PDA

View Full Version : Future Boys Bangkok Part 3 and some other BKK notes

TrongpaiExpat
March 30th, 2009, 00:59
I reported a while back that Future Boys has made a come back and then Smiles paid a visit and concurred. Tonight (Sunday) I dropped in for the 10:30 show. It seems that someone let the gates to China open tonight, so many Chinese tourists on Soi Twilight the door touts switched to Chinese and 'show now' sounds something like fhung sheray.

The show started right at 10:30. The seats were about 1/2 full with customers. The show was about an hour long. There's even more acts and more sex than I had originally reported. More performers and more erections. It's an all sex routine, no singing and no lady boy numbers. It's a man-man's show. I had commented on the original post that the music was too loud. Now, it's quite subdued. You can actually talk to the person next to you.

I don't know if this is going to last or if it was just a Sunday thing but about 3/4 of the way through the show they announced that all drinks were 100B for the next hour. The other 1/2 of the bar filled with customers shortly after. It's been a long time since drinks were 100B in a Twilight go-go. I ordered a G and T and was surprised that it really had a good quantity of gin in it and in a tall glass.

There seems to be a lot of new boys and quite a decent line up. Still, for me it the waiters and one door tout that I have know for years.

Dick's Cafe's business picked up with the 10% discount promotion and some new very good food items on the menu.

I had read in the current copy of Spice that the Cafe Society, on Silom had a new menu too and dropped in there twice this week. Really good food (Thai and Western) but on the pricey side. Table service is now offered. It's a strange set up with some strange seating but I guess it's gay urban trendy, be seen and do air kisses and all that fag stuff kind of place. It's a big improvement from what they were offing before food wise. The coffee was always good and still is.

March 30th, 2009, 10:18
It seems that someone let the gates to China open tonight, so many Chinese tourists on Soi Twilight the door touts switched to Chinese and 'show now' sounds something like fhung sheray.

The coming weekend may see even more Chinese tourists because April 4 - 6 are public holidays in China.

I have noticed this trend too. It seems the gay businesses in China are now getting into organising holiday packages, which naturally includes a night out on Soi Twilight. My last visit to Future included the thrill of seeing a group of 35 Chinese men - who were better looking than the gogo boys! - arrive and were seated right at the edge of the stage. Within inches of all the erect cocks during the show, they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Yup, I agree with you on the waiters - some of them are more desirable-looking than the boys. And one of the waiters in Future was also able to speak Chinese, I noticed.

By the way, the Chinese word for "show" is "biaoyan"(pronounced "beow yen") which most barkers on Soi Twilight now know.

Smiles
March 30th, 2009, 11:44
Trongpai, have you noticed that the shows (perhaps especially at Future Boys?) get 'better' later into the night? Not really being a GoGo Bar haunter ~ manage to get to perhaps 3 shows a year ~ I've almost always taken in the first show of the evening at 10 or 10:30PM.
Never gone to one of the last shows (at 1AM, 2, or 3??) and was wondering if the boners got bonier (or the opposite :blackeye: ) the fucking is more acrobatic, and the semen squirts further and more plentifully late at night.

TrongpaiExpat
March 30th, 2009, 13:03
The Future Boys staff have lost that airline look uniform and are wearing colorful flowered button down shirts now. I don't know why. It was not the same performers either and a lot of the boys were new. The on-going three guy side stage chuck-wow show is still going strong.

Yes, it's fun to watch some of these Chinese all setting together holding their shopping and personal bags with a firm two hand grip, gotta watch these decadent free capitalist in a den of Western influenced smut. Some it appears have never seen someone have sex from a trapeze. Mostly middle age guys but sometimes a few younger very good looking guys in the mix. You don't often see one alone.

It's hard to say which show is better but as a general rule the first show has more acts and more performers. Weekends if it's busy might be the exception. They all close by 1am on Twilight. The beer bars/open cafes stay open to 2am.

March 30th, 2009, 17:22
Smiles - I'd say your imagination makes far better entertainment than any show.

