PDA

View Full Version : Abhishit Vejjajiva

April 14th, 2009, 02:49
Since most of you think that everyone in Thailand has a price, I wonder if this hunk if offable? If so, how much do you think he will want for short-time? :bom:

April 14th, 2009, 03:07
8 years in office.

krobbie
April 14th, 2009, 03:41
Seems reasonable to me.

anakot
April 14th, 2009, 07:10
Since most of you think that everyone in Thailand has a price, I wonder if this hunk if offable? If so, how much do you think he will want for short-time? :bom:

A hunk? (NOT)...Way too pretty for me but despite early misgivings I think he is doing a reasonable job...

April 14th, 2009, 09:07
Having as example the last 'truly' ($$) elected Thai PM now fugitive I would certainly support the notion that some potentially good leaders should come from a combination of election and "appointment". They need time as well. Perhaps what is going on right now will prove to be good training :-)

I hope I bump into him somewhere as well :bounce:

April 15th, 2009, 01:31
Remember he was born in the Uk and went to school at 1 of the best private schools in england then to uni at oxford or cambridge, I cannot remember which one

April 15th, 2009, 11:18
Remember he was born in the Uk and went to school at 1 of the best private schools in england then to uni at oxford or cambridge, I cannot remember which one

and Thaksin ...

,Thaksin> obtained a master's degree in Criminal Justice from Eastern Kentucky University in the United States in 1975 and three years later a doctorate in Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University in Texas.

what a difference,

April 15th, 2009, 15:02
..... what a difference

yes - one's popular, one isn't.

April 15th, 2009, 15:20
..... what a difference

yes - one's popular, one isn't.

They're both popular, just with different groups of goons.

April 15th, 2009, 18:05

He read PPE at Oxford, after Eton.

allieb
April 16th, 2009, 13:23

A lot of spanking and buggering goes on in those so called private schools. He might be into a bit of S & M by now

April 16th, 2009, 20:45

A lot of spanking and buggering goes on in those so called private schools. He might be into a bit of S & M by now

We call Eton a public school in this country. As for there being a correlation between adolescent fumbling in public schools and S&M, what is your evidence?

allieb
April 16th, 2009, 23:48

We call Eton a public school in this country. As for there being a correlation between adolescent fumbling in public schools and S&M, what is your evidence?

My evidance is having lived near Harrow as a teenager I had a few of the inmates who were fond of a little spanking. Not my cup of tea but always willing to oblige. And I don't need a leson about what a public school is. aot87 refered to private school correct him if it pleases you.

April 18th, 2009, 16:41
A few more differences/similarities between Thaksin and Tricky (as he is known to his family):

Both come from Thai-Chinese families. One family was middle class, the other was wealthy, very well connected, and had been members of the royal court and royal inner circle since Rama IV.

Both they and their parties (PPP and Democrats) were investigated by the Attorney General in 2006 and were found to have been involved in electoral fraud, which would have led to they and their parties being banned; after the military coup one and his party were found guilty and banned by a military tribunal, the other was not investigated further.

One registered 30 Billion baht in total assets when made Prime Minister - a very healthy sum, not including the property and shares he had "given" to his family, maid, driver and dog, but still far less than the over 1 Trillion baht Forbes attribute to Thailand's richest man (who appears to have no business interests). The other registered 50 Million baht - a respectable sum, but far less than that required for a life style that includes sending one son to Eton and one to Winchester, which is hardly affordable on the PM's salary of some 100,000 baht per month.

One was a successful policeman and a highly successful businessman, establishing himself as a leading telecommunications tycoon before entering politics. The other entered politics as an MP at 27, having never had to work for a living.

Both are responsible, to a greater or lesser degree and with a number of other notable players, for Thai politics being well and truly up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

April 18th, 2009, 17:39

Lovely to see you back GF: Now are you going to explain why you attempted to deliberately deceive people by misquoting what I wrote in this thread army-selection-time-upon-us-t17418-45.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/army-selection-time-upon-us-t17418-45.html) or was it a fact that your were in fact wrong in your claims of 3 star knowledge regarding the pre /post conscription draw?

This has no place here - it has nothing to do with this topic.

I have already said, on the thread you refer to, that I have no interest in continuing a pointless debate - evidently you genuinely are "unable or unwilling to understand the most simple English". I will, however, respond to the outright lie that I misquoted you and "attempted to deliberately deceive people". I did not misquote you - anyone bored enough to read the thread can see that what I put in quotes was exactly what you wrote (sufficient to satisfy even Smiles (!)). What you refer to was my assuming that someone who had been trained as an engineer, was employed by an engineering company, and was being sent to Germany to attend a training course run by that company was attending a technical course where instruction would be in German. According to you that is not the case - if so, my assumption was indeed incorrect.

Jinks, as it seems that Romaniac (and probably his soul-mate Pissyboy) seem prepared to hijack more important and more interesting threads for personal reasons, and as I do not consider either of them to be either credible or worth replying to any more, maybe it would be in the best interests of this thread (and others) if you deleted both these posts.