PDA

View Full Version : taxi from Phuket airport

thrillbill
April 8th, 2009, 05:46
Was wondering if taxis are always available from the Phuket airport to take one to Patpong?
I have always had a private hotel driver wait for me, but thought I'd try a taxi... I think by meter it runs around 300 baht?

giggsy
April 8th, 2009, 07:45
gra46 is there at the moment..give him a pm ..i'm sure he will pick you up on his motorcy ..if he's not too drunk to get the key in the ignition that is.

rincondog
April 8th, 2009, 08:08
I believe a meter taxi to patpong is closer to 400 or 450B. The limo charge is 550.

Smiles
April 8th, 2009, 12:44
Taxi to Patong Beach from the airport is 500 baht.

Regular meter taxis are non-existent in Phuket (besides the airport taxi service). Once you get to Patong your transport options are: rent a car/motorbike; local bus; private care hire; motorcyle taxi; song taeow/tuk tuk.

TrongpaiExpat
April 8th, 2009, 22:00
For 600B per day you can get a Suzuki Sporty 1.3 manual or 1000B per day for an easy to drive Honda Jazz at Nine Car Rent (http://www.ninecarrent.com/index.htm)

April 9th, 2009, 02:14
Been there once (4 months ago) & it's easy:
Stroll out the door of the terminal, hard right ~100~200m & there's a counter handing out meter taxi tickets, complete with details of how complain if necessary & advising you the fare will be not more than 450 bht.
Jump in meter taxi, pay at destination. 400~450 bht.

markie1
April 9th, 2009, 02:23
Been there once & it's easy:
Stroll out the door of the terminal, hard right ~100~200m & there's a counter handing out meter taxi tickets, complete with details of how complain if necessary & advising you the fare will be not more than 450 bht.
i paid 600 baht last time ,and i think 550 to go back ,you can jump on a mini bus for 300, but i dont think you will find a taxi metre there ,there all very much in tio ripping people off these days at Phucket airport .

Brad the Impala
April 9th, 2009, 15:13
i paid 600 baht last time ,and i think 550 to go back ,you can jump on a mini bus for 300, but i dont think you will find a taxi metre there ,there all very much in tio ripping people off these days at Phucket airport .

Never been ripped off at Phuket Airport in 30 years! Now I just take the limo service from inside the terminal, fixed rates to all parts of the island, paid directly to the desk in the terminal. Around 600 to Patong. No queues, they put your luggage straight into the comfortable car waiting just outside the terminal building.

Beachlover
April 16th, 2009, 08:41
Been there once & it's easy:

Not true... You need to look further out from the airport entrance. All the rip of guys surround the airport entrance because they have paid a fee/bribe to be there. If you want a fair price, then when you come out, turn right and walk about 50 metres. You'll see a big stand with a sign that says "taxi metre". Get a taxi from them and it is by the metre... you won't pay more than 450 baht.

But if you go with one of the guys at the entrance... you won't pay less than 550 to 600. Some will ask for 700.

blazer
April 16th, 2009, 08:54
If you are not in a big hurry, hotel shuttle van tickets are available just outside the door for 150 baht and leave every few minutes. The Paradise complex is one of their first stops.