PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

April 3rd, 2009, 20:05
A colleague of mine made a statement to me yesterday..."The only thing Thailand's good for is cheap whores and hustlers!"
I wondered what you guys thought of this statement?

Davidjewel
April 3rd, 2009, 20:23
He's only half right...

April 6th, 2009, 19:01
Obviously all in agreement!
And to think I went there for the culture and history, sheeesh!

April 6th, 2009, 19:26

Obviously you are the type of idiot that likes to put words in other people's mouths.

I didn't aswer your original question as I thought it beneath contempt and hoped that the thread would die the death it deserves. Since you have now bumped it up again here's my answer :
Only fat Australian loudmouths come here for the cheap whores because the ugly Australian whores aren't worth a fuck.

CoffeeBreak
April 6th, 2009, 19:44
A colleague of mine made a statement to me yesterday..."The only thing Thailand's good for is cheap whores and hustlers!"

Your colleague has it right.
The secret to living in Thailand is:

"Enjoy the whores, ignore the hustlers".

kittyboy
April 6th, 2009, 21:52

I am a much more well rounded individual. I am certainly not as shallow as others who post on this board. To demonstrate that I am a deep individual I state for the record - "I do not go to thailand just for the sex."
I go to thailand for the cheap whores and the inexpensive white rice.

francois
April 7th, 2009, 00:55
I think I would not go to Thailand if not for the hustlers. Most all gays who come to Thailand come for the pleasures of the flesh.

April 7th, 2009, 01:44
I go to thailand for the cheap whores and the inexpensive white rice.
Not only the white rice, but the sticky rice and the mangoes, too.

krobbie
April 7th, 2009, 02:33
Guys ... I seem to be in the minority here.
I can say that in 3 years I have had sex with only 2 Thai guys. One Go GO from Phuket and one from Bar Beer in Phuket.

Over the same period of time though I have been to Ayuthaya, National Museum, National Art Gallery a myriad of temples in and around BKK plus Chalong in Phuket and others in Krabi, Nakon Si Thammarat, Hua Hin. I actually do come for the culture and for my Pakistani / Turkish guy who lives and works in BKK.

Does all his make me an oddity. I guess in view of the fact that I am also short (forgive the pun) one leg, I guess I am a rarity in any case.

I have come to really love BKK, apart from the shitty air that always makes me sick at least once during each stay.

I am not yet sure that if my guy lived in New Zealand with me Thailand would hold the same magic.

Kittyboy ... I too enjoy the cheap white rice and all the other roadside foods.

The picture is of my guy and I at the old Summer Palace in Hua Hin. Some Canadian guy with a broad smile had taken us to sight-see.

Cheers
krobbie[attachment=0:1mm9di75]B&K_Summer_Palce.jpg[/attachment:1mm9di75]

jolyjacktar
April 7th, 2009, 04:03
Hey nice pic Krobbie, i like to see happy people

Bob
April 7th, 2009, 09:33
I can say that in 3 years I have had sex with only 2 Thai guys.

But, Krobbie, 4,832 times with the same two guys?

Khun Smiles and I will have to do some introductions.....

Khor tose
April 7th, 2009, 09:37
Over the same period of time though I have been to Ayuthaya, National Museum, National Art Gallery a myriad of temples in and around BKK plus Chalong in Phuket and others in Krabi, Nakon Si Thammarat, Hua Hin. I actually do come for the culture and for my Pakistani / Turkish guy who lives and works in BKK.
Does all his make me an oddity.

Not in my book, sounds more like it makes you a well rounded person. You two make a great looking couple.

April 7th, 2009, 20:41

Obviously you are the type of idiot that likes to put words in other people's mouths.

I didn't aswer your original question as I thought it beneath contempt and hoped that the thread would die the death it deserves. Since you have now bumped it up again here's my answer :
Only fat Australian loudmouths come here for the cheap whores because the ugly Australian whores aren't worth a fuck.

