PDA

View Full Version : Wake up Boyztown Pattaya

March 28th, 2009, 14:43
Empty - more empty - Boyztown
If you compare Boyztown with Sunee Plaza in moment Sunee Plaza is full and Boyztown is empty.
Why? The prices? The boys? The bright light in Boyztown?
Why is it possible that Mark in Krazy Dragon (Sunee Plaza) is able to sell all drinks for 99Baht with much more motivated boys as in Copa Bar or BoysBoysBoys and in these bars you pay already 160 Baht for a simple small bottle beer. I am ok when these prices are charged during the show time or other entertainment like in Cafe Royal with live music. But even the prices in Cafe Royal are to high if there is no entertainment (130Baht for a small beer). Why the normal bars in Sunee are able to charge average 70Baht for a bottle beer and in Boyztown its average 110Baht? Boyztown wake up or you will be empty all low season and evrybody there can sleep all this time.

MARK
March 28th, 2009, 14:50
The only thing I can say is there is a vast deferens between the rents in Boys Town than in Sunee Plaza
difference :study: That whot school was for new I should have gone.

Captain Swing
March 29th, 2009, 11:21
That's not where my vas deferens is. (Just wanted to jump in first).

MARK
March 29th, 2009, 11:42
That's not where my vas deferens is. (Just wanted to jump in first).

The only good thing about my English righting is I will NEVER get a way with having more than one account open think I would be spotted a mile off. :idea: :study: :scratch: :study: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
And the spell check on ms word is crap if you can not spell in the fist place,
Never mind and no offense taken but I think if you point them all out to me you would get as pisst of with me as my English teacher at school. :argue:

:thumbleft: :thumbleft:

Smiles
March 29th, 2009, 12:41
No problem Mark ( I.E. " ... I think if you point them all out to me ... " ). You are a veritable living breathing metaphor to the worst of the worst of english spelling and grammar . . . so much so that it's rather refreshing in a demented sort of way.

" ... The only good thing about my English righting is [that] I will [should be 'would'] NEVER get a way with having more than one account open think I (??) would be spotted a mile off.
And the spell check on ms word [capitalisation indicated] is crap [unnecessary foul language] if you can not spell in the fist place,
Never mind and no offense taken but I think if you point them all out to me you would get as pisst of with me as [was] my English teacher at school ... "
Quite amazing really.

catawampuscat
March 29th, 2009, 13:27
Back on subject.
The drink pricing policy is a minor factor for most of us. Most of the
go go boy bars in Sunee Plaza are only 10 or 20B. cheaper than most of
the Sunee boy go go bars.. Krazy Dragon is a bargain, especially now with
99B. drinks but the average Sunee boy go go bar is about 120-130B. and the average Boyztown is probably around 140B..
One bar in the Boyztown area is Lucky 777 which features 100B. beer prices.
Beer bars like Panarama are overpriced compared to Sunee Plaza beer bars
but as MARK has already stated, rents are much higher in Boyztown area..
The boy go go bars are almost the same in most cases..

Sunee Plaza is just more fun and much looser than most of Boyztown.
It is also far cozier and has a small town feel with all the beer bars concentrated in a small area and one can really feel at home and not
gawked at by groups of camera totting tourists..Sure there is a sleaze factor which either works for you or it doesn't..

Many perfer the Jomtien complex boy bars and I always have fun when I
go there but why travel when there is so much so near.. I do wonder if
Number One Boy bar in the Day Nite area will make it, but with ashtrays on all the tables, I will pass..

For those who appreciate bigger, older boys, Sunee boy go go bars don't offer much aside from Krazy Dragon and there are many gay men who only go to the Boyztown area boy bars and others who only go to Sunee.
Boyztown boy bars were depending on the large groups of straight tourists
and the Russians and others who aren't coming to Pattaya in the same numbers as before for economic reasons..
The Sunee Plaza boy bars are not crowded either and also suffering from
the world economic situation and business is slow almost everywhere,imho :cat:

MARK
March 29th, 2009, 13:39
No problem Mark ( I.E. " ... I think if you point them all out to me ... " ). You are a veritable living breathing metaphor to the worst of the worst of english spelling and grammar . . . so much so that it's rather refreshing in a demented sort of way.

