PDA

View Full Version : California: repeal of Prop 8 has begun

May 2nd, 2009, 08:23
Well, I just received this link. It seems that the gay marriage cat is clawing its way out of the bag...one more time. California's initiative process is already in full swing for the next election cycle.

Here's a link to a draft initiative filed today with California Attorney General Jerry Brown.

This time out expect big time gay money to pour into the campaign. This will be one hell of a fight if the mormon cult and fundamentalist end timer fake chistians want to come out to California and fight.

Let's hope the mormon cult decides to stay in Utah with their garments pulled up so tight around their neck's that they sound like nellie soprano queens.....if not expect the legal gloves to come off and for the mormon cult to become a bloodied punching bag. This time the gay legal community will be ready for their illegal games. They can expect spies with recorders to be at many of their meetings....I hear that the cult has already been "infiltrated." The mormons are already fighting multiple legal attacks to their IRS 501c3 tax exempt status for openly soliciting political donations at cult events and then funding a political campaign.

Rick Warren, the OC fundamentalist preacher (Jerry Falwell's reincarnation) is already running for cover, attempting to redact his comments from the last time out that are already in the public record.

What ever the outcome if a new proposition makes it to the polls....expect a bloody fight to the death.

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/initia ... 9-0011.pdf (http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/initiatives/pdfs/i808_initiative_09-0011.pdf)

quiet1
May 2nd, 2009, 10:35
What's with all the anti-Mormon vitriol?

Admittedly, I didn't follow Prop 8 breathlessly, but from watching the news at my Mom's house in California shortly after the election last fall, it seemed like the Catholic Church was largely responsible for the defeat of Prop 8 by turning the large Latino and black communities against Prop 8. Were the Mormons a bigger player in the politics of Prop 8?

May 2nd, 2009, 11:11
To Quiet...
Yes, the Mormons threw a bunch of money into the anti Gay Marriage act (Prop 8) as well as the Catholic Church and other orgizations.
And the Gay community was caught sleeping at the switch.
There is a very VERY big discussion going on right now as to weather the formal "gay lobby" is really worth all the money that's being thrown at it as the "No on 8" people really botched this one.
And all this is playing into the next Calif. Governor campaign as Mr. "Gay Marriage" Mayor (of San Francisco) Gavin Newsom is up against Old Man (I was Governor before but now I'm for gay marriage) Jerrry Brown.
As a TAX PAYING Californian I'm pissed off at everyone! But the first one that says my Thai ladyboyfriend is welcome in the state gets my vote!!!!

May 2nd, 2009, 11:49
What's with all the anti-Mormon vitriol?

Admittedly, I didn't follow Prop 8 breathlessly, but from watching the news at my Mom's house in California shortly after the election last fall, it seemed like the Catholic Church was largely responsible for the defeat of Prop 8 by turning the large Latino and black communities against Prop 8. Were the Mormons a bigger player in the politics of Prop 8?

Yes, quiet 1, the mormons were not just a bigger player..they were the main player. In fact they accounted to 4 out of every 5 dollars spent to pass Prop. 8.

Read this article from the Huffington Post to bring yourself up to speed. And with a little goggle searching there is lots more about the mormon's illegal and hateful activites to be learned.

"Given their history, Mormons know about being targeted for being different. Yet in a full-on offensive, the LDS Church mobilized in favor of California's Proposition 8, a ballot initiative that bans gay marriage. Mormons donated $19 million to the cause -- nearly four out of five dollars raised. And now that the initiative has passed, apparently Mormons want to play nice; an LDS Church leader called Wednesday for members to heal rifts caused by the campaign by treating each other with "civility, with respect and with love."

Not. So. Fast. Gay people are fed up and have learned a thing or two about mobilizing themselves -- and not just for angry rallies. Some pro-Proposition 8 folks may come to regret their not so private support of hate. And were you thinking about skiing in Utah this year? Hmmm, Colorado's looking pretty appealing these days.

Yet somehow an economic boycott doesn't feel direct enough; those who team up against gay people must learn that there are consequences.

That's why we are seeking to strip the Mormon church of its status as a religious organization. According to IRS law, "no organization, including a church, may qualify for IRC section 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (commonly known as lobbying)." [Emphasis added.]

Please join our efforts and show the world that gay people -- and their friends and families -- know how to hit back. Sign this petition to support the legal effort to strip the Mormon Church of its tax-exempt status."

quiet1
May 3rd, 2009, 08:54
Thanks for the background info. Since I've been back home in Thailand, I've not kept abreast of the Prop 8 stuff. Thanks, in particular, for not flaming me for my ignorance!