PDA

View Full Version : Phuket? What to visit, where to say...

April 11th, 2009, 17:14
Hi... I'm starting this topic 'cause i was unable to found something related to Phuket (90% for Pattaya or Bangkok).

I'm planning to visit Thailand soon (I don't care about some guys in red in a street unless the close my favorite bar). The first place in my mind is Phuket, but, its really good? or there are other places in Thailand better than Phuket. Obviously, I'm visiting for fun few weeks, u know.

For all the readed over the internet, looks like the Thai boys are more liberals than here. Its truth?

I'm looking for some recommendations, first if Phuket is nice than other sites, or first i need to know Pattaya or Bangkok, If anyone have some experiences, if my 1.88m tall is a problem or a advantage, where to stay, etc. (Money is not a problem).

Thanks.

April 11th, 2009, 20:28
Where best to go depends on what your priorities are.

(i) For a very nice beach, combined with a rather modest selection of gogo bars, try Phuket.
(ii) For arguably the best selection of gogo bars, combined with a rather ordinary beach, try Pattaya.
(iii) For a bustling city, with some outstanding sites & a good selection of gogo bars, try Bangkok.

As your flight may well go via Bangkok, why not stay there for at least a few days to start with?

April 11th, 2009, 20:44
I stay here your love it?

http://www.baanyindee.com/
Baan Yin Dee
7/5 Muean Ngen Rd, Patong Beach, 076-294-104, FAX 076-294-108, email. A small, gay and lesbian friendly luxury boutique hotel located on a hillside with breathtaking views over Patong Bay. Twenty-one spacious first-class rooms including two Junior and one Presidential suite, all located around three magnificent tiered swimming pools. Charming Boran (ancient) Thai-style accommodation, friendly service and excellent food, Baan Yin Dee really is the new alternative in unprecedented luxury and an oasis for those seeking comfort and traditional Thai charm and hospitality.

Bangkok
I take the suite here, its good, only the suite though.
http://www.laresidencebangkok.com/
Le Residence
173/8-9 Suriwong Rd, Bang Rak
Phone: (0) 2233 - 3301 Fax: (0) 2237 - 9322
Email: residenc@loxinfo.co.th
Smallish, gay-friendly boutique hotel, friendly staff, is close (almost walking distance if you are not lazy!) to the Silom/Patpong gay area. Has all the usual amenities in the comfortable rooms suites best in town for the price, and a restaurant, though some have commented that the rooms are a bit small.

Pattaya
And of course there will be only one place to about open end of April working like a slave to open on time.
Our boutique residence is located in a quiet location of Jomtien, a suburb of Pattaya, 250 metres from the Gay Beach. In the immediate area there are a wide range of friendly Gay Bars and Cabaret Shows. You can reach the centre of Pattaya within 5 minutes. Here you will find a wide range of shopping opportunities, restaurants and bars.

We offer four different room categories. The Standard Room, the Superior Room, the De-luxe Room and the Junior Suites.

Our luxury rooms are furnished to a first class standard and lavishly decorated. All rooms feature air conditioning, safe, mini bar, TV's [Flat-screens in Suites] and have Japanese style bathrooms. All floors are easily reached by a modern lift. The Private Pool and Spa are perfect places to relax in style.

Still on shedual to open end this month?

http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/index.htpattayaml

jolyjacktar
April 11th, 2009, 20:44
I like Phuket. I found if i took off a boy from a bar then headed out of Patong beach to some of the many lovely beaches around Phuket it was a far better choice, also head over to the Island of Pi Pi this is a great place to explore and be a beach bum

jinks
April 11th, 2009, 20:46
Hi... I'm starting this topic 'cause i was unable to found something related to Phuket (90% for Pattaya or Bangkok).

I find this hard to believe....

I entered "phuket" in our search box without an author and Voil├а.......

Search found 1681 matches

April 11th, 2009, 22:58
Thanks all for the replies... I'm planning to stay 2 weeks, so I think I need to visit Phuket, Pattaya and Bangkok if I want a entire outlook of the gay life in that wonderful country...

Thanks for the links ;)...

rincondog
April 11th, 2009, 23:11
My own personal favorite is Phuket because of a much nicer beach than Pattaya. The gay scene area is smaller but to me much friendlier than Pattaya. You can check out dreaded ned's for a good listing of gay spots in all locations.
http://www.dreadedned.com

ceejay
April 11th, 2009, 23:32
Thanks all for the replies... I'm planning to stay 2 weeks, so I think I need to visit Phuket, Pattaya and Bangkok if I want a entire outlook of the gay life in that wonderful country...

