PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok curfew

thrillbill
April 19th, 2009, 20:57
Though Bangkok is under a state of emergency, are the bars on soi 4 and dance clubs on soi 2 closing at regular times?

April 20th, 2009, 05:43
Though Bangkok is under a state of emergency, are the bars on soi 4 and dance clubs on soi 2 closing at regular times?

What state of emergency?
Things are working as usual in Silom - Silom Soi 4 bars closed at 2.00am and in Soi 2 DJ station was still open at 3.15 tonight.

thrillbill
April 20th, 2009, 06:14
This is why I asked. I read that there is no curfew...

By Kittipong Soonprasert

BANGKOK, April 19 (Reuters) - Thailand's capital, Bangkok, could remain under emergency rule for another week after an attempted political assassination raised fears of further unrest, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Sunday.

In his weekly televised address, Abhisit also gave more details of a move to amend the controversial 2007 constitution in a bid to resolve Thailand's long-running political crisis.

"I hope when I meet you again next Sunday. We will feel normalcy and peace in society again," he said of the emergency rule imposed during a week of protests in which two people were killed and a major Asian summit cancelled.

The state of emergency covers the sprawling city of 10 million people and surrounding areas, but has had little impact on daily life. There is no curfew and troops are visible in only a few areas away from tourist sites...