Why thank you bargearse (matches your filthy bargemouth I would imagine.) Welcome to the forum, nice to see a new member making a right cunt of himself. As for "beneath contempt"......I'm sure you're no stranger to that.

April 9th, 2009, 14:20
[quote="krobbie"]Guys ... I seem to be in the minority here.
I can say that in 3 years I have had sex with only 2 Thai guys. One Go GO from Phuket and one from Bar Beer in Phuket.

Does all his make me an oddity. I guess in view of the fact that I am also short (forgive the pun) one leg, I guess I am a rarity in any case.

I have come to really love BKK, apart from the shitty air that always makes me sick at least once during each stay.

I am not yet sure that if my guy lived in New Zealand with me Thailand would hold the same magic.

The picture is of my guy and I at the old Summer Palace in Hua Hin. Some Canadian guy with a broad smile had taken us to sight-see.

Cheers
krobbie[attachment=0:7rs6c4q6]B&K_Summer_Palce.jpg[/attachment:7rs6c4q6][/quote

Hi krobbie, I have also visited Ayuthaya and Bang pa in, truly beautiful places. Strangely enough I really do enjoy the culture and history of Thailand. We've all done the bar boy thing but sometimes it's nice to look at the bigger picture.
We travelled back to BKK by boat and it was fascinating from start to end. I also enjoy Chiang Mai and surrounds.
That's why I was kinda shocked when someone said to me about the "only good thing."
It's a shame we have idiots like "bargearse" to divert a genuine question on this forum. Thankfully other members had more constructive comments.

April 9th, 2009, 15:20
I agree with Krobbie, soooooooooo much more than sex, sex isn't even a deciding factor for me on whether to go there. I do though know how unbelievably happy and sexy I get to see certain people, but just to be there is what turns me on in so many other ways too.

Your 'colleague' is jaded baby. Mexico city?

MARK
April 9th, 2009, 17:33
Personally think itтАЩs a sad statement about Thailand and its people and seem sorry so many of you agree with it. :shaking:

krobbie
April 9th, 2009, 17:59
And there was I thinking I was the only Thailand stalker left. It's not the boys that draw me back ... but the man. Yes, my guy ... and Thailand itself I guess.

bigaussieal, we did the boat trip back to BKK also (see picture of upper deck). It's stuff like that hokey touristy boat trip back from age old ruins that just make such wonderful memories.

[attachment=2:2hzzcmnd]B&me.jpg[/attachment:2hzzcmnd]

The boat trip may have been touristy but it was a long trip and I really got to see so much along the Chao Phraya.

I have done some startling things and some hum-drum things. Seen the breathtaking and the amazing and I have hardly scratched the surface of this fascinating place.

Some of the Thai people I see regularly also make me smile inside. In particular one head-monk I visit every time I am in BKK, the young lady close to my guys gym who makes me hot Madeline cakes while I wait, (not sure what they are called in Thai) and the people at the temple massage in south east Sathorn. I still have yet to see another farang there when my guy and I go for our 60 baht, one hour Thai massage and the pleasure of giving twice that each to the masseuses (or sometimes masseur) in tip.

There's also the youngish muslim girl who makes the best beef salad (behind Robinson's in Sathorn) and always makes me sweet tea even though she doesn't sell it. The lady at my laundry shop-house who says not to bother to give instructions any more as she doesn't know what I am saying but knows just how I like my laundry done and never charges me when she does a repair she deems necessary. These are the things that make me want to hug them.

There is also one other person I always like to aknowledge when I see her. She is a security guard at the BTS Saphan Thaksin station. She always looks immaculate and tries to keep a serious disposition but always ends up smiling broadly when we see one another, sometimes several times in a day.

And then there's the plain weird places we end up. Like the elephant place. Who would think of building a giant elephant with three heads that is so large you can go inside and up five stories inside.

