of the other clubs on the Soi nor are they as fresh as Fresh Boys and Classic. The seating is good (benches / bleachers), comfortable enough. The staff can be a little pushy, I had a little lady thing invite himself / herself over to sit a little too close for my liking.

As I said before, IтАЩll be back in Bangkok later to have a look at X Man and let you know how it is. IтАЩm back in Pattaya now, enjoying my favorite pub in Thailand (Sunnee Plaza Pub), a place that was packed last night for the election passover. It wasnтАЩt a dry night at Sunnee Plaza Pub last night, although they didnтАЩt play the music that I enjoy so much (70тАЩs Pop).

Surfcrest

wowpow
April 3rd, 2006, 13:12
Surfcrest - did you get any alcohol? I heard that the bars were only serving soft drinks but no reduction in price. I hope that those naughty bars did not break the law! It was not a good day to sample the bars. Many boys go to their home town to vote and thinking that the bars would be quiet many of the superstars stay away. Having said that your, overall impressions were close to mine.

Fresh Beach Boys was New Man
X - Men was X-treme Bar
X Boys was Boys Bangkok
Fresh Boys was Boys.Com
Hot Male was Twilight
Bar Lover was a hairdressers?
Dream Boys was Blue Star
Team Boys was Dream Boys
Blue Star was Up2 but has now closed - 3 year lease only 1 million?

Don't miss out on Jupiter next trip. Show 10.30 prompt and the best male dance review in Thailand. Just by Suriwing Hotel reception.

Surfcrest
April 3rd, 2006, 21:15
My Bangkok bar review was from late March 2006 and before the election.

Everything was up and running as per normal.
On April 1st I was at The Balcony eating dinner and enjoying Watermellon shakes.
On April 2nd in Pattaya, enjoying a quiet night with many others at Sunnee Plaza Pub.

Thanks for being so attentive TeePee :cyclops:

Surfcrest

Smiles
April 4th, 2006, 00:04
If you were only going to choose one gogo bar to attend in Bangkok, which would it be?

Future Boys has always been interesting (sounds like more so these days) ... Jupiter never been to, but TeePee seems to think it's worthwhile.
Only 2 nights in Bangkok on the front edge this trip so other things to do. On the back side however, 5 days, so will be able to dabble in the scene (though the beloved gets quite bored with gogo bars and stays haughtily silent, wondering when it will end :blackeye: ).

Cheers ...

GWMinUS
April 4th, 2006, 00:36
Smiles, I think you will have your hands full with that handsome man from Isan!!!

But my pick of Go-Go Bars is Solid, around the corner from Tawan and on the same side of the Soi as Mango Tree.
Small and friendly!! Lek is a wonderful host. He will gladly tell you which of the guys are Gay or STR8.
And you can always go upstairs to see how you get along with the man before offing him!!
My recommendation is Wit!! A wonderful "Boy" who is great in all ways!!!

I also like Jupiter!! The show there is well done and there are a nice variety of men!!
I always take my Thai friends there. Not a gross-out like so many of the Soi Twilight bars.

Have a great trip. Hope you can get online while in beautiful Thailand!!!

colmx
April 4th, 2006, 03:00
Hi Smiles
As Others point out the only bars I would bother with on a one-night stopover in Bkk these days is Jupiter or Future boys...

If i want to ogle i just go to Pattaya where the boys are friendlier, less demanding, more likely to be gay (and more handsome imho!)
Also the pressure for drinks is not so high in pattaya and they are approx half the price in Bkk anyway!

9 days till i go on my next trip, Bf will be working most nights this time, so hopefully i'll get to go back on some of my old whistle-stop tours of Pattaya on a few nights! (8-9 3 pubs, 9-10 2more, 10-11 2 more, 11-12.30 2 more before heading on down to hollywood or BBB!)

GWMinUS:
I can't believe Mr.W** from Solid has not found himself a wealthy benefactor at this stage... he has had so many positive reports over the last few years! I too took a shine to him, but BF forbade me!

April 4th, 2006, 12:20
.... about favourites to visit on limited time in Bangkok?

I guess I would definitely visit Future Boys again, good raunchy show and not overly attentive captains. The other show bar would be Tawan, which on my last visits had no 'naughty' shows to offer but did have entertaining shows all the same and a real hassle free environment. As for Gogo bars, I would recommend solid (near Tawan bar), cheap drinks, friendly atmosphere, few farangs. I'd also recommend Blue Star (which is still open on Rama 4 Road) and Mr Jiw at Blue Star who was especially nice offering a lovely massage and ample other hidden treasures.

Nice review Surfcrest, I agree with a lot of what you have to say.

wowpow
April 4th, 2006, 19:28
I just checked with Mr. Nit the owner of Star Massage above Blue star and brother-in-law of the owner. Blue Star closed about a month ago and there will be 'something else' there soon. I second your opinion about Khun Jiw.

Star Massage continues and has some well trained attractive masseurs.

April 5th, 2006, 06:25
Nice work, Surfcrest.

A well-writen piece, and I also pretty much agree with your observations.

Did you make any impressions regarding the music in the bars, in particular, the volume of the music?
I found last month that some bars, especially the X bars, were no-go zones for me, because it was so loud inside.
And I thought the idea of the bars was partly that you go to a bar to meet a nice young man, buy him a drink and chat him up, and if interested take it further.
How can this be done if a chat is impossible?

Maybe I'm about up to grumpy-old-man status.