PDA

View Full Version : Botox in Bangkok

April 25th, 2009, 13:54
Can anyone rcommend a clinic in BKK for Botox?

April 25th, 2009, 16:34
Most if not all of clinics in BKK now charge Botox inject per facial area, for example, xxxxx baht for eye browse wrinkles, xxxxxx baht for forehead wrinkles...etc.
They do not charge based on the quantity of Botox used. This practice is a way of ripping off customer.
Whereas, in the U.S., if you look for promotion deal, you can still find USD10 per unit.

April 26th, 2009, 01:22
I've been happy with Bumrungrad International Hospital in BKK. I've had comprehensive medical check up for a couple years in a row and it's much cheaper, more efficient, and complete than what I can get in the US. All for about $400 US.
Have also had Botox injection a couple times but don't know price as it was with other work. Probably better clinics if the Botox was all you were wanting done. Bumrungrad is not as cheap for cosmetic as others might be. But good quality.
Did the Hair Restoration in January and it seems to be increasing my density as planned. Need a few more months before final judgement.
They have prices on web site or email them for any specific procedure and they will give you a good price estimate.

April 26th, 2009, 02:40
Most if not all of clinics in BKK now charge Botox inject per facial area, for example, xxxxx baht for eye browse wrinkles, xxxxxx baht for forehead wrinkles...etc.
They do not charge based on the quantity of Botox used. This practice is a way of ripping off customer.
Whereas, in the U.S., if you look for promotion deal, you can still find USD10 per unit.

Indeed, anyone who charges for a service in some other way that is done in the Great American Way, is clearly a knave.

April 26th, 2009, 03:37
Indeed, anyone who charges for a service in some other way that is done in the Great American Way, is clearly a knave.
Now I know what an "old fart" mean.

Back to the Botox topic, there are plenty of discussion about Botox and other cosmetic surgery on Thaivisa.com or other websites.
I believe many other western countries (and Korea, Taiwan) also charge Botox based on the quantity used, not based on skin area being treated. The medicine Botox itself is expensive, so the less quantity used, the more profit for the practitioners.
Even if you are being charged based on the quantity, you need to witness with your own eyes to ensure the claimed quantity is being used. If one doctor prepares the suringe behind you while you lay on the chair, and another doctor prepares in front of your eyes, you know which doctor you should go to.

April 26th, 2009, 17:34

Back to the Botox topic, there are plenty of discussion about Botox and other cosmetic surgery on Thaivisa.com or other websites.
I believe many other western countries (and Korea, Taiwan) also charge Botox based on the quantity used, not based on skin area being treated. The medicine Botox itself is expensive, so the less quantity used, the more profit for the practitioners.
Even if you are being charged based on the quantity, you need to witness with your own eyes to ensure the claimed quantity is being used. If one doctor prepares the suringe behind you while you lay on the chair, and another doctor prepares in front of your eyes, you know which doctor you should go to.

Yes. An old fart is someone who feels the need to use botox, then whinges interminably about the method of charging.

April 26th, 2009, 18:00

Yes. An old fart is someone who feels the need to use botox, then whinges interminably about the method of charging.

I am glad I can contribute to the forum with my good-heart advice on the subject of Botox. And I hope I don't turn into one of those negative people who have nothing to contribute. Perhaps, their time can be better spent planning for their own funerals, after all, this would be the only event left that has any significance.

thrillbill
April 26th, 2009, 18:27
Yes, I have had it done a few times... I would stay away from some of the clinics that seem to hire a young staff that makes you wonder if they are really qualified to do Botox (same places that do facials). Example: The botox place that is on 2nd street across from Royal Plaza shopping center. (don't go there)

In Bangkok I went to the facial clinic that was on Silom down from Bug and Bee restaurant. Was happy with their professionalism. A couple of the hospitals would do a good job, also.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 26th, 2009, 21:29
I doubt you can better than Bumrungrad as you can be assured of the first class quality . Check on the special deals they have which change all the time. You may even get a gender reassignment thrown in (perhaps splash4 had this along with all the other procedures )

I've had liposuction which I was very happy with..as long as you don't mind feeling like you have been punched in the stomach a thousand times.

What on earth does the Bug & Bee restaraunt serve ? I shudder to think.:shaking2:

A WARNING THOUGH : if you are a sort of manly looking man (like me)..don't go for a full facelift.

Have you seen what actor Rupert Everett just had done ?..total lift and a ton of botox..completely unrecognisable. :pale:

April 26th, 2009, 21:36
I doubt you can better than Bumrungrad as you can be assured of the first class quality .

Bullshit...Bumrungrad is able to charge many times the going rate just because of this common perception that neat uniforms and a Starbucks in the lobby means "better quality". You can find just as good -- if not better -- service at dozens of other mid-range hospitals around Bangkok, at a much better price. Or clinics, even -- as we're talking about Botox and not open-heart surgery.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 26th, 2009, 21:46
depends my dear..if you want open heart surgery, a facelift and botox injections with a fresh cup of Starbuck's coffee served by a nice Thai nurse in a starched white uniform..Bumrungrad's the place. :salute:

Smiles
April 27th, 2009, 00:04
depends my dear..if you want open heart surgery, a facelift and botox injections with a fresh cup of Starbuck's coffee served by a nice Thai nurse in a starched white uniform..Bumrungrad's the place. :salute:
I presume you had these all done at the same time? Male nurse? Does a Grande Latte enhance the efficacy of the Botox?

The 2 Ruperts: (Dr Glatt disagrees with O'Booze)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/the2ruperts.jpg

krobbie
April 27th, 2009, 02:46
As far as I can make out from looking on the net, the good doctor has actually had both of the shots (above in Smiles post) "doctored".

The one on the left he has added to the aged appearance making the cheeks and forehead wrinkles more exaggerated plus other little wrinkley bits also.

The one on the right doesn't even resemble the newly minted Rupert. This person looks good, even though it doesn't resemble Rupert now, in the least. The real truth is Rupert really looks like Rupert but stretched and pulled.[attachment=0:dri4093f]rupert_everett_plastic_surgery-716145.jpg[/attachment:dri4093f]

Oops. And there was I madly saving for a little tweak myself. I think I will just have the bags of my eyes done and leave it at that.

Cheers
krobbie

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 27th, 2009, 16:29
Rupert looks dreadful
..and I can say this as one who dallied with a 20 year old Everett and was happily suprised to find he was better looking at 40 than he was at 20. Indeed I could tell you some very intimate personal details of a physical nature about Rupes which I never would of course on a public forum like this, unless asked nicely.

Indeed when I saw him 2 years ago at the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras he was still handsome and able to pull 2 bits of rough trade at the sleazy leather bar Midnight Shift..much to my chagrin when I had to vacate a seat for one at lunch the next day.

But why oh why has he had what looks like a Hollywood stretch job done ??

April 27th, 2009, 17:39
Midnight shift!!!! Soooo contrived dahling, I seem to remember ashtrays emptied on the floor to create a rough atmosphere, I have a strange liking for the place though. I thought I recognised your 'Jimmy Choo's' poking out from under a pool table, must have been the botox,,,