View Full Version : Bitten by the Snake

April 2nd, 2006, 07:36
I was supposed to visit the LOS in October of 2002 but took a new job and didn't make the trip. I have been reading this forum and the old one since 2001. I watched from afar as the old board was in trouble during the last days and wondered if my connection to Pattaya would be lost. I always look at the different websites concerning Pattaya and wondered if I would ever make the trip. I finally made the journey leaving America on the 22nd of March.

I spent my first few days in Bangkok and did not go to a bar at all just His Massage on Silom Road which in my mind was a nice place. I just did my own thing and took a few tours. I had arranged to go to Pattaya on Saturday for two nights and left Bangkok on Saturday morning. I arrived as grreen as a pickle not knowing anything but just the information I had read. I stayed at the Cafe LeRoyal as I just wanting to get my feet wet and and someplce I felt safe with, so if I needed direction I had some. The hotel was very nice and staff pleasant and helpful. I discovered what the Baht Bus was all about after I paid 100 Baht to go to Jotieum Beach. LOL The learning curve was fun. The Pattaya Music Festival was going on, I didn't go just heard about it.

Saturday night I went to Throb and since I haven't seen the show it was good, I had several drinks so I didn't venture off of the Soi. It was almost midnight went I left Throb and feeling alright after my drinks when I entered Funny Boyz. I knew about the "off process" from my reading not was not sure about this. I am no saint and have partaken in such in other countries around the world. The snake was getting ready as I sat there and ordered my drink. Two little rattlers jumped up and was at myside, a customer had enterted so all the guys to the stage. The two rattlers were batering for my attention while I sat. I waited for everyone to make the full circle before I made my choice. There was a slender tall guy who was shy and only made eye contact once. I knew that it was going to be him, he came and sat. He knew hardly no English and I knew no Thai but eye contact and sign language made it work. We left.

He had been offed only four times and had only been working for 4 months. I decided to finish my holiday with him. I had to return to Bangkok Monday morning and so left Pattaya to return to the Holiday Inn Silom. I know that I have gone there and now must deal with all the personal issues but I am at peace with myself.

A little about myself since I am a newbie. I am 41 single male in the Southeast of AMerica. I work all the time and only take time off about 4 days a month. I have been 2 long term relationships in my life. Now since I have been to Pattaya I can see a trip every six months.

The only thing I do not like is the attitude of Customs when reentering the US. I know what the perception is all about and I guess it is something to accept. I just wonder how it will be if I start making a trip twice a year.

I know there are gaps in my post or not much flow but just wanted to express myself. I am open for the on slaught of review LOL. By the way did I mention he called and woke me up t 0130 AM this morning........................................... ......................................

Thanks for letting me be part of this community
GPG

April 2nd, 2006, 07:48
gpg306 in that part of the world its the king Cobra you want to watch out for.

April 2nd, 2006, 08:24
Hey gpg306, Thanks for sharing your first impressions and experience. Almost every person here had a first LOS visit.

I too have found some of the US Customs guys a bit pushy and arrogant about a single male taking a holiday in Thailand. I find it best to answer their questions and smile.

April 2nd, 2006, 08:32
He had been offed only four times and had only been working for 4 months.

1 offend in one month ?

Sure the snake has bitten you !

gpg306, i not want to harm you, but i do not believe in " He had been offed only four times and had only been working for 4 months.". It is a mine field, just not trap on the mines !

bing
April 2nd, 2006, 09:13
The first trip to Pattaya is an eye opening experience for many of us. Pattayafile (sorry I think I made the word up) might be used to describe the phenomenon. Wait till you are on the high side of 65 and you waltz past customs, I do the smile thing and good morning sir, but it is still a pain, I must think it is worth the effort as I do return the next year like the swallows to Capistrano, or more aptly the Monarch butterflies to their favorite area in Mexico for breeding in the winter.

April 2nd, 2006, 09:16
After all the complaints on here about the attitude of US customs, I keep waiting for it to happen to me! After 8 trips in 5 years now, I've yet to have more than a "have a nice trip?" asked of me and never had my luggage searched. This is customes at LAX. I'm curious of our newbie, what exactly was the "attitude" he experienced from customs upon returning??

April 2nd, 2006, 10:36
Maybe it was a 14 hour ride from Seoul to Atlanta, or my perception conerning what the US thinks of vistors to Thailand. On my custom form a number with a circle was ridden. I was sk if I was on vacation, nature of trip, and just the stare. I answered correctly but was nervous and I guessed it showed. I had nothing to hide. I traveled with my laptop and there is nothing on there other than gay favorite websites. No x pics or anything. I wonder what will happen when I start going to Pattaya every six months. I have my next trip for October. Ticket in hand already.

April 2nd, 2006, 10:46
Never once had a customs agent attitude problem when entering the USA. That's after perhaps 7 trips. I think it might be guilty conscience maybe.

bucknaway
April 2nd, 2006, 10:59
I can remember my first off... It was Chiang Mai... Adams Apple... I had a hard time deciding if I liked the muscle guy with golden honey colored skin... Or if I liked the slim guy who's skin color matched that of my own.... I just could not decide so I offed them both. I don't know what I was thinking but what could have been a 3 way was more of a tag team event. Once one guy left the room to the bathroom, the other would do more to please me but would hold back when the other guy came back into the room.

They both seem to be shy with me when the other was there to witness just what they would do to service me... But I enjoyed it and felt it was money well spent.

April 2nd, 2006, 13:35
The only thing I do not like is the attitude of Customs when reentering the US. I know what the perception is all about and I guess it is something to accept. I just wonder how it will be if I start making a trip twice a year.

You sound like a genuine guy. You do not deserve to be accepting put-downs from jobsworths. Pity them and their narrow minds and get on with enjoying your life. BTW he maybe inzaggerating (I invented that word to mean the opposite of exaggerating) about the number of "offs". Don't ask him who else he writes to but do be aware he may be a python rather than a rattler. Beware the squeeze.

April 2nd, 2006, 20:19
If the boy says he has only been offed once a month...fine...go with it and enjoy more of the fantasty! He is there to make you happy so enjoy him and what he says and does to make you feel good.

As far as coming back to the USA, yeah, custom agents can be a pain, but just smile...you just came back from Paradise...he is has been in Los Angeles or some other dreary place...forever!

April 11th, 2006, 09:02
Top this. I was commuting MONTHLY for 3 months from Miami to Pattaya. Never had a question from customs in USA. (Flew into SFO though -- not sure if entry port makes a difference). However, I live on South Beach, so I wouldn't blink twice if someone asked me.

atri1666
April 11th, 2006, 09:51
Your worst enemy must admit that. For more than 20 years i am going to thailand and never have had a customs control in germany. The last was when i went transit through eastgermany. Here never was asked for laptop or pictures and nobody wants to know from where i am coming. I am always angry because i not took more duty free cigarettes.