PDA

View Full Version : how many are reconsidering a trip to LOS

Wesley
April 7th, 2009, 09:35
How many are re-thinking the usual trip to LOS? It seems the posts suggests things are quiet there in many ways. I wonder how many like me took a pretty good hit in the market and are more likely to reconsider their trip until things seem to stabilize, which may take several years. My business in the Philippines is still on , but the extras are in the process of reconsideration now that it seems this is not going to be a quick recovery and may in-fact get worse.

Wes

pyro
April 7th, 2009, 11:00
I was originally planning on a trip in December or January but decided to move my time table up to take advantage of the cheap airfares and hotels. I know it is the hot season, but I figured I can deal with it to save a few bucks.

April 7th, 2009, 11:55
I'm here right now and there's a some buzz going on around the hotel about what people are expecting to happen; one gent, who lives here, suggested it could get very bloody.

I'm supposed to head to Pattaya tomorrow, but from what I"m hearing with the ASEAN summit this coming Friday, there's going to be more demonstrations there too.

I'm keeping an eye on the exit and if things start going south and if I can get out, I'll head to the Philippines for my last week.

Wesley
April 10th, 2009, 01:14
I could care less if I am missed or not, the subject was how many are rethinking the situation right now. it isn't looking good. But I am sure I will find some time for pattya in December if things improve at all.

Wes

markie1
April 10th, 2009, 03:06
I could care less if I am missed or not, the subject was how many are rethinking the situation right now. it isn't looking good. But I am sure I will find some time for pattya in December if things improve at all.

Wes
WEll i am heading there in May so hoping things stay peaceful.

April 10th, 2009, 08:53
I spend a few days in Bangkok and I'm in Pattaya now.
Besides being really quiet and a few police roadblocks, I haven't seen anything to alarm me.
I saw a truck load of red protesters outside Bangkok in the west and that was pretty much it. I know they're out there, just haven't seen many.

x in pattaya
April 10th, 2009, 16:53
I'm here right now and there's a some buzz going on around the hotel about what people are expecting to happen; one gent, who lives here, suggested it could get very bloody.

Why was someone who lives here buzzing around your hotel?

This message board is awash with "gents" who live here. I would think that alone would teach you that gents who live here tend to be hysterical, attention-seeking ninnies whose contact with reality is tenuous and whose insight into local events is most often inspired by severe autonomic instability and hallucinatory reactions to substance abuse.

April 10th, 2009, 21:20
often my dick rules over my head, and i will find a way to fund a tip to LOS one way or the other. it's the smiles, flawless perfect bodies, and the fact that there are hundreds to choose from make me want to come/cum again and again.

Wesley
April 12th, 2009, 01:14
often my dick rules over my head, and i will find a way to fund a tip to LOS one way or the other. it's the smiles, flawless perfect bodies, and the fact that there are hundreds to choose from make me want to come/cum again and again.

Indeed!
Wes

DCbob
April 12th, 2009, 02:40
I finished a 4 month visit in March. Will be coming back in November or December.

anakot
April 12th, 2009, 17:29
Thanks for the thread Wesley.

As a regular visitor every few months I was caught by the yellow shits in late Nov last year and had to stay 2 extra weeks. Due again this week but decided to wait a bit until next week to see how it all goes. So yes am reconsidering. Of course the cock lure will get me back asap. things settle. Lets hope the army finds their misplaced backbone and sorts the red shits out.

x in pattaya
April 12th, 2009, 19:08
Lets hope the army finds their misplaced backbone and sorts the red shits out.

He said from a safe distance.

DCbob
April 12th, 2009, 22:27

This is the first time safe distance has been used in this thread.

x in pattaya
April 12th, 2009, 23:02

This is the first time safe distance has been used in this thread.

This is the first time "this is the first time" has been used in this thread as well. So what?

Alaan
April 13th, 2009, 00:10
I am due to arrive in Bangkok on Wednesday. Providing KLM are continuing to fly into Bangkok I'll be there as planned, I'm definitely not reconsidering...... If there is a problem with carriers not going because things change for the worse......i will just have do what i did when the Yellow shirts were at the airport in Nov/Dec.....wait until the carriers are flying again.

I have a Thai friend in Bangkok and provided the airport and routes out of it aren't affected he will be there to meet me as usual....i have accomodation booked in Bangkok, Pattaya and plan to go to Issan...but i'm not bothered if any plans have to change...hotels can be cancelled and as we have our own car, if we cannot get to silom or pattaya or wherever we will just head up north earlier than planned....time isn't a problem in my case so it will be a 'play it by ear' situation.

Having said all that......I am certainly not going to be lax about the situation...and of course I'm concerned that any escalation could be violent ....more from the context that innocent Thais no doubt will be affected, i will try to be as aware as possible to any change in the mood anywhere... but not to the extent that it will put me off going. As a visitor with no interest in Thai politics or taking sides i would expect to simply be ignored... and it is just a case of trying to keep away from the powder-keg situations and not get involved.. i think you will find that is the attitute of most Thais as well.

Most of my Thai friends have very little interest in the politics of their own country... they vote... but to be honest they just mistrust ALL politicians and simply re-adjust to the policies of whoever is in power at the time...normal life in Thailand just seems to go on as near normal as possible no matter what chaos seems to be occuring around the country.

We will just have to wait and see if this particular situation is any different or worse than the other coups, birdflu, yellow shirt problems etc....

DCbob
April 13th, 2009, 05:56
He said from a safe distance.[/quote]

This is the first time safe distance has been used in this thread.[/quote]

This is the first time "this is the first time" has been used in this thread as well. So what?[/quote]

When you said "he said from a safe distance", I would assume that there would be something in the thread that has "he said from a safe distance". And then to top that off: Who is He?

April 13th, 2009, 07:29
I'm no longer reconsidering. I was able to book a flight back to the UK from Singapore last night at a very reasonable price. The original plan was to spend Thursday to Sunday and connect with the return leg of my outward flight. Sorry if X thinks that makes me a drama queen but my friends all over the region have agreed it's the wisest move.

x in pattaya
April 13th, 2009, 09:46
And then to top that off: Who is He?

I'm not sure if English is your first language, but if we look real closely

The quote clearly states that anakot wrote this. Is it really such a mystery who "he" is? Anakot made the comment about the army having a misplaced backbone (which apparently means that they were following orders) and he made this brave statement from a safe distance.

DCbob
April 13th, 2009, 10:02
English is my first language.
When a person "quotes" something they are using the exact words, not using any editorial license at all.
And in your case, you put in what you wanted to, not what Anakot said.

x in pattaya
April 13th, 2009, 10:39
Sorry if X thinks that makes me a drama queen but my friends all over the region have agreed it's the wisest move.

Deciding to come or not to come doesn't make you a drama queen.

Carry on in a public forum about blood in the streets or making ill-informed comments about the strength or weakness of the Prime Minister or the security forces simply because you're white and think that means you are better equipped to make decisions than Thais are, is being a drama queen mak mak.

It's a big bad world we live in. Shit happens. If it's all too much for you, at least crawl off into the shadows before weeping uncontrollably.

The prime minister and the security forces may or may not always do the right thing, but they are still better positioned to make those decisions than some pseudo-intellectual shop assistant on holiday in Asia.

x in pattaya
April 13th, 2009, 10:46
English is my first language.
When a person "quotes" something they are using the exact words, not using any editorial license at all.
And in your case, you put in what you wanted to, not what Anakot said.

I quoted him exactly doofus. I didn't edit his words.

I made the comment that what he said was said from a safe distance. Those were my words. You may have noticed that people read messages here and then they use their own words to respond. You've been blathering on and on using your own words. It's how message boards work. You say something and I say something.

If someone quotes Obama and then adds "he was speaking from the White House," that isn't exercising editorial license or fiddling with the quote.

x in pattaya
April 13th, 2009, 11:50
Thanks for the thread Wesley.

Here's a great video showing how proper crowd control should be handled. It seems appropriate the police are dressed in yellow. At least one woman wearing orange appeared to have some balls.

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2009/ ... sters.html (http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2009/01/video-british-police-run-away-from-allah-akhbar-screaming-muslim-protesters.html)

giggsy
April 13th, 2009, 12:18
Here's a great video showing how proper crowd control should be handled.

[youtube:374y1was]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqD1KLnOlqE[/youtube:374y1was]