PDA

View Full Version : Colon Irrigation In Thailand

donald1
April 2nd, 2006, 09:01
Hello guys, a few years ago I remember reading a journal about someone who went to a colon irrigation trip somewhere near phuket for a week. i am 99% certain that I got the link from the old old old message board.

Does anyone have this link or know of where I can get the info. As always, thanks !

dab69
April 2nd, 2006, 09:23
www.dogpile.com (http://www.dogpile.com) (heh- dog*pile*)
searching: enema thailand spa

see a couple sites one for phuket
one for samui

paulg
April 2nd, 2006, 10:29
http://www.thaiwebsites.com/kohsamui2.asp

just google colon irrigation thailand for the info you want

donald1
April 2nd, 2006, 11:29
I appreciate your help but I have done the google searches and I am quite aware of how colon irrigation works.

What I am looking for is that entry on the old message board of a "journal" someone kept during their 7 day visit to the centre. It was quite an interesting read and gave a day by day experience of the process.

If anyone of the "older" members remembers this entry, that is what I am after. Thanks, again

wowpow
April 2nd, 2006, 11:35
I wonder if you are thinking nof this one www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,663391,00.html (http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,663391,00.html) thought it was in Koh Samui

Google 'colonic irrigation diary samui' and you get a lot of info choices. If you do the same for Phuket there is hardly any.

www.yanhee.net/Others/Bangkokinformation.html (http://www.yanhee.net/Others/Bangkokinformation.html) This hospital in Bangkok has several machines and you can walk in without an appointment. It is not expensive other than the taxi to get there.

I hope this helps. I tried it once and hated it and felt no ebenfits. Others I know go regularly.

donald1
April 2nd, 2006, 13:11
yes, indeed it is the exact article I was searching for.

I have to say that this board and all previous boards I have been a part of here have been a compendium of information.

Thanks guys, Mission Complete!!!!

gearguy
April 3rd, 2006, 00:20
Hi TeePee:

"www.yanhee.net/Others/Bangkokinformation.html This hospital in Bangkok has several machines and you can walk in without an appointment. It is not expensive other than the taxi to get there. "

This linke appears to be broke. Any more info on this hospital? I'm curious on this and want to give
it a try.

April 3rd, 2006, 01:50
How full of shit was this guy?

Why on God's green earth would anyone need seven days of irrigation unless they were trying to grow soybeans?

Maybe someone told him to go to Thailand to get hosed in the ass everyday, and he simply misunderstood?

Monty-old
April 3rd, 2006, 06:49
Donald
If you have a pain in the ass, OR are a pain in the ass.
Or just need good cleaning out, or a good seeing too.
Come to Monty's B & B Pattaya
You get treated with the greatest repect.
A deush in every Loom (in the toilet of cause)
And 5 to 12 inches of young Male apendage
that will fix most of your needs.
Just Jokeing,, the is an Add For Monty's B& B
Just ask L.M.T.U. He will tell you ALL.

Now a dirty joke. (Keep it all in the family)
A 16 y.o. girl asked her dad for 10 dollars.
He Said NO Iv'e given you every thing you have ever wanted.
Now you must give me something.
What she said.
A head job, he said.
O.K. she said.
When she got down on him, She came up and said this taste shitty.
Yes He said; Your brother just ask me for a motor bike .

Mai Pen Rai. ( Never Mind.)

April 3rd, 2006, 15:37
I hope this helps. I tried it once and hated it and felt no benefits. Others I know go regularly.

Pun intended, I'm sure.

April 3rd, 2006, 18:42
he's the expert on this matter.

April 4th, 2006, 17:17
It's Wowpow you want; he's the expert on this matter.

Irrigated yours, has he?

April 4th, 2006, 18:59
no..but he used to give Hedda the sh*ts. :bounce: :compress: :bom:

April 5th, 2006, 15:00
no..but he used to give Hedda the sh*ts. :bounce: :compress: :bom:

That's funny!

But I heard they were in a paper bag.

On her doorstep.

Set afire.

April 28th, 2006, 09:04
repeated post, sorry.

April 28th, 2006, 09:05
I asked one of my friends that is a biologist to research this for me to see if they know what they are doing. Since I got the idea from this post, I thought I would publish her reply here.

