PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya-repair question

thrillbill
April 3rd, 2009, 17:08
PATTAYA... (not too exciting of a topic) Where would one go to have a canvas sports bag sewn up where the seams are ripped? (PLease, not an Indian tailor shop.)

April 3rd, 2009, 18:17
i had the seams on a rucsack repaired by a seamstress on the pavement on Pattaya Tai opposite Tukcom. Good job, only 20B

April 3rd, 2009, 18:44
PATTAYA... (not too exciting of a topic) Where would one go to have a canvas sports bag sewn up where the seams are ripped? (PLease, not an Indian tailor shop.)
You will see many sidewalk sewing machines in both Bangkok and Pattaya, just ask if they can mend your bag. They may say the canvas is too heavy for their machine or you might get lucky. Give it a try.

thrillbill
April 4th, 2009, 00:59
Thanks for the replies. I have seen the sewing machine ladies..one on South Pattaya Road and one on soi 2 across from the Avenue but I figured the thread they use is only for hemming pants which is not thick enough.

markie1
April 4th, 2009, 01:09
Thanks for the replies. I have seen the sewing machine ladies..one on South Pattaya Road and one on soi 2 across from the Avenue but I figured the thread they use is only for hemming pants which is not thick enough.

Try The guy in the coblars shop ,he does belts and fixes shoes,right oppisite where you take the bart Bus to jomtien outside the school playground, turn right out of Boys town head to the traffic lights go right occross the lights and its about the 2nd shop just on the corner there ,i am sure he will be able to stich up your bag by hand with thick thread.

April 5th, 2009, 11:14
I had a small day pack that was coming apart at the top. I took it to one of the sewing machine ladies and she stitched it up using just normal thread. That has been several years ago and no problems so far. If you can not find a machine using thicker thread, it might be worth it to try the regular sewing machine people. What can you lose....20 baht?