Thanks for the links ;)...
Up to you (you'll hear that expression again :colors: ) but trying to spend time in all 3 in just two weeks is spreading yourself a bit thinly. It only leaves you 3-4 days in each (which have to include the journey to Phuket and back). I would consider making it just Bangkok plus one of the other two. If you do that, and especially if it's Bangkok plus Phuket you opt for, I would go to the seaside resort first, then go back to Bangkok for a time. That's for two reasons. First, I'd rather start a holiday by chilling on the beach for a while. Second, I'd rather be in Bangkok the night before I have to catch the plane home - far less opportunity for things to go wrong.
But, like I say - "Up to you".

Whatever you do, you'll have a great time. The first visit is special.

April 11th, 2009, 23:48
RodrigoMx - some points for you to consider:

1. You didn't say when you're planning to be in Thailand, but if you're coming during the rainy season, then putting your hopes on beach towns may not prove to be the best use of your time. If it's raining badly, you won't find much to do during the day in Phuket or Pattaya, although the bar scene at night should still be fun. On the other hand, there's plenty to do in Bangkok daytime even if it's raining.

2. You used the word "fun" without clarifying what you mean by it. Do you mean sex? In which case, you didn't say whether you're interested in commercial sex, free sex or no sex. If you're looking for free (sauna) sex, then you will have many more choices in the big city Bangkok than in the small towns. If you don't mean sex, but you mean clubbing, then only Bangkok has it. Not Pattaya, not Phuket.

(We're big boys here. You don't have to beat around the bush. On this board we say "sex", "fuck", "moneyboy" and whatever is the honest truth.)

April 12th, 2009, 00:48
Thanks for the points @macaroni21. Wasn't thinking in the rainy season. I was planning to go in June, so perhaps October will be better...

I want to know, obviously, all... from beaches to nice butts :P... I don't like free sex, risky in many ways... Well... I think I need 3 weeks, few days (3 or 4 for Phuket), and the rest for clubbing. I'm not a big fan of ecotourism... its only that Phuket its so publicized (like the paradise or something), I hate the day light...

Thanks one more time...

Smiles
April 12th, 2009, 00:59
" ... Hi... I'm starting this topic 'cause i was unable to found something related to Phuket (90% for Pattaya or Bangkok) ... "
???? If you plug in the word "Phuket" into the board search engine the result will be 1600+ posts. Plug the word "Patong" in results in 480 posts.

jolyjacktar
April 12th, 2009, 03:43
I want to know, obviously, all... from beaches to nice butts :P... I don't like free sex, risky in many ways... Well... I think I need 3 weeks, few days (3 or 4 for Phuket), and the rest for clubbing. I'm not a big fan of ecotourism... its only that Phuket its so publicized (like the paradise or something), I hate the day light...

Thanks one more time...[/quote]

Im not sure youve said that right. As it makes it sound you think that paying for sex is not risky. I just love not paying for sex so to me free sex is great. And all sex is risky if you dont take good precautions. Have a good holiday anyway

April 12th, 2009, 04:25

Thanks one more time...

Im not sure youve said that right. As it makes it sound you think that paying for sex is not risky. I just love not paying for sex so to me free sex is great. And all sex is risky if you dont take good precautions. Have a good holiday anyway

I was thinking more in... meet a guy in a sauna or in the street is more risky, 'cause you can be robbed or assaulted, for example... thats way I was thinking. At least if u pay for a guy in a bar, U know where is he working and other stuff, well, thats my point of view... I have a sad experience from a trip to Brazil last year :tongue:

Uhm... so, Im rescheduling my trip for October. Thanks everyone and see you in Thailand :thumbleft:

(After my school classes of how to use a search engine :blackeye: )

pyro
April 12th, 2009, 12:00
When I was in Phuket I stayed at Club One Seven and it was a very nice place and the staff was very courteous and helpful. The only thing is it is a bit far to Paradise Complex (the main gay area) but it is walkable or short motorbike ride. They have a nice pool and a small gym, and included breakfast. As far as the rainy season, I believe that October might be more rainy than June, but not sure. I was there in November and the weather was very nice.