For Spa activities in Thailand.
My final verdict is Go For It.
They have a very large prep reading list, with varied authors. I worry a bit because I can't find what any of their major authors doctored in, but they are all doctors.
I think I have come up with an appropriate analogy to help you understand free radicals. Bumper Cars. Pretend that each car is an atom. You know how sometimes a bunch of cars will form a knot and you're all stuck? That's how atoms prefer to be; strongly bonded. Now imagine that one of them gets out of that knot. He is now free to go and cause damage by crashing into other cars. He is your free radical, trying to bond with other cars, but is unsuccessful and only manages to damage things. Luckily the other cars are equipped with rubber bumpers and seat belts, likewise your body is equipped with antioxidants, the Vitamins A,C, and E, and the Hormone Melatonin, to protect your cells from free radicals. Helpful, or not?
On the Liver flush recipe, I looked up what all the stuff does, or is thought to do.
Olive oil: "Olive oil is regarded as a healthful dietary oil because of its high content of monounsaturated fat (mainly Oleic acid) and polyphenols.
Research suggests that polyphenols are actually a powerful type of antioxidant with potential health benefits...Polyphenols have shown in many studies to prevent cancers of the colon, esophagus, liver, stomach, lung, breast, pancreas, and skin." (wikipedia.org)
Lemon juice: is very high in Vitamins C, K, B6, Potassium, and Folate. (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c20VG.html)
Garlic: "It may have some cancer-fighting properties because it is high in diallyl sulphide (DADs), believed to be an anticarcinogen.
In modern naturopathy, garlic is used as a treatment for intestinal worms.
Garlic cloves continue to be used by aficionados as a remedy for...digestive disorders..." (wikipedia.org). Garlic is high in Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, B6, Thiamin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Phosphorous, Potassium, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium, and Copper. (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c20dS.html)
Ginger: "Ginger root also contains many antioxidants...The gingerols have analgesic, sedative, antipyretic, antibacterial, and GI tract motility effects." (wikipedia.com). Ginger is a good source of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese. (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c20dT.html)
Cayenne: "...Is believed to have many beneficial medicinal qualites, especially for the pulminary and digestive systems." (wikipedia.org). Cayenne is "...a good source of Riboflavin, Niacin, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6 and Manganese." (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c203F.html)
Orange Juice "is also a good source of Thiamin and Potassium, and a very good source of Vitamin C and Folate." (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c20Vr.html)
That stuff is called mucoid plaque.
Wikipedia says "Mucoid plaque or mucoid rope is claimed to be a thick coating of plaque in the colon. Despite the absence of scientific evidence of its existence, it has acquired urban myth status as a phenomenon widely believed within holistic health circles.
A concept promoted in particular by naturopath Dr. Richard Anderson N.D. N.M.D," Anderson is one of their major authors, "it is said to develop from unhealthy, usually Western, lifestyle factors such as eating meat and processed foods, taking pharmaceutical medicine, caffeine and stress...Mucoid plaque is said to inhibit the body's ability to properly digest food and metabolize toxins by blocking digestion, constricting the passage of stools and accumulating toxins that pass into the bloodstream...However, there is no mention of the phenomenon in scientific literature, and doctors who view the interior of the colon regularly (via colonoscopy, bowel surgery and pathology) have never reported seeing anything like it. Neither is any such material expelled by the strong laxatives used routinely to purge the colon before colonoscopy.
Ideas for treatment
Enemas, rigorous fasting and herbal treatments are said to expel the plaque, which appears as a rope-like rubbery stool matching the shape and length of the large intestine.
Tests on some of several treatments available to remove mucoid plaque have suggested that the claimed plaque is actually a cast of the intestine made by the ingredients of the cleanse тАФ typically bentonite and psyllium."
Anderson says, "was due to caked layers of encrusted mucus mixed with fecal matter, bizarrely resembling hardened blackish-green truck tire rubber or an old piece of dried rawhide. I call this mucoid plaque. This mucoid plaque, when it is removed during an intensive colon cleanse, often shows ropelike twists, striations, overlaps, folds, creasesтАФthe shape and texture of the intestinal wall.

Mucoid plaque may vary considerably, depending on the chemical conditions in a personтАЩs intestines. It may be hard and brittle; it may be firm and thick; tough, wet, and rubbery; soft, thick, and mucoid; or soft, transparent, and thin; it can range in color from light brown, black, or greenish-black to yellow or grey, and sometimes emits an intensely foul odor...I coined the term mucoid plaque, meaning a film of mucus, to describe the unhealthy accumulation of abnormal mucous matter on the walls of the intestines...When the body has been chronically subjected to (or put under attack by) drugs (such as aspirin or alcohol), salt, heavy metals (including dental mercury), toxic chemicals, parasites, harmful microbes and their toxins, and circulating immune complexes (immune cells locked onto undigested particles or foreign substances in the bloodstream), it produces mucoid plaque to protect itself.
The trouble is once the mucoid plaque is created, for whatever biologically important reason, it is not routinely excreted from the intestines. Instead it lodges in the numerous folds and crevices of this large organ and can remain there for many years. Over time, the mucoid plaque grows thicker, firmer, and more widespreadтАФcolonizing, as it were, the tennis courtтАУsized interior of the intestines. Old feces adhere to the plaque and are not removed during a normal bowel motion.
The plaque slows down intestinal action, both waste excretion and nutrient absorption. It can harbor pathogens, including bacteria and parasites, which actually hide underneath the plaque; it may block the normal outflow of lymph and mucin drainage. It binds toxins to itself and contributes to bowel toxicity, slowly emitting toxins into the bloodstream. Finally, plaque creates a friendly environment for disease, in some cases for colon cancer and gastric carcinomas.
Gradually your immune system is weakened as the chronically toxic bowel environment destroys useful bacteria. Your liver becomes overburdened by the unprocessed intestinal toxins, and nerve meridian points in the intestines related to hundreds of other parts of the body are compromised."
It might be Holistic Hogwash, or it might be true and necessary. I say do it. If it doesn't actively help, it will not actively hurt, either. They are taking care to maintain proper a bacterial environment, and want you there for at least 10-14 days for monitoring and proper re-entry to normal eating habits. "please allow a few days before your fast date, & also a few days after to break the fast correctly. So, 10-14 or more days is best...It is also important to come off a cleanse correctly. You can figure 3-5 days of the fruit/vegetable diet and taking special replacement lactobacteria." And the occasional fast is good for your body.
Is there anything else I can look up for you?

