View Full Version : Baan Saladaeng Guesthouse Bangkok

pyro
April 1st, 2009, 08:33
I have decided to spend the last 3 days of my trip in Bangkok. I was looking at the Baan Saladaeng Guesthouse online and it looks very nice and close to Silom Soi 4 and all. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there or is familiar with it?

April 1st, 2009, 08:58
I stayed there about a year ago. I liked it, would have stayed again but they were booked this year.

It's not a five star hotel; it's basic, clean and comfortable. The hosts, Nutt and Jerry were awesome, both very sweet guys.

The room I stayed in was a fair size, faced the front. The furnishings were adequate, comfy queen size bed, night tables, lamps, desk with chair. Air Con worked well, WIFI (signal was stronger in the lobby), mini-bar, electronic safe, TV with I think a DVD player I think, in room telephone. There was a famous Italian restaurant that borders on the same soi, some noise coming from the kitchen there in the evening.

As for the bathroom, the toilet and shower were enclosed in a frosted glass cubicle with a (sliding door?), sink was just outside. Tastefully done but I felt awkward using the loo when I had guests.

They usually had a light breakfast that consisted of coffee, juice, fruit and maybe cereal.

There is no front desk, so if you happen to bring someone back, you're on your own as far as ID cards etc. The security is a key card that you need to get in and out of the building, so your guest will need to be let in and out.

It's about a 5 min walk to Silom, maybe more for others as I tend to walk fast.

There's a 7-11 on Sala Daeng just as you leave Silom.

anakot
April 1st, 2009, 12:02
soi_toi
I was looking at the avator of you drawn in your birthday suit 'walking fast' to the 7-11 near Sala Daeng. I thought from another post that you had shaved your chest hair... Now which is it to be? :cyclopsani:

April 1st, 2009, 14:03
soi_toi
I was looking at the avator of you drawn in your birthday suit 'walking fast' to the 7-11 near Sala Daeng. I thought from another post that you had shaved your chest hair... Now which is it to be? :cyclopsani:

I'm covering up these days, UV protection.