[attachment=1:2hzzcmnd]DSCN0691_1.jpg[/attachment:2hzzcmnd]

Although the building itself is odd and fantastical some of the interior wall and ceiling (especially the dome) is quite magnificent in some slightly/very eccentric way. My guy loved showing me this place as it is not all that old and he hadn't been there either.

One can be in a crush of people in Thailand or almost completely alone. For example with the madding crowd at the Queens Birthday celebrations at the park by the Grand Palace or wondering inside the old Summer Palace in Hua Hin. We were entirely by ourselves the whole time we were there except for one guy painting a railing. I could have made-off with the Chippendale chairs at the open-air dining room.

[attachment=0:2hzzcmnd]DSCN0547.jpg[/attachment:2hzzcmnd]

Having just flicked back over this thread I realise... I'm not alone. Next time you see some skinny old joker with a prosthetic right leg, just give hime a smile. It may well be me.

Cheers guys and thanks for letting me indulge myself in this.

krobbie

Brad the Impala
April 9th, 2009, 18:15
A great pean to the country and people of Thailand, Krobbie. Thank you for the pleasure it gave me.

x in pattaya
April 9th, 2009, 19:23
Personally think itтАЩs a sad statement about Thailand and its people and seem sorry so many of you agree with it. :shaking:

It's more of a sad statement about people who need to put others down in an attempt to raise their own self esteem.

If someoneтАЩs sole motivation in visiting Thailand is to get sex for pay and he finds it especially attractive that it's less expensive here than in many other places, then he is very likely blind to everything else on offer in the country and woefully ignorant of the nature of Thai people, which makes them so pleasant to be with.

And, if thatтАЩs you, you probably have some dim awareness that this charming combination of sex tourist and sticky shit puts you well and truly on the bottom rung of any social scale, so you attempt to deflect attention from yourself by trying to drag down anyone who is an easy target and not available to respond.

The guy I spend most of my time with did prostitute himself because of economic conditions over which he had no control, but I took advantage of that situation. If one of us can be described using pejoratives terms, then they would have to apply to us both. I would hardly be in a position to call him names while thinking of myself in superior terms.

As is true of many of the boys who find themselves in this position, he has turned out to be an intelligent, caring, talented, amusing person. I feel very blessed that he is now a part of my life, so I find it extremely offensive that he and others like him can be spoken of in such a way.

I love living in Thailand.
I love spending time in Bangkok visiting the shops, galleries, old neighborhoods etc.
I love shopping in the markets and seeing elephants in something close to their natural environment.
I love Thai art and the influence of China (among others) on art, architecture, design.
I love Thai food and never tire of eating it.
I love the pomp and pageantry of the royal family and the ancient traditions that have been maintained through the years.
I love the weather even when it rains too much.
I love walking about and seeing stunningly beautiful Thai males ...without always reducing them to sexual objects.
I love wats and the serenity one can sometimes feel just looking at a statue of Buddha.
I love the fact that my friend is beautiful and sexy but when heтАЩs not around I miss his presence for reason way beyond the sexualтАж and sometimes when I look at him IтАЩm amazed at how important he is to me.
I love the sense of well being he evokes in me and how proud I am of what heтАЩs been able to do with the little help IтАЩve given him.

I feel sorry for anyone who only knows Thailand from the inside of a gogo bar and whose only contact with Thais is short-term paid sexual contacts. That, however, does not reduce Thais or Thailand to such unpleasant labels, but it does speak volumes about those who take comfort in such dismissive, dehumanizing comments.

francois
April 10th, 2009, 00:47
Sex was the first thing that brought me to Thailand, and, in some form, keeps brining me back. Perhaps others came to LOS without that in mind but likely they came for sex and later fell in love with the country or their special friend? Would I keep returning for the Wats, the beaches, the horrible weather, the shops and the food? No. Would I recommend Thailand as a tourist destination to my friends? No. I think there are better tourist places to see in the world than Thailand. But I have a special friend, and also other Thai friends and many farang friends and I enjoy their companionship. If not for the bar scene I doubt that I would return.

ceejay
April 10th, 2009, 07:26
Different experiences for different people Francois. I've only visited Thailand 3 times (with a fourth booked for November), but it's the country I fell for. In fact, the whole SE Asia region.