Note -- I edited this about an hour later because I had left out 2 sentences in my cut and paste. It was having trouble with my e-mail format so I pasted paragraph by paragraph and I left some out. Also I fixed a couple of misspelled words.

cottmann
April 28th, 2006, 09:15
... That stuff is called mucoid plaque.
Mucoid plaque or mucoid rope is claimed to be a thick coating of plaque in the colon....
It might be Holistic Hogwash, or it might be true and necessary. ...

Holistic hogwash indeed and largely quoted from Wikipedia!

If such stuff existed, surgeons would insist on colonic irrigation (a fancy word for an enema) before any bowel surgery. They don't because the bowels are self-cleaning.

Smiles
April 28th, 2006, 09:19
Many years ago in a Vancouver disco I picked up a gorgeous young man who said to me (later that night in a sleazy hotel room and a sultry voice) after I attempted to slip a surrepticious middle finger up his ass: " ... sorry guy, tongues or cocks only! ... " .

I took that startling comment to heart and never forgot it, and I'd give the same advice to you regarding the eerie and off-putting ideas revolving around the invasive cleansing of one's butt, colon, upper intestine and/or places even further up. Let it be.
They do this kind of ritual in back jungle areas of Haiti and Zimbabwe I do believe ... in little circles by candle light surrounded by a ring of human skulls.

Cheers ..

April 28th, 2006, 09:46
... That stuff is called mucoid plaque.
Mucoid plaque or mucoid rope is claimed to be a thick coating of plaque in the colon....
It might be Holistic Hogwash, or it might be true and necessary. ...

Holistic hogwash indeed and largely quoted from Wikipedia!

If such stuff existed, surgeons would insist on colonic irrigation (a fancy word for an enema) before any bowel surgery. They don't because the bowels are self-cleaning.

Yes I should have been clear that I asked her what many claim to be the benefit and what many claim to be the harm. She in no way would say she agreed with the idea of mucoid rope, and put in there that many believe the stuff to be the byproduct of the psyllium and bentonite . . . She also said that the place does replenish the good bacteria lost from the enema. Her take . . . good for the fast properties, probably hogwash on most of it, but not going to cause any real harm.

April 28th, 2006, 10:45
I just read the entore lengthy post describing a bowel movement - how low have I sunk?

I have friends in california (where else?) who swear by psillium. Looks like sawdust to me - although I believe sawdust is far more digestible.

I suppose, if I had any problems in the digestive department, that I'd prefer to swallow my medicine than have it pumped up the netherlands - excet in an emergency situation. Of course, I do not prefer to have *anything* going in there...

Conventional medical opinion often differs from holistic - but the the CW is that enemas and their ilk are fine - but not as a habitual practice as there are all sorts of useful bacteria that enjoy quite the symbiotic relationship with the human bowels.

April 28th, 2006, 19:45
I just read the entore lengthy post describing a bowel movement - how low have I sunk?

you read my post . . . I pondered this thread for two weeks . . . we should just go crap, get a beer, and ponder over who is worse off (':idea:')

April 29th, 2006, 13:05
you read my post . . . I pondered this thread for two weeks . . . we should just go crap, get a beer, and ponder over who is worse off (':idea:')

Mix prune juice with the beer, then take a crap--everything will come out all right in the end--and no one can accuse us of being full of it. (Add holy water--And start a religious movement.)

Did you ever wonder if people who get off on enemas...get off on enemas? :8(

wowpow
April 29th, 2006, 18:48
"It's called colonic irrigation and it's not to be sniffed at"

Edina Monsoon - Absolutely Fabulous.