View Full Version : pattaya beach to be widened

giggsy
April 29th, 2009, 16:17
Pattaya's Beach has been washed away due to global warming.
'Our city is an important tourism town and needs to be continuously developed' Pattaya's Mayor Itthipol Khunplome said. 'Global warming is a seriously threat to Pattaya, its beaches and its citizen.'
'Pattaya Beach is 3 km long and 10-20 meters wide. It has significantly been washed away due to global warming and if it is left the way it is the beach will continue to narrow. Therefore Pattaya will modify the environment and scenery to make the beach area better for the public, including increasing recreational spaces, especially for the disabled, children and the elderly. We will widen Pattaya Beach by at least 50 meters', Mayor Itthipol said.
Global warming is a real threat to every human too, our beloved Mayor said. Therefore Pattaya City Hall decided that every room in the city has to be equipped with an air conditioner.
Today's air conditioners are environment friendly. They don't produce any emissions. They get their power from a socket in a wall.
The only problem with air conditioner is their high price, but Pattaya City Hall has a solution for this problem, Mayor Itthipol Khunplome said. Every single Thai living here in Pattaya will get a cheque worth about 15'000 Baht at City Hall, which will help to buy and install a high quality Japanese made air conditioner.
Double Pricing.
To finance this action we got a simple but effective solution, Pattaya's Mayor said. All vendors of air conditioner will double the selling price of air conditioners to Farangs.
Double pricing is a popular and an effective way to take the money out of the Farang's pockets. It is popular all over Thailand - and Farangs do not go on the streets to protests, they simply pay with a smile, the Mayor added.
Water has to be collected.
The water produced by the air conditioner has to be collected and can be used for cooking, cleaning clothes, washing the dishes or flushing toilets.
It is no longer allowed to let drop the water into the Sois of Pattaya.
Pattaya is an environment friendly city, Pattaya's Mayor Itthipol Khunplome said.
Later, when economy recovers, we will roof Pattaya and will provide a constant temperature of 25┬║ Celsius all around the year, Mayor Itthipol added. 'I will inform the public as soon as I have finished my plans, probably as early as next year. But in the meantime I will ask the shopping centres around the city to open their doors and windows during the hot season to help cool down the streets of Pattaya with their air conditioners'.

sounds a good idea to me

April 29th, 2009, 18:34
I am finding it hard to reconcile this story with the statement a while ago by a government expert that global warming, and in particular the rise in sea levels caused by the melting of the Arctic ice sheets, would not affect Thailand " as we are so far away from the polar area"

April 29th, 2009, 19:02
why not? rob from the rich and give to the poor. robin hood became famous for it.

April 29th, 2009, 22:52
A great idea ALF, send me your address and i will soon come and clean you out. I like a bit of robbing the rich to give to me the poor. Better still just send me a monthly payment via a bank transfer that means i dont have to come out and waste my energy on you. LOL.
Anyway Alf you have a nice day. :salute: