PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya to Hua Hin

kittyboy
April 11th, 2009, 22:53
As I recall, a while back there was a discussion of a ferry service or proposed ferry service between pattaya and hua hin. I did a search on past board posting and did not find that particular thread.

I am returning to thailand later this year and would like to stay a few days in pattaya but would also like to check out Hua Hin. Is there currently a ferry running between the two areas? If so any idea on the cost?

If there is no ferry I assume the fastest way to get to Hua Hin would be to take the bus to BKK then back down to Hua Hin. Does anyone know if there is direct bus service from Pattaya to Hua Hin? And if so how long would the trip take?

Smiles
April 12th, 2009, 00:52
There is no ferry service to from Pattaya to Hua Hun (or the other way). I guess you could rent a private speedboat (I've heard of a group of Hua Hin farangs getting together and doing this, but not on a regular basis) .... but that's about the only choice.

There has been on and off talk about this over the years, and even one (or perhaps more) actual attempt at making a go at it ... but it ended quickly.

markie1
April 12th, 2009, 02:41
The only way between the two now is Taxi or Drive ,Expect to pay about 3000 to 3500 in a taxi from Pataya to hua Hin ,you could drive also hire a car ,its proberly just has cheap.
You Can fly from bangkok also .

x in pattaya
April 12th, 2009, 11:20
There has been on and off talk about this over the years, and even one (or perhaps more) actual attempt at making a go at it ... but it ended quickly.

As I recall the only interest shown was from people desperate to escape Hua Hin and to reach the bright lights of Pattaya.

Getting people to book passage back to Hua Hin proved an insurmountable marketing hurdle. :clown:

EDIT: Sorry ... I didn't see Hot4Thais message when I posted mine. Great minds and all that.

bigben
April 12th, 2009, 15:46
KittyB

It's been a few years since I visited Hua Hin from the Pattaya area, and I am sure I will be corrected and slapped if I am wrong but.........

You can take any south bound train from BKK and it will pass Hua Hin where you can jump off.

Also if you know where Victory Monument is, there is a line of those silver colored Toyota mini vans that depart from the Victory Monument area to Hua Hin every 30-40 minutes or when the van has a few customers. Four years ago the van ride was 150 baht one way. The train was about the same price as I recall, but took longer.

Nice ride on the train in the day time hours and bring a camera.

Back on topic........From Pattaya to Hua Hin as mentioned above a taxi will take you but I personally don't enjoy haggling the fare with those nice / charming / peace loving guys who drive taxis here in Pattaya.

As I recall, taking the train is just over 2 hours.

The mini van from Victory monument is about 90 minutes and I will guess taking a taxi from Pattaya to Hua Hin would be about 4 hours depending on traffic and if your driver is practicing being a racing car driver or not.

Hopefully all this monkey business will be settled when you arrive because now would not be a good time to hang around Victory Monument waiting for a mini bus.

April 12th, 2009, 22:57
The only way between the two now is Taxi or Drive

Bus? Train?