" ... The only good thing about my English righting is [that] I will [should be 'would'] NEVER get a way with having more than one account open think I (??) would be spotted a mile off.
And the spell check on ms word [capitalisation indicated] is crap [unnecessary foul language] if you can not spell in the fist place,
Never mind and no offense taken but I think if you point them all out to me you would get as pisst of with me as [was] my English teacher at school ... "
Quite amazing really.
Now that did make me laugh :thumbleft:
Ps new that bloody grammar check did not work :study: you think Microsoft would come up with something for the idiots the likes of me. :sunny:
I am considering just posting smiley with the odd word thrown in I am calling marks sign language.
:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Could not belive it when I faild my French exams.

March 29th, 2009, 14:00
i now the rent is igh in boyztown b ut if they dont find other ways to bring in customers or lower there drink prices i fear that we will see many closings during this year.

March 29th, 2009, 15:23
i now the rent is igh in boyztown b ut if they dont find other ways to bring in customers or lower there drink prices i fear that we will see many closings during this year.
Well at least, thanks to Alf, they wont be wasting their money advertising on Pattaya Passion.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_snjcA0GCaB4/R-AgTwSUxVI/AAAAAAAAAVg/lIwCc7iyMUc/s320/shooting-yourself-in-the-foot.jpg

lonelywombat
March 29th, 2009, 17:26
The only thing I can say is there is a vast deferens between the rents in Boys Town than in Sunee Plaza
difference :study: That whot school was for new I should have gone.

I assume that the rents in Jomtien complex like the Venue are cheaper, and so are the drinks??????

March 29th, 2009, 18:08
Can anyone put me in touch with Smiles - I am relocating to Thailand on a retirement visa and would like to exchange emails with him.

Bob
March 29th, 2009, 18:34
Can anyone put me in touch with Smiles - I am relocating to Thailand on a retirement visa and would like to exchange emails with him.

He'll probably see the post here and PM you [but, to be sure, why don't you PM (which means "private message") him using the function on this board?]

If you have a retirement visa question, others here may also know the answer to your question so why not post it as a separate question?

pong
March 29th, 2009, 19:44
so what has happened to Sunee then? when I was last here-regulars may now try to estimate when that was-it was like drinks in BT about 60/70 bt-maybe 80/90 in BBB with 'sadeang'' or 20/the bottle with straw-in most Sunee places. I remember 1 place charging 30-but that came with free KaraOke (yuck) and something else'' free'' (iow included)-some food or so. The very, very few and not really recommended gogo-places then were maybe 40/50 for beers. i dont think even in preicey BKK the general price level has gone up that much in that time...........

March 29th, 2009, 22:51

Eye hope th spellin on your websyte is beter than wot u wrote ere.

my website? i wish! i barely own my 1987 chevy let alone a web busniss!

Up2U
March 29th, 2009, 23:48
Do many of gay venues in BT even pay rent? I am thinking of BBB, Cafe Royal, Ambiance, Serene Pub. They are some of worst offenders in price gouging.

March 30th, 2009, 01:43
Yes,I thought that also. Some businesses pay rent, but I thought that the places in BT were bought originally outright. Unless, its similar to the UK where they might have bought the building but the land on which it stands is "rentable", therefore, a ground rent is payable, but usually that is minimal.

Having said that, in the UK, at the moment, a lot of "rents" are coming due "now", well according to the press, and a lot of businesses are shutting shop as they cannot afford it. There are places up and down the UK in the town centres that are basically empty.

The point being its a shame really that these rents hold someone up irrespective of good or bad times when a business is running,

It would be interesting to know how "it works" in BT.

March 30th, 2009, 09:09
yes, the bigger ones in bt like bbb and copa/cafe royal are owned outright. but other bars like toy boys, scandalic are paying rent. they are probaly very hi rents too!

yedo111
April 20th, 2009, 08:08
Why should it be more expenive for a drink in a gay go go bar than a straight one ??