As a regular at gogo bar shows - I really must get a life sometime - both early and late, I'd say the main difference is duration, not horniness. The early show, in my view, goes on too long. The standard is now like 60 minutes. The midnight show usually contains just 4 items, e.g. a dance/striptease, a big cock parade, one of foam/oil/gatoey comedy, and then a fuck number, the whole thing mercifully over within 25 minutes.

The big cock parade usually includes fewer boys than the early show, I suppose because some of them would have been off'd by midnight. As for the fuck show, sometimes it is the same couple as the early show, sometimes it's a different couple.

There is no squirting, far or near, in either the early or late show. EXCEPT at Tawan, which still has its "Chuckwow guard of honour". But that usually takes place around 11:30.

pong
March 31st, 2009, 21:15
to make this all very clear-and knowing about he Pattaya bisnis of groups of both JPnese and Chinese ladies being trucked in (bahtbussed)-Boy-oh-Boy-oh-Boy- dear khun macaroni-were they Chinese males and gay? Mainaldn Chinese or Taiwan/HongKong? I always thought that all mainland peoples republic Chinese have to come in guided tourgroups-condition of their visa-entry-rules.

March 31st, 2009, 23:59
to make this all very clear-and knowing about he Pattaya bisnis of groups of both JPnese and Chinese ladies being trucked in (bahtbussed)-Boy-oh-Boy-oh-Boy- dear khun macaroni-were they Chinese males and gay? Mainaldn Chinese or Taiwan/HongKong? I always thought that all mainland peoples republic Chinese have to come in guided tourgroups-condition of their visa-entry-rules.

The huge group of 35 that I saw, and briefly spoke to, in Future Boys last December were gay men in their 20s and 30s, from the city of Shenzhen (population 12 million). They're obviously the new middle class of Chinese, seeing their designer wear.They told me that they're members of a gay club back home, and someone among them had the brilliant idea of organising an all-gay tour group. I'm sure the idea will catch on and we'll see more gay groups in future.

I think the visa situation is more flexible than that. I have met in Bangkok mainland Chinese at various conferences. I have also met business executives travelling independently.

Like the Japanese 20 years ago, the first wave of tourists out from a country tends to be in tour groups, but if they enjoy a country and want to go back, chances are they will do so individually. The second trip is usually meant for doing the things that a tight tour program didn't allow.

Right now, the chief impediment for Chinese tourists travelling independently is the language barrier. But if you've seen the way the Chinese are learning English, and if you observe the way the Thai tourism industry is beginning to cater to Chinese-speaking tourists, this hurdle will be overcome.

quiet1
April 1st, 2009, 01:58
I always thought that all mainland peoples republic Chinese have to come in guided tourgroups-condition of their visa-entry-rules.
That may be an interpretation based on witnessing the Chinese "zero baht" tour groups that were somewhat common in Pattaya a few years ago. They were 100% prepaid tours: airfare, airport transfer, hotel room, all meals, transportation and local sightseeing -- in other words once the tour member got to the airport in China until they returned to that airport in China, they didn't need to spend a single baht.

There was some concern in the press at the time about those tours not being very beneficial to the local Thai economy, even if the number of Chinese tourists arriving seemed to make impressive leaps.

Are those "zero baht" tours still around?

TrongpaiExpat
April 1st, 2009, 11:46
Are those "zero baht" tours still around?

Yes, and don't stand between them and a breakfast buffet table.

I just got back from Chiang Saen and saw three huge tour buses parked along the road that follows the Mekong. They herded all the tourist to the side walk where mats were put out with candles and the organizers purchased street food from vendors and passed out tidbits in plastic bags to hungry Chinese sitting on the sidewalk not 1km from some nice riverside sit-down restaurants. I had imagined that the brochure mentioned they provided a romantic candle lit Mekong riverside dinner.

I was speaking to a restaurant owner that has a place opposite one of the hotels that cater to the tour buses. He said they arrive in the evening already fed and watered, don't stray from from the hotel and not one has ever wondered in his restaurant. They don't even cross the street and buy anything in the 7-11. He is beginning to wonder if they have any local currency at all.