PDA

View Full Version : the greatest day of the year....enjoy

giggsy
April 22nd, 2009, 23:12
http://www.jinks.clara.net/04ads/0423lacage.jpghttp://www.jinks.clara.net/04ads/0423oscars.jpg

To be born an Englishman is to win first prize in the lottery of life. Cecil Rhodes

[youtube:34m9vxuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxn73vXEW7w[/youtube:34m9vxuo]

There is nothing so bad or good that you will not find an Englishman doing it, but you will never find an Englishman in the wrong. Bernard Shaw

[youtube:34m9vxuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYgeETrkPs[/youtube:34m9vxuo]

The whole strength of England lies in the fact that the enormous majority of the English people are snobs Shaw

[youtube:34m9vxuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnuoGOo3Bew[/youtube:34m9vxuo]

'Tis a glorious charter, deny it who can, That's breathed in the words, "I'm an Englishman." Eliza cook

April 22nd, 2009, 23:18
No quotes from the last century? How telling...

April 23rd, 2009, 01:05
yeah, that 'Land of Chips and Gravy' is a grand old tune, but the relationship to Gay Thailand escapes me

giggsy
April 23rd, 2009, 01:10
i could fill a few pages with quotes from churchill if you really want me to.

Marsilius
April 23rd, 2009, 12:21
As an Irishmen...

I always suspected you were schizophrenic!

April 23rd, 2009, 12:57

How about somehting from the past 50 years, then?

April 23rd, 2009, 14:39
looks like a useless holiday to me.

April 23rd, 2009, 19:00
looks like a useless holiday to me.

It's not a holiday here in England.

jolyjacktar
April 23rd, 2009, 19:24
It should be 555, ive noticed a few more places now hanging the flag of St George out. Im sure St George was gay and he didnt slay any dragon just layed with a Dragon ( his very own lady boy Knight ) :bounce:

April 23rd, 2009, 22:13
It should be 555, ive noticed a few more places now hanging the flag of St George out. Im sure St George was gay and he didnt slay any dragon just layed with a Dragon ( his very own lady boy Knight ) :bounce:

I beg to differ. If he ever existed he certainly wasn't English, but from some dark territory far to the south still blighted by baksheesh and nepotism.

The wearing of his flag here has become associated with *chavs and Ulstermen rather than the better elements of the English tribes i.e. **Anglo-saxons and ***Norsemen.

*council housed and violent

**bondsmen to the mortgage on a semi-detached house in Milton Keynes or some suburb

***green-wellied keep holders.

jolyjacktar
April 24th, 2009, 02:43
Oh 555 lighten up you silly old sod, i was joking. Your right he wasnt English :-

Saint George (ca. 275/281 тАУ 23 April 303) was, according to tradition, a Roman soldier in the Guard of Diocletian, who is venerated as a Christian martyr. In hagiography Saint George is one of the most venerated saints in the Roman Catholic Church, Anglican Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodoxy, and the Eastern Catholic Churches. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon and is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. His memorial is celebrated on 23 April, and he is regarded as one of the most prominent military saints.

Saint George is the patron saint of Aragon, Catalonia, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, and Russia, as well as the cities of Amersfoort, Beirut, Bteghrine, C├бceres, Spain, Ferrara, Freiburg, Genoa, Ljubljana, Gozo, Pomorie, Qormi, Lod, and Moscow, as well as a wide range of professions, organizations, and disease sufferers.

As for the cross of St George yes there are people that use it for aggressive reasons and racism, but most people i know wear it as a patriot of England, be it in sport or just every day life. When i see flags flying in my city its from pubs and buildings that the people in them are proud to be English.
So i will still look on the bright side of life.

giggsy
April 24th, 2009, 06:37

How about somehting from the past 50 years, then?

An Englishman thinks seated; a Frenchman standing; an American pacing and an Irishman afterward. Austin OтАЩMalley

The English are special. The world knows it. In our innermost thoughts we know it. This is the greatest Nation on earth. Tony Blair

What England needs is an iron lady. Margaret Thatcher

If the French where really intelligent they would speak English. Wilfred Sheed

The English are not happy unless they are miserable. The Irish are not at peace unless they are at war and the scots are not at home unless they are abroad. George Orwell

There are many things in life more worthwhile than money. One is to be brought up in this our England which is still the envy of less happy lands. Lord Denning

ThereтАЩll always be an England. Even if itтАЩs in Hollywood. Bob Hope

and finally one for you BB

No one can be as calculatedly rude as the English, which amazes Americans. Who do not understand studied insult and can only offer abuse as a substitute! Paul Gallico

lonelywombat
April 24th, 2009, 09:36
what has this got to do with gay Thailand.

Now that Oscars and Mikes Bars nights are over I assume it will be closed

giggsy
April 24th, 2009, 10:15
what has this got to do with gay Thailand.

Now that Oscars and Mikes Bars nights are over I assume it will be closed

ok we will change the subject "whats a wollengong"