PDA

View Full Version : The shooting has begun.

April 13th, 2009, 05:53
A sad day for all.

at least 3 dead reported by redshirt tv - this is 500 metres from govt house.

[youtube:2d8vdlgv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMkorJtasU[/youtube:2d8vdlgv]

April 13th, 2009, 13:26
It's not a sad day for me, so speak for yourself. It is a happy day for me when thugs and hooligans get shot.

x in pattaya
April 13th, 2009, 14:07
The monk in shades seems to rather out of place in this context.

http://tyfon.info/tv/tv066.jpg

Despite the hard core tough guys (probably) hired specifically to ensure there's violence, there also seems to be a lot of people in pictures I've seen in the newspapers who look like they were given a free red shirt and may not be all that ready to shed blood for the cause.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a80679-smiling.jpg.html

giggsy
April 13th, 2009, 14:15
hasn't the monk got a walking stick with a red handkerchief tied round it? plus red shades ! he must be the MR BIG .directing the yobs :protest:

the red shirts are soooo ugly..i wonder which side oogleman is on..it won't be the red shirts

latintopxxx
April 13th, 2009, 15:26
Funnt...all the international media seem to indicate that Thaksin was democratically (as in the most votes) elected. Its the King and his gang that want to cling to power and privelege. Remember what happened to the fench monarchy???

giggsy
April 13th, 2009, 15:48
Funnt...all the international media seem to indicate that Thaksin was democratically (as in the most votes) elected. Its the King and his gang that want to cling to power and privelege. Remember what happened to the fench monarchy???

and Guy Fawkes

X IN PATTAYA PUTS UP A PICTURE OF A MONK AND MINUTES LATER A MONK IS DEAD- SPOOKY

HAVE YOU GOT ANY PICS OF SMILES?

x in pattaya
April 14th, 2009, 14:43
X IN PATTAYA PUTS UP A PICTURE OF A MONK AND MINUTES LATER A MONK IS DEAD- SPOOKY

Where is some verifiable report of a monk dead because of the demonstrations? I've only heard of two people dying in confrontations with local residents.

Incidentally, I thought the true drama queens hung out here with the sightings of "real big rifle guns," fears of things getting bloody and "I've experienced two demos in my lifetime ... sob, gasp." Obviously these people have never attended a European football match or been around a bunch of Canadians battering baby seals. But ThaiVisa should win the Croix de Feathered Boa for this headline:

Central Bangkok A War Zone, Festive holiday is turned into a black nightmare

War Zone??? People throwing Chang bottles & traffic cones and using slingshots??

I'm sure we haven't heard the last of the red shirts, but it does seem some degree of control over the streets has been achieved by the military.

Certainly in terms of civil disturbances there were mistakes made in preparing for the conference in Pattaya, but over all it's been dealt with without a great deal of loss of life or bloodshed ... at least so far. Certainly most countries have had their share of problems with demonstrations & police heavy-handedness. The race riots in the US in the 60's, Kent State, Brixton in the UK along with the never-ending problems relating to Northern Ireland, the French almost every other month ...

Anyway, I hope that we will have a measure of peace for awhile and those of you on Sawatdee who had spontaneous hysterectomies over it all will recover soon. One way or other things like this are likely to go on. If youтАЩre going to soil your drawers every time a new colored shirt appears on the street, you might consider settling in a more tranquil location тАж good luck finding one. If all else fails, I believe a number of clinics in Thailand offer testicular implants.

PeterUK
April 14th, 2009, 19:39
Anyway, I hope that we will have a measure of peace for awhile and those of you on Sawatdee who had spontaneous hysterectomies over it all will recover soon. One way or other things like this are likely to go on. If youтАЩre going to soil your drawers every time a new colored shirt appears on the street, you might consider settling in a more tranquil location тАж good luck finding one. If all else fails, I believe a number of clinics in Thailand offer testicular implants.

That you should want to turn comments about a serious ongoing political crisis in Thailand into some kind of masculinity contest with you in the role of Tarzan and the rest of us as weak-kneed Janes tells me a lot about your self-esteem problems. Try to address the matter like a sensible adult or don't bother.

bigben
April 14th, 2009, 21:40

Thank you X

That was great.

I laughed also when the local rags were describing BKK as a war zone.

Unpleasant yes.

A tad dangerous if you were close to the police or ladies in red. Yes.

A royal pain in the butt driving around taking care of business. Yes.

But a war zone? ? ? ? ? PLEASE, give me a break. :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

And yes, I am very happy it is over for a while. :salute: :salute: :salute:

giggsy
April 14th, 2009, 22:10

Where is some verifiable report of a monk dead because of the demonstrations? I've only heard of two people dying in confrontations with local residents.

Reply with quoteReport this postRe: I see soldiers with long rifle guns
Author: Scott123 on Mon 13 Apr, 2009 8:23 am

oh no...a monk was killed during the confrontation.

if scot123 says a monk has been killed i've no reason to disbelieve him... ( lying bastard)

x in pattaya
April 16th, 2009, 11:14

That you should want to turn comments about a serious ongoing political crisis in Thailand into some kind of masculinity contest with you in the role of Tarzan and the rest of us as weak-kneed Janes tells me a lot about your self-esteem problems. Try to address the matter like a sensible adult or don't bother.

Since you are discussing Thais and Thailand in a venue that has few (if any) Thais available to respond, why not arrange a meeting with English speaking Thais тАж maybe university students eager to learn about their country from a tourist . In that way the people you are denigrating will be able to respond on something approaching a level playing field. Not as convenient as spewing on a platform populated by farangs or as self-inflating as sharing your wit & wisdom with bar boys, but sometime you need to step outside your bubble.

You can make it a dual presentation. Bring along a copy of that childish book you paid someone to print. Nothing says sophisticated well-reasoned dialogue (much less deep respect for a people) like a book about sex tourists & sex workers in Thailand that no self-respecting publisher would have touched with a ten foot barge pole. IтАЩm sure everyone will appreciate your contribution to farang-Thai understanding. Condoms recommended.

Once the applause dies down from that warm up, you can launch into your assessment of weak, compromised leadership in Thailand.

But probably not. ItтАЩs so much easier being forthright and speaking your mind in a closet of your own choosing, no?

x in pattaya
April 16th, 2009, 12:57
with you in the role of Tarzan and the rest of us as weak-kneed Janes .

Rest of us? I'm talking about you and a couple of other hysterical ninnies. Most people have reacted sensibly.

Me Tarzan? No. I'm not especially brave, but you compare badly to girl guides or nuns.

Try to address the matter like a sensible adult or don't bother.

Oh please, PetuniaUK. I'll bother whenever I feel like it. I know your bloated self opinion has been damaged by this reality check, but don't resort to tantrums.