I want to see big signs outside boyztown offering happy hours and 70 Baht drinks.

I'm sure the customers will buy more drinks for the boys too.

April 20th, 2009, 08:13
Why should it be more expenive for a drink in a gay go go bar than a straight one ??

Have you compared off fees and expected tips, before you start bitching?

TrongpaiExpat
April 20th, 2009, 11:22

Have you compared off fees and expected tips, before you start bitching?

I have. Soi Cowboy, all drinks 100B, off fees 300B and expected tip is almost standardized short time with 500 for JO/touchy feely, 1000 BBBJ, 1,500 vaginal intercourse. Not that they might try for more or agree to less. Long time, you can end up buying the farm and having kids.

Other venues more, one or two hi so bath venues a lot more and a few less.

blueboy
April 27th, 2009, 12:05
Went a few nights ago into 2 bars in Boyztown:

1. Funny Boys - now charge 160 Baht for what used to be 140 Baht and they have some information about a 10% off if you buy a life membership card!

2. Wild West used to have a Happy hour until 10PM at 99 Baht for any drink - no longer. I paid 150 Baht at 9PM

At a time when everyone is being more careful with money, shouldn't they be reducing prices to entice customers to come into their bars. Has the price of beers or liquor gone up? Not when I buy it in 7/11.
I gave up going to BBB a few months ago when they put up their prices to 180 Baht, and it looks like I will be giving up on both the above bars. It's not a matter of 10 or 20 Baht, but I just think these bars owners are greedy and blind to their custom base.

zinzone
April 27th, 2009, 12:56

1. Funny Boys - now charge 160 Baht for what used to be 140 Baht and they have some information about a 10% off if you buy a life membership card!

2. Wild West used to have a Happy hour until 10PM at 99 Baht for any drink - no longer. I paid 150 Baht at 9PM

At a time when everyone is being more careful with money, shouldn't they be reducing prices to entice customers to come into their bars. Has the price of beers or liquor gone up? Not when I buy it in 7/11.
I gave up going to BBB a few months ago when they put up their prices to 180 Baht, and it looks like I will be giving up on both the above bars. It's not a matter of 10 or 20 Baht, but I just think these bars owners are greedy and blind to their custom base.

Agree with what you say blueboy. They are pricing themselves out of the market.
If enough of us refuse to pay these nonsence prices, maybe that will make them reconsider( ?)

MARK
April 27th, 2009, 13:07
From now on all DRINKS INCLUDING BOYS DRINKS 99Bht :cheers: :drunken: :cheers: :drunken: :drunken:

Well defiantly one of the better offers that we have put on lately so I have altered the price of drinks to stay at 99bht for the foreseeable future :idea: This includes boys drinks,

Thanks for the good response and you bussines is appreciated :cheers:

Mark.

blueboy
April 27th, 2009, 15:00
Well done Mark - I hope it brings you in more customers.

BOYZTOWN - Can you hear, or will you remain oblivious to the World recession and its effects on most of your customers wallets????

April 27th, 2009, 16:17

That's Thai Style
Clever of Panorama Bar - Selling many Life Time Membership Cards to get 10% discount also in Funny Boys and afterwards increasing the prices with more than 10%.
Look in Boyztown: At Cafe Royal are always 3-4 waiter borred outside (but on the payrol) and if you going to sit there and order a drink they treat you like a shit (outside). One new bar owner in Boyztown who charge only 120 Baht for the dinks got threaten with some comments already. That means most of them agreeing the prices there. So let support Mark in Sunee Plaza with the "Krazy Dragon" and show that we appreciate this promotion. Many open Bars in Sunee Plaza also nice and in good condition. And let see what is "The Venue" doing next in Jomtien Complex? WAKE UP BOYZTOWN!!!!

blueboy
April 27th, 2009, 23:35
Tonight in Jomtien Complex, a drink for 90 Baht, with my friends having a good time. They're on holiday and want a few drinks and have refused to go to Boyztown and be limited to 1 drink at 150 Baht or more, when they can afford a bottle or at least a few drinks in Sunee or Jomtien and not be hassled by mamasans and still have a wonderful time.
Why go to Boyztown?

markie1
April 28th, 2009, 02:04
Tonight in Jomtien Complex, a drink for 90 Baht, with my friends having a good time. They're on holiday and want a few drinks and have refused to go to Boyztown and be limited to 1 drink at 150 Baht or more, when they can afford a bottle or at least a few drinks in Sunee or Jomtien and not be hassled by mamasans and still have a wonderful time.
Why go to Boyztown?

I have to agree wake up Boyz town , 160 Baht for a small beer is just too much for the average punter, thats over ┬г3.00 uk ,more than a London Gay bar charges.I am sure if prices were cheaper people would actually stay in your venues longer and drink more,you are all pricing your self out of Buisness.I for one have seen a big decline in these bars in te last 3 years .

blueboy
April 29th, 2009, 13:00
PG REPORT:

Ozz Bar is having a HAPPY HOUR from 5.00 pm until 8.00 pm as a run up to Songkran and beyond.

Drinks on offer will be -
House Gin plus mixer 50 baht
House Vodka plus mixer 50 baht
100 Pipers plus mixer 50 baht
Chang draught 50 baht a glass
Chang draught jug 140 baht

Amazingly cheap compared to Boyztown

blueboy
May 17th, 2009, 12:38
Correction - my previous post was not correct, sorry

I was in Wild West and they still do have 99 baht drinks before 10 PM - good on them!

thrillbill
May 17th, 2009, 17:48
Why is it Telephone bar in Bangkok can charge 90 baht for a beer ; whereas Panorama charges a heaping 120 baht? Ridiculous since it doesn't have the eye candy around like soi 4 in BKK.

May 17th, 2009, 19:19
Why is it Telephone bar in Bangkok can charge 90 baht for a beer ; whereas Panorama charges a heaping 120 baht? Ridiculous since it doesn't have the eye candy around like soi 4 in BKK.

My goodness, an entire 25% more! Call in the FOQ brigade!

PS: if you hadn't noticed before, almost everything is more expensive in Pattaya than in Bangkok. That is pretty standard for 5-star, world class beach resorts.

Of course, you can always sip your beer sitting on the kerb outside the 7-11, if you prefer.

colmx
May 17th, 2009, 19:46
PS: if you hadn't noticed before, almost everything is more expensive in Pattaya than in Bangkok. That is pretty standard for 5-star, world class beach resorts.

-Hotels
-Off Fees
-Tips
-Massage fees
-Restaurant pricing
-GoGo Bar drinks
-Sansuk V Babylon

Are all much cheaper in Pattaya than Bkk (and lets face it that all most people visiting Pattaya really care about!)

Cinemas, Supermarkets and Branded goods in high street stores are priced same

Some things i see cheaper in Bkk are:
Taxi transportation, the Pattaya SongThaews are cheap if you follow their set route - but a rip off if you need to rent one and deviate from their path

Disco pricing - 60B for soda in Pattaya - whereas the Rachada and Ramsari discos tned to charge only 30B per soda

Markets - Thai size T-shirt in Pattaya 180B, in Bkk 100B

And of course Panorama as listed above!

May 17th, 2009, 19:51
Someone's not really done their research have they . . .
According to the Panorama drinks menu the only beers for 120 Baht are LARGE bottles
During Happy Hour a draught beer is 70 Baht and 90 Baht at other times.

May 18th, 2009, 00:13
I dont know where beach bunny got his idea of calling pattaya a 5 star beach resort, its maybe a 5star knocking shop

DCbob
May 18th, 2009, 04:01
Mark do not worry about your spelling and grammar.
The only reason that languages exists is to get your thoughts from your brain so another can understand it.
You do that quite well.
And it does not hurt that someone else has to think.
Might do them good.

:salute:

May 18th, 2009, 07:14

Of course, you can always sip your beer sitting on the kerb outside the 7-11, if you prefer.

AHEM!

120B is 33.33% more than 90B, not 25% more

Silly Bunny

:cheers:

May 18th, 2009, 07:27
Whatever one says, places like BoyzTown which are cheaper than your typical Bangkok bars by the way, bar prices are on comparison with the West now i.e. 160 bht to 250 bht for drinks in BKK is 3 to 5 (UK pounds). Even cheaper bars who only charge 100 bht for a beer, remember that is 1/2 pint, in the UK for 160 bht you get a pint.

As I've said before the only good deal is when you go to DJ station - 100 bht.

It won't stop going to Thailand though, as long as you know what you are up against, you put up with it or you don't.

giggsy
May 18th, 2009, 07:43
85 bht for a pint of jw lees bitter in my local

[attachment=0:4qy1h7gu]TVHLCAPX5ITECA01YK8ECAS7M01MCAK89KWVCAT2QMENCARTZ2 LHCAQBKWJ0CA6W8KN6CAKDN9KXCANMCOUOCAXYECWICAPO5MJA CAZWF7BKCAGN4ILTCAU6F6M9CAJP8AX1CAQ5WAD4CAU691ZXCA 15YVEY.jpg[/attachment:4qy1h7gu]

MARK
May 18th, 2009, 11:14
Since the drinks prices at the krazy where reduced back down to 99Bht turnover has increased by 25% -30% approximately taking profit levels up to similar level to that of the previous year.
I for one hope that the other bars keep to there original prices and donтАЩt follow my lead, and I cant wait to see how the Thai bar owners will react to the alcohol tax increase I would like to bet that they will just put there prices up AGAIN because its all they understand, no customer care, no promotion, no idea about cost cutting or re investing profit back in to the business to keep customer satisfaction, and try to cater for one type of customer rather than trying to appeal to a wider customer base.
As for boys town I am not sure if itтАЩs the prices that put people off going or the fact that if your face doesnтАЩt fit or you donтАЩt act like a big spender you seem to get treated like you have just crawled from under a stone or may be thatтАЩs just my perception.
:salute:

thrillbill
May 18th, 2009, 12:57

Bunny, I hope you were being sarcastic about the "5-star world class beach"... If you think Pattaya Beach is 5 star... or even 3 star, you must be from a mud hole in the middle of the prairies. And usually, drinks/night life are more expensive in a metropolis like Bangkok than in a trashy city like Pattaya. Look at prices in Sydney, London, Miami compared to smaller cities nearby... The smaller cities are cheaper. And like someone has mentioned before on a forum, why is it that the "straight" bars charge less for (example) a bottle of beer than some place like Panorama? Why is it I can go to DJ's and pay 200 baht entrance fee which includes two drinks (and they are not watered down); whereas at BoyzBoyz it is 125 baht for a water down drink? ( If one comes here on holiday, he probably doesn't notice the differences in drink prices, but when you live here, you start to notice some of the poor ting-tong customer prices that goes on. I guess that is why I'd rather do my socializing/clubbing on weekends in Bangkok...classier and cheaper.)

May 18th, 2009, 15:29
[quote=thrillbill]Why is it Telephone bar in Bangkok can charge 90 baht for a beer ; whereas Panorama charges a heaping 120 baht? Ridiculous since it doesn't have the eye candy around like soi 4 in BKK.

AHEM!

120B is 33.33% more than 90B, not 25% more

Silly Bunny

:cheers:[/quote:3ieqbfv1]

Ah, yes...but 90 baht is 25% cheaper than 120 baht. Non?

a447
May 18th, 2009, 15:53

Good one, Beach Bunny! If Pattaya is your idea of a top class resort you have obviously spent all your time slumming it. If you were well-traveled you would know that it is definitely neither 5 star nor world class. (But I suppose it would seem like that to a fat old farang living in Thailand on a lowly pension.)

May 18th, 2009, 15:57
sarcasm

A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, тАЬOh, you've arrived exactly on time!тАЭ
The American Heritage┬о New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright ┬й 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

May 18th, 2009, 20:24
BB

I think you should be looking in a mirror before you start talking about the meaning of sarcasm!!

a447
May 18th, 2009, 20:52
Nice try, Beach Bunny! But, unfortunately, you preceded that stupid comment with

PS: if you hadn't noticed before, almost everything is more expensive in Pattaya than in Bangkok.
Your comment was used as a justification of your opinion of Pattaya.
A bit rich to claim it was sarcasm I think!
The bottom line is, in your narrow world Pattaya is considered a 5 star destination. That just about sums you up.

May 18th, 2009, 21:34
My feelings about Shitsville -- as well as the people who hang out there -- are well known here...at least to anyone with a brain.

You know, I think you may be giving our friend Wes a run for the money in the thickest SGT member contest. Wes...the geenyus who thinks I'm somehow responsible for the arrest of someone I don't know, have never met, and have never once mentioned in any post here or elsewhere.

TrongpaiExpat
May 18th, 2009, 22:47
Beach Bunny Joined: Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:24 pm GMT+7
romina Joined: Fri 16 Jan, 2009 2:09 pm GMT+7

Coincidental?

giggsy
May 18th, 2009, 23:04
:cyclopsani: I know what your saying trongpai ..they are both homicidal undercover cops and they are trying to close SGT down by bumping off posters -homi - henry - cat -or getting the others one by one arrested....watch out everyone count bunny is comming :pale:

May 19th, 2009, 03:23
My goodness.......Bob(Spike) must be loving you guys.
Remember that all the hits, he gets something from it. So this thread has gone from Boystown to spats between individuals, He must be laughing all the way to the bank. He doesnt need donations when he has you guys participating in all of this. The viewed ads in each thread pay the real money!! All that happens is you spew another load of crap. Wonderful.

May 19th, 2009, 04:49
Ah, yes...but 90 baht is 25% cheaper than 120 baht. Non?

OUI

- but that is NOT what you said you revisionist Bunny you!

May 19th, 2009, 04:58
BB

I think you should be looking in a mirror before you start talking about the meaning of sarcasm!!

Very few ex-pats actually HAVE mirrors in their condos - haven't you noticed?

In restaurants I have even heard them say "Thank you, but I never drink..................wine"

As for the dirt-lined coffin-shaped bed and references to the "Children of the night" being their friends..... I think it all adds up and tells us all we need to know.

ceejay
May 19th, 2009, 06:03
Very few ex-pats actually HAVE mirrors in their condos - haven't you noticed?

In restaurants I have even heard them say "Thank you, but I never drink..................wine"

As for the dirt-lined coffin-shaped bed and references to the "Children of the night" being their friends..... I think it all adds up and tells us all we need to know.

And they are doomed, for all eternity, to wander the night time streets of Pattaya, looking for a virgin to sacrifice. :sad11: :sad11:

a447
May 19th, 2009, 15:42
Trongpai, you may be correct, especially as Romania previously posted

Whether or not you consider Beach Bunny to be a troll you do have to admit that this board would be a lot less lively without many of Beach Bunny's classic one line witty replies.
When asked for one example, none was forthcoming. Or was he being....sarcastic?

a447
May 19th, 2009, 17:08
Neither, Romania. I just haven't come across anything "witty." I repeat, please point one witty comment out to me.
Still waiting.......

"we shipped to Australia" - who are the "we" you refer to, Romania? Were you really around then?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 20th, 2009, 00:00
I'm in the mood to give you a real serve gaydestination (you don't deserve it but I feel fucking mad today) but you are spot on and as much as it gives me dyspepsia..so is Catawampus !

Quite frankly ..Sunnee Plaza has that unique layout where one can walk in a circle and check out the action without ever going into a bar and it's that simple.

BoyzTown just doesn't have the same "promenade" feel.

As for cheaper drinks..if you think paying another 50 baht for a drink is life threatening then you really should just stay home.