PDA

View Full Version : flights from LOS to Siem Reap

thrillbill
April 6th, 2009, 05:54
Any other fights to Siem Reap from BKK other than Bangkok Airlines?

ceejay
April 6th, 2009, 06:28
So far as I know, only Siem Reap Air. Since they have joint ticketing with Bangkok Airways, that's effectively no choice at all. Also, looking at the Siem Reap Air website, there seems to be an announcement about suspension of services - but the link is dead, so you can't get any more information. They only scheduled flights they are booking are internal ones between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh - they must be having problems of some sort. That seems to be confirmed by the Bangkok Air site, that is only booking PG (Bangkok Air operated) flights on the route at the moment.

fedssocr
April 6th, 2009, 06:36
I seem to remember reading recently that Siem Reap Airways was wrapped back into Bangkok Airways.

Looks like they are your only choice for a direct, non-stop flight which also looks to the least expensive. I have flown with them several times on various routes and always have had a pleasant experience.

Khor tose
April 6th, 2009, 09:21
Any other fights to Siem Reap from BKK other than Bangkok Airlines?

Extend your vacation and fly into Laos or Vietnam. Both Lao Air and Mekong air fly to Siem Reap. You can also fly Thai air to Phnom Phen where you can take a bus or a boat to Siem Reap, but it is a long trip.

April 6th, 2009, 14:06
if you book online you can sometimes get good deals from Bangkok Airways.

Was in LP last month after an absence of 6 years. Most places still shut at 11:30 but there is now a "bowling alley" on the outskirts which stays open until 3 am and seves whiskey and beer.

thrillbill
April 6th, 2009, 17:36
if you book online you can sometimes get good deals from Bangkok Airways.

Was in LP last month after an absence of 6 years. Most places still shut at 11:30 but there is now a "bowling alley" on the outskirts which stays open until 3 am and seves whiskey and beer.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO... Yes, I just checked on Bangkok Airways and they have a special price for the summer...close to 6000 baht round trip - not as thrifty as Asia Airlines, but Bangkok Air is certainly a nicer airline to fly on.

April 7th, 2009, 02:25
Overland is about 4 hours on a bus or 6 hours on a train to the border then about 2 hours in a taxi for another $35 or so.
Then you get to see some of the country too.