PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai

March 25th, 2009, 05:43
I was thinking of a short trip to CM maybe 3 or 4 nights. Can anyway give any ideas of how long would be good to visit, things to do and places to saty. Afterwards i'll have maybe 1 week in Pattaya?

Khor tose
March 25th, 2009, 07:42
I was thinking of a short trip to CM maybe 3 or 4 nights. Can anyway give any ideas of how long would be good to visit, things to do and places to saty. Afterwards i'll have maybe 1 week in Pattaya?

Not enough information. What is your budget? High try Lotus hotel--gay owned and near the go-go bars. Medium to high try PJ's place or Novotel. PJ's place has great gay hosts that will show you who, what and where to go. Novotel is right in the main go-go bar area. Less expensive try come-on-place, or soho bar.

The two main gay areas are off Chan Pauk and in the night market. All of this information with a nice list of clubs, bars, places to stay, massage parlors, and discos, is on this web site. Check it out and I hope you have a great time.
http://dragoncastle.net/chiangmai.shtml

March 26th, 2009, 01:59
Thanks for the info, I've booked PJs which looks great!

Any bar, or other recommendations?

Thanks!

Khor tose
March 26th, 2009, 09:02
Thanks for the info, I've booked PJs which looks great!
Any bar, or other recommendations?
Thanks!

Excellant pick. Peter and Jiap (PJ) are two really great people. You can trust them 100%. They will not mislead you or try to rip you off in any way. Jiap can fill you in on the whole scene in Chiang Mai, and tell you anything else you may need to know. They not only know the gay scene very well but they have knowlegde of all the tourist things from snake farms to elephants that paint, to shooting ranges, to the surprisingly good Chiang Mai Aquarium. Advice on bars depend on what you are looking for and I think you should ask Jiab. Warning Chiang mai is very different then many other places in Thailand. Most of the go-go bars have straight boys and they claim to be all tops---not true. However, the peak in the night bazaar does have three bars with gay boys, and there is another section by Dusit 2 that has many boys some gay some straight some ??. Close to you are two good host bars with gay boys. One is SOHO and the other is a brand new bar next to Krits restaurant. You can walk to either of these bars in 4 minutes from PJs. Many very good massage parlors in Chiang Mai and they are mostly gay boys. Be specific in what you are looking for as a happy ending to your massage. I recommend B-Beez, but different strokes for different folks.

I am moving to CM permanitely in August. In the meantime, I am very jealous of you. Have a great time.

Khor tose
March 26th, 2009, 09:59
Not clear, but is the guy on the left of the photo one of the guys from Rachada Cafe?

He is the co-owner or he was the last time I visited the bar. Not sure of the spelling but his name is pronounced note. We go back quite a few years, but that is a long story.

Do you live in CM. Have we met?

TrongpaiExpat
March 26th, 2009, 12:25
I hope that Note, Peter and Jiap have given permission for that photo to be posted. No pictures of them on the PJ's web site.

Small world, I showed my BF the photo as we know Peter and Jiap and he said what's Note doing in that photo, I know him from Bangkok.

PJ Place (http://pjs-place.com/)

March 26th, 2009, 13:36
I thought there was a rule about posting pictures of other people?