First visit was the classic sex tourist trip - airport in Bangkok, limo direct to Pattaya, two weeks there and back to the airport. Fair enough, that's what I'd gone there for. Spent nine happy days with a boy from Udon Thani, who showed me around the area a bit. And ... he also told me about the Naga Festival at Nong Khai.

A two year break, but I always had it in the back of my mind that I would like to see that festival so, in 2007, booked a three week trip and spent a week in Nong Khai to see it. That's when I think I fell for the country - not in a big way, I just felt very at ease, very comfortable there. The rest of that trip was taken up with a few days in Bangkok, and another week in Pattaya. The Bangkok leg didn't work out as well as I might have hoped - I found it a bit overwhelming, and didn't use a guide. The week in Pattaya worked out well, meeting with avery compatible boy from the Panorama for a long time off.

Last year, I decided I wanted to take a side trip to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat and would also organise some time in BKK better (I was fortunate enough to find Oat as a guide). The original intention was to spend about a week in Pattaya on arrival but then I read about the Bon om Tuk water festival in Phnom Penh - decided I had to set some time aside for that too. The upshot was I kept shaving days off the Pattaya leg, until it was down to just 3 days - try as I might I just couldn't fit more time in for it.

This time, the plan is to spend a day or two in Ayutthaya, a week or so in Surin/BuriRam/Sissaketh - to see the Surin elephant roundup, and the surrounding area too. Then, overland to Pakse to spend say 10 days or so in Laos, travelling North in stages to Luang Prabang then back to BKK via Nong Khai/Udon Thani. I'd like to spend a few days in Pattaya but again, I doubt I have time.

So - I'm not knocking the sex tourist thing. If I had the time and money I'd probably make a second trip each year for a couple of weeks of debauchery in Sodom-on-Sea (aka Pattaya) and I'd have a great time too. As it is, I don't, so a holiday in Thailand is a holiday in Thailand - with the boy bars one of the many competing attractions.

As for what I like about Thailand, what draws me back - I don't know. Sure the noise and chaos of the streets, the elephants, the countryside, the food, the markets (Ilove all markets - especially Thai ones) and, the people. OK, I know a farang is a farang ia a farang, but in my few visits I have never been made to feel unwelcome. On the other hand, I have been on the receiving end of a good few kindnesses from total strangers. But - the bottom line is I feel comfortable and at ease in Thailand. I don't know why.

krobbie
April 10th, 2009, 08:47
I say, this thread is turning out much better than I had hoped. bigaussieal sure knows how to set a fire in us.

It would seem that there are some very like-minded types here that can respond to a post in short clipped and succinct ways but given the opportunity, can turn right around and share their insights and quite deep feelings.

I am enjoying the longer reads (x in Pattaya, ceejay, fran├зois). Some people can quite surprise me. I also like the fact that no-one has tried to stomp all over it with rude and discourteous comments and asides which can sometimes happen.

What I am beginning to see here is some honesty. Not just tacky fact and short quips, that are actually sometimes bloody hilarious and sometimes just NOT. But with us all thinking a little deeper than usual about our selves and our more intimate feelings of the "why", it could turn out quite well.

I hope bigaussieal doesn't think I am trying to highjack his thread, it just seems like a perfect opportunity to offer more than I have felt like doing for quite some time. Perhaps it is of the passing (in real terms) of some very important posters to this forum. And more photos. I don't know if some people only take photos of guys or what, but we all have some fantastic shots of Thailand and we don't show each other. I think I must have had an epiphany or some such as I rarely get into this mode.

I think, IMHO, the forum has needed this for a while and I hope to read many more statements and reveries from us all.

krobbie[attachment=0:2mjggp42]DSCN0855.jpg[/attachment:2mjggp42]

Happy Easter you all,
krobbie

Wesley
April 10th, 2009, 08:49
Guys ... I seem to be in the minority here.

Cheers
krobbie[attachment=0:2mpndrlr]B&K_Summer_Palce.jpg[/attachment:2mpndrlr]

Indeed, happy guys make me happy too, keep doing what makes you happy Krobbie.

Wes

krobbie
April 10th, 2009, 08:59
hot4thais ... are you deranged? Again with this "Nice one George" WTF?

krobbie
April 10th, 2009, 10:11

The reply was to WES u dumdum check the post you thick shit

But then why did you say George? And what's with the name calling? You have no idea who I am so keep you slurs to yourself, thanks.

x in pattaya
April 10th, 2009, 10:17

The reply was to WES u dumdum check the post you thick shit

Some annoying people can be quite amusing. Homitern, who I considered generally to be a pain in the ass, was often worth reading. Although his intention was usually to skewer someone (often me), he did it with skill and intelligence.

Then we have the tantrum throwers who obviously want attention but lack the skill or intelligence to say anything meaningful or amusing.

I guess the one thing I dislike about Thailand is that it seems to attract a small vocal minority of truly obnoxious farangs. Unfortunately the sexually frustrated, infantile, tantrum throwing, mouth breathing, drink til you puke, foul mouth cretins, such as your good self, tend to influence the way Thais view all farang.

Have a nice day.

April 10th, 2009, 10:44
... I love the fact that my friend is beautiful and sexy but when heтАЩs not around I miss his presence for reason way beyond the sexualтАж and sometimes when I look at him IтАЩm amazed at how important he is to me.
I love the sense of well being he evokes in me and how proud I am of what heтАЩs been able to do with the little help IтАЩve given him.

I feel sorry for anyone who only knows Thailand from the inside of a gogo bar and whose only contact with Thais is short-term paid sexual contacts. ....

A great post that sums up my feelings better than I could.
I get the same kind of comments here at home when people find out I visit Thailand regularly. They assume its only about sex-tourism and nothing else. One jackass at work even had the gall to trollishly ask me "So how much does a 12 year old girl go for now in Thailand"?
"Ten to fifteen years!" I told him.

I've gotten tired of trying to explain myself so when someone asks why I go to Thailand so much I tell them "Elephants walk in the streets and Orchids grow on telephone poles!"

puckered_penguin
April 10th, 2009, 10:48
[quote="krobbie"]I say, this thread is turning out much better than I had hoped. bigaussieal sure knows how to set a fire in us.
I think, IMHO, the forum has needed this for a while and I hope to read many more statements and reveries from us all.
I have been coming to Thailand for years and still have not explored every crack and crevice in Sunee Plaza. Each time I visit the scenery changes and there is more to explore. I promise myself next time I will venture as far as Jomtien

April 10th, 2009, 11:29
there is more to see in thailand but im afraid that many people come just for the sex trade. a shame really because they miss out on a lot of other great things.

francois
April 10th, 2009, 12:01
[quote="puckered_penguin I have been coming to Thailand for years and still have not explored every crack and crevice in Sunee Plaza. Each time I visit the scenery changes and there is more to explore. /quote]

Are you playing with words regarding those cracks and crevices in Sunee? You naughty penguin!

MARK
April 10th, 2009, 12:51

TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU MARK, NO WAY WOULD YOU FIND A HOOKER OR A HUSTLER IN THE CRAZY DRAGON. YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY SELLING CHEAP BEER

OH another bright spark :joker:
SO ALL THAIS ARE HOOKERS AND HUSTLES ? :scratch:
OH by the way its Krazy Dragon. :study:

x in pattaya
April 11th, 2009, 15:21
Oh By The Way It's HUSTLERS

P.S. How can a BROTHEL KEEPER moralise to others axcept maybe Necrophiles

Oh By The Way It's EXCEPT