PDA

View Full Version : Nova Platinum Pattaya

March 28th, 2009, 02:06
http://www.amari.com/novaplatinum/?gcli ... 5QodFhg1vA (http://www.amari.com/novaplatinum/?gclid=CLH3kZvkw5kCFYJM5QodFhg1vA)

I'm planning 5 days in June, and thought about the Nova Platinum, looks nice and rates seem good.

It seems like it's a few mins away from the main areas but not too far, just wondered if anyone could share any experiences of staying there or what they think about location?

Thanks!

neddy3
March 28th, 2009, 07:03
I have eaten in their restaurant a few times (quite good pizza, expensive wine), and had a look around the ground floor.
The pool and surrounding area are stunning. The whole place gives the impression of something being done quite well.

From the Nova, it is a 5-10 minute walk to Sunee Plaza, a 15 minute walk or short baht bus ride to Boystown, so location is quite convenient. It is also on the main transport route to Jomtien.

I'm not sure what romania means by OTT rabble, but agree that you would be unlikely to find rabble of any description here.
I would check their joiners policy, as the hotel gives me the impression that they would have a joiner charge; maybe I'm wrong, have not asked.

ceejay
March 28th, 2009, 07:28
I would check their joiners policy
If you click on FAQ on the website, they answer this there. There is no charge for joiners, but they require an ID card, like any well run hotel.

March 28th, 2009, 17:27
Special 999 Baht opening rate www.thevenuejomtien.com (http://www.thevenuejomtien.com)

March 28th, 2009, 18:40
Thanks for all the info

My trips starting to come together:

3 nights Centre Point Saladeng - BKK
4 nights PJs - Chiang Mai
5 nights Nova Platinum - Pattaya
5 nights Centre Point Saladeng - BB

Thinking of some white water rafting, Thai Cookery Classes and no doubt som other fun as well!!!

Notice there's another advert for the venue in Jomtien in this post, based on the promotion in almost every thread, can't imagine wanting to stay there, thinks it's counter productive!

firecat69
March 29th, 2009, 07:09
I am currently at Centre Pointe Saladaeng and am sure you will be pleased. PJ's is excellent. I have no personal knowledge of Nova but use a site called Trip Advisor to check out travel arrangements. I had thought about staying there.

Nova gets very bad reviews. Rooms small, quality bad, thin walls etc.

Just my 2 cents worth.

jk

Captain Swing
March 29th, 2009, 11:14
Be fair. Trip Advisor rates the hotel highly. A few complaints--mostly about small bathrooms--but also some rave reviews. Some of the complaints are nit-picks (no ledge for the soap in the shower?) Of course some of those posting raves probably go overboard too. In any event, no reason the OP shouldn't have a great time there.

firecat69
March 29th, 2009, 11:42
You are right I made the mistake of clicking on a thread that started with reviews just after the opening. Many of those reviews were terrible.

The more recent reviews are very good.

Shame on me because I did not book it because of bad reviews and it appears I lost out

Oh well next time.

ceejay
March 29th, 2009, 20:13
TripAdvisor is a good resource, so long as you read the reviews and decide for yourself how much credence to give them. I have read two recently for hotels in Ayutthaya where they were severely marked down for:

"The staff spoke very little English" and
"The breakfast was very Asian oriented"

Quite why these people bothered travelling to Asia in the first place is beyond me.

Incidentally, I have noticed that the people who complain about the standard of English in Thai hotel staff tend to be the ones with the most aggressive posting styles. Thais may not be confrontational, but they have their own ways of dealing with rude and aggressive customers!

April 1st, 2009, 01:51
How is Centre point saladeng I've not stayed there before, usually i use saladeng place, but now i think there rates are too hight, they charge for internet and it's getting a bit old, but location is great!

So thought i'd give centre point a try, can you bring people back OK?

fedssocr
April 1st, 2009, 07:05
There are a bunch of serviced apartments clustered all around each other and Soi Saladaeng. I stayed at Siri Sathorn during the airport closures. Pretty good location other than the giant construction site right next door. Ask for a unit on the other side of the building. It's not exactly cheap though and it's operated by the same company as the Sukhothai Hotel. It was about Bt3500-3800 per night. But very comfortable, free wifi, fully equipped kitchen. Nice flat screen TV, DVD player, daily maid service, etc. It's run more like a hotel. No extra charges for utilities or anything like that. I think it's a bit better location than Centrepoint.

But there were other apartments directly across the street, I can't remember the name. But you could probably shop around the street.

firecat69
April 1st, 2009, 07:48
I am currenty at Centerpoint Saladaeng. It is probably a 2 minute further walk to Silom at Saladaeng or 2 minutes shorter to intersection of Rama IV and Silom.

I have not stayed at Siri Sathorn but have looked at website and it is very nice but considerably more expensive then Centerpoint.

Centerpoint provides all the sames things but internet is hard wired instead of WIFI which generally is a faster connection.

I can also tell you if you are staying multiple nights it is worth emailing reservations and asking for a better price. I am a regular customer but the price I got for a 2 bedroom suite was considerably less then the others on the road ask for a Studio.

Things are extremely slow in Bangkok and fabulous deals are to be had for the asking, but you must ask.