PDA

View Full Version : Faqthong Huahin Murder

krobbie
April 3rd, 2009, 17:20
fattman,
Here is a line from the Observer Hua Hin news forum:

"From what I can gather his house was broken into yesterday, he woke up and the burglar knifed him to death".

More translation. "Age 68, British, Nicholas Francis Knight(sp). Alone at home. Police not sure at the moment if caused by a prior conflict, or they were kamoy's robbing the house".

This is in reference to the article and photo in the Thai Daily news today (Friday).

markie1
April 4th, 2009, 02:34
very sad to read this today ,poor old nick ,a very nice guy that i meet about 2.5 years ago ,he bought the forthong bar for his boy friend in hua Hin and then bought a house just outside of town ,i was only there 18 months ago ,visiting ,he had a boyfriend who ran the bar along with hsi friend ,Nick was a big guy ,but very soft inside and lavished his boy friend with gifts , not small gifts come to that ,he had a very straight back ground in his life and only came out about 5 years ago ,unfortuntely he was proberly making up for lost time ,but he spent millions of baht on his boys,he was a retired Doctor from Necastle.
This is so sad , and i hope they catch the people who did this .

Smiles
April 5th, 2009, 09:29
I am back in Canada right now and my local correspondant ('Bob') emailed this news.
Faqtong is 2 blocks away from our condo and we drop in ther for a beer once a week or so. Gotten to know some of the guys there, and a few we count as decent friends.

Faqtong had an older farang who used to stumble through to the back bar every time we have gone there. Asked about him to one of the gus there just the other day, and he said "owner" or "boss". The farang looked very frail, rather standoffish, and not in good health. I'm assuming that this farang was the body in question ... he having passed by us just the other night in his usual b-line for he back bar.

Should be an interesting investigation as it plays out.

markie1
April 5th, 2009, 15:11
I am back in Canada right now and my local correspondant ('Bob') emailed this news.
Faqtong is 2 blocks away from our condo and we drop in ther for a beer once a week or so. Gotten to know some of the guys there, and a few we count as decent friends.

Faqtong had an older farang who used to stumble through to the back bar every time we have gone there. Asked about him to one of the gus there just the other day, and he said "owner" or "boss". The farang looked very frail, rather standoffish, and not in good health. I'm assuming that this farang was the body in question ... he having passed by us just the other night in his usual b-line for he back bar.

Should be an interesting investigation as it plays out.
Yes that was Nick who stumbled through at night ,he liked his drink ,most nights he would nock back a bottle wine with dinner then finnish of in the bar that he bought the boy friend ,who i called Madamme Jim , The outcome should be very interesting on this case ,i hope we get to hear more and they find who did this .
I have had a many of drinks and many dinners togetrher with Nick , over a year ago ,and its hard to take all this in about his death. and sucha shock.