PDA

View Full Version : The Arab and the ladyboy

January 6th, 2006, 00:38
Kuwait man realizes his date for the night is not a woman but a man who steals his Pocket PC after he refuses to pay.

Police were called to the front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort after a Kuwait National reported the theft of his Pocket PC by a Ladybody. The suspected thief had been detained by hotel security. Police Major Sanae oversaw the case which led to the arrest of Khun Sakhon aged 22. The story begins when Mr. Mohammed Anhala from Kuwait was tavelling back to the Royal Cliff Hotel after a night out when he spotted what he thought was a woman on the street near the Second Road entrance to the Royal Garden Plaza in South Pattaya. He ordered his taxi to stop and pick up the woman who accompanied him back to the Hotel for an arranged fee. To Mr. AnhalaтАЩs surprise, inside the room, it soon became clear the woman was in fact a transsexual and he decided to send Khun Sakhon on his way. However, the Ladyboy demanded payment for her time which was not forthcoming. He then allegedly stole the Pocket PC from the room and left. After a few minutes, Mr. Anhala realized that the item was missing and pursued the suspected thief who was detained by the entrance to the Royal Cliff. Khun Sakhon confessed to the theft and was charged.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_03_01_49_3.htm

January 6th, 2006, 07:35
One of the reasons, I suppose, that hotels impose joiners' fees: to avoid subjecting other guests to scenes such as these.

bucknaway
January 6th, 2006, 07:49
That was just plain STUPID! If he were smart he would have run out the back door with the pocket PC.

January 6th, 2006, 07:51
Hotels impose joiners fees because they can. I wonder how many are reported in the hotel's income statements. I suspect that it's another example of that old small-business favourite accounting entry
DB Till
CR Hip Pocket

Decent hotels ensure that they have details of the visitor's IC, and don't impose a joiner's fee. The joiner's fee is, of course, inherently racist - I never have to pay one (nor is one paid for me), no matter what hour I visit another non-Thai friend in his or her Bangkok hotel room

Marsilius
January 9th, 2006, 11:35
I had the contrary experience to Homintern (as above).

When I (a farang) last stayed at Howard's in Pattaya, a farang friend came to visit me late on night to discuss some business in my room.

I was subsequently charged a joiner's fee!

I have never stayed there since...

January 9th, 2006, 12:34
When I (a farang) last stayed at Howard's in Pattaya, a farang friend came to visit me late on night to discuss some business in my room.
Ah, yes ... Pattaya. I never run out of reasons